No-Show for an out-of-state date!

Tybi

OK I know you ladies will enjoy this story...

A co-worker of mine that I have posted about previously has recently been on-line dating. She is on match and plenty of fish. She is in her early 50s and is still interested in finding a husband. She has no children, and seems to be a bit of an airhead, even at her age.

Anyway she read a book that says women have to meet 30 men before they find the right one, provides some formula saying why, and then tells women that they should join on-line dating sites since its hard to meet that many men with our busy schedules ( I am sure the authors of the book work for one of the online dating sites but thats another thread!)

Long story short, she meets a man up north (we are in Florida), communicates for a week or two, and decides to fly up to see him. He claims he cant come to Florida cause its "too hot". So she buys a ticket and flies up for Sunday lunch due to return that night. He never meets her at the airport. She receives a voicemail while on the plane saying that he cant meet her after all since she went to dinner the night before with someone else.

So she spends the night in a hotel, flies home the next day, and spends the rest of the week calling and emailing him. Her explanation is that SHE is a player and does not want to get played, so she has to get the last word. She gets him to talk to her, and somehow agrees to fly back up to see him AGAIN on her dime this week!!! Really?? So she is supposed to be headed up there Monday if she can get a flight. She also has been receiving anonymous prank calls at 3 in the morning asking what she is wearing. She swears it is him cause only a handful of people have her number.

They are in their early 50s and yes they are yt.

I have no comment, just wanted to share.

well....a date is a date and in my book
he pays!!!!

whether it's here in a cafe in NYC
or in a bed and breakfast in Ga..travel included which really did happen with me
he gave me his credit card over the phone .. I used it for both travel ticket and B&B
I tore up the number..I chose the B&B..so to not stay at his house..nor did he stay with me..though I visited his house...and his dog..ALL MEALS WERE PAYED FOR MY DATE
as with anything we did that weekend..I was going to take a taxi to the B&B
But he met me at the station with a bouquet of flowers and a respectful kiss on the cheek

though he was not ready for any thing serious..
so it ultimately went south..lol
but ...we are still good friends two years after
I tore up the number.....but hey! that's me

They are in their early 50s

but yeah,well..sometimes older is NOT wiser

Last edited:
Don't know why I'm always surprised when a woman in her 50's acts so immaturely. Why would a woman play herself so hard? Desperation is a terrible look.

ETA: Tigerlily, your siggy is to die for, really beautiful :love:.

Don't know why I'm always surprised when a woman in her 50's acts so immaturely. Why would a woman play herself so hard? Desperation is a terrible look.
I'm never suprised. Desperation comes in every age bracket. :nono: Poor misguided lady.

Yes yes yes! ITA with all of you!

@Kayte: she paid for everything, her flight, her hotel, her dinner. Now she wants him to pay for the next trip, but can't because she lied to him and told him she was able to get free flights (she retired from Southwest Airlines):lachen:

@Hopeful: It makes me sad but she is the type of woman that gives us women a bad name. She is dumb, and men see this mess and think its OK to treat us that way. But she can afford to fly around and make a fool of herself so who am I to object!

thanks so much for the compliment, I walk around sometimes and feel like such a HAM, that really means a lot to me!:blush3:

please tell me her initials are not JK because i use to work with a foolish woman just like this. fewl to canada without a passport and couldn' meet with her prince one time. I just SMH

Last edited:
The man claiming he can't come to Florida because its too hot would have done me in. I would never have paid for a flight to see a man :nono:.

Yeah, she's either desperate or not too sharp, or both. A 50-year-old woman should be able to play the game well enough to know from the getgo when a game is being run on her.

Long story short, she meets a man up north (we are in Florida), communicates for a week or two, and decides to fly up to see him. He claims he cant come to Florida cause its "too hot". So she buys a ticket and flies up for Sunday lunch due to return that night. He never meets her at the airport. She receives a voicemail while on the plane saying that he cant meet her after all since she went to dinner the night before with someone else.

NO!!!! This is SO against "The Rules". :wallbash: Poor lady! Why on earth would she think it would be okay to fly to HIS state after only conversing with him (ONLINE) for a week or two?? I mean come on!! :nono: A guy who was REALLY serious and interested in her would have come down to Florida. I know you guys probably think I'm a "Rules" junkie, but honestly, flying or traveling to see a man first when he has put ZERO effort into traveling to see you is a BIG no-no. :naughty:

The guy should travel to see YOU first. Let HIM make the effort and expend the money. Then to go and play her like that, not even greeting her at the airport is just trifling!

So she is supposed to be headed up there Monday if she can get a flight. She also has been receiving anonymous prank calls at 3 in the morning asking what she is wearing. She swears it is him cause only a handful of people have her number.

:dead:

You've got to be kidding me. Okay, no offense but why doesn't this woman sound black?

The man claiming he can't come to Florida because its too hot would have done me in. I would never have paid for a flight to see a man :nono:.

THANK YOU!!! There is no way I'm traveling to go see a man first, let alone going to go see a man who has basically told me that he has no intentions of traveling to see me. :nono:

Are women really that desperate these days? Goodness, I feel like some of these men just sit back and let the women run the show and make all the effort! Note: If you're doing most of the work in the relationship, maybe it's time to end it. :ohwell: The man should be a man and do most of the pursuing.

I hope your co-worker doesn't go there...

Wow just wow. No man in the world would have me flying all over the place for him, or driving all over the place for him, or biking all over the place for him, or...

please tell me her initials are not JK because i use to work with a foolish woman just like this. fewl to canada without a passport and couldn' meet with her prince one time. I just SMH

:lachen: Nope but they sound as if they could be related!!

Nope me either. And I would not be trying to meet someone so soon in person anyway.

Yeah, she's either desperate or not too sharp, or both. A 50-year-old woman should be able to play the game well enough to know from the getgo when a game is being run on her.

Both. She makes me uncomfortable to be around her. biggest scatter brain ever, and has the nerve to give me dating advice:blush:!!

She's going to be out a lot of money doing dumb things like this.

:yep:
:dead:

You've got to be kidding me. Okay, no offense but why doesn't this woman sound black?
Are women really that desperate these days? Goodness, I feel like some of these men just sit back and let the women run the show and make all the effort! Note: If you're doing most of the work in the relationship, maybe it's time to end it. :ohwell: The man should be a man and do most of the pursuing.

Hmmm.. what gave it away?? LOL! Surprisingly she is Mexicana, I would not expect this from her but...

I follow the rules too, and this is just beyond stupid. She is extremely bored with life at this point.

Is she attractive?
Maybe he did come to the airport and he saw her and decided to go away???:look::look:

Yes. Well she is always going on about how beautiful she used to be, but an autoimmune disease caused her to put on weight and she is not aging well, but she is always dressed, hair done and makeup so I think she is attractive.

Wow just wow. No man in the world would have me flying all over the place for him, or driving all over the place for him, or biking all over the place for him, or...

Nope:nono:

Wow what a naive dumb 50! And pathetic..sorry.

Yes. And she knows it too cause she kept telling me to not think her crazy for doing this. Unfortunately for her I already do think she is, not only because of this, but other nonsense she has done in the past. She is my mom's age and I have never had such little respect for a woman as I do for her. I will have to post the story of how she was swindled out of thousands of dollars by her last fiancé:sad:

Wow...this is a really a sad story-seriously!! I know I have made some bad descisions in my past but dammnnnnn, and if I were still getting caught up in this kind of mess at 50 OMG somebody strike my head with a baseball bat(really hard, like I need to be rushed to the ER hard)!!! How serious is she about finding someone? Beacuse choices like this will definitely not get her what she is looking for but rather more heartache.

He knew she was a fool before they even met! Imagine paying your way to see a man? Heckie naw!

Yes yes yes! ITA with all of you!

@Kayte: she paid for everything, her flight, her hotel, her dinner. Now she wants him to pay for the next trip, but can't because she lied to him and told him she was able to get free flights (she retired from Southwest Airlines):lachen:

Aint going to happen!

ITA With your whole post but especially to the bolded. I aint balling out of control but I NEVER had to do that to meet a man. Even at 50 if it's like that I'm joining the other team.

IF she is going to be a dummy cant she be a dummy with somebody local? It would be a lot cheaper...:look:

lmao

Wow...this is a really a sad story-seriously!! I know I have made some bad descisions in my past but dammnnnnn, and if I were still getting caught up in this kind of mess at 50 OMG somebody strike my head with a baseball bat(really hard, like I need to be rushed to the ER hard)!!! How serious is she about finding someone? Beacuse choices like this will definitely not get her what she is looking for but rather more heartache.

So true but I have to lmao again!

he's married and she's stupid

Hmm...that wouldnt suprise me.

And this whole story is just sad, this cant be life.

Last edited:

Very sad. Thats why I avoid her sometimes. I am currently single, and my biggest nightmare is ending up like her. Which I know won't happen but still, can you imagine?

The night I went out with her and she told me this story, she must have checked her cell phone every 10 minutes. She broke down and called him twice, of course he never answered. She tried to laugh it off but I knew it upset her. She was even telling about their plans to move in together :rolleyes:. She is a sad lonely woman.

Back