no she did not....!

LivingDol1

....just try to count all of the braids on my head while i was standing in line at the bank!!

i just dumped a buttload of change in the counter at the bank and just wanted to get my cash and go. this lady gets in line behind me and just starts marveling at my braids! asking me how many? she was hispanic and had an accent so i thought she was asking me how many hours to get it done.

"No, how many braids?"

"Oh I don't know... I've never counted."

"Oh, I wanna know. Uno, dos, tres, cuatro.... catorce, quince...."

really? she is IN MY HAIR! i keep moving up ahead in line, hoping she'll back off. she finally stopped at 20 and came to the conclusion, "OH, way more than 100!"

no s*** sherlock... :rolleyes:

finally shook her off when i got to the counter. the tellers (most of them black women) were giving her funny looks.

note to self: either get meaner or keep my braids off my back so admirers can't readily grab...

I would have punched her. I am not saying that's right or you should have but I so would've knocked her lights out.
I am not violent but B**** don't touch me.

was she actually touching your hair? I would've grabbed her hair and starting counting her strands. Crazy only responds to crazy.

I think she was just admiring your your hair and just being curious...but she definitely needs to be schooled about personal space.

wow I been seeing alot of posts here from people saying someone touched their hair,snatched off wigs,etc.

:nono::nono::nono:

I will not let anyone touch me period, keep your hands to yourself if you don't want to get hurt
:rolleyes:

... WHO.DOES.THAT.??
count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

This guy would do it too, :lol:.

I think she was an admirer. But I like my personal space - especially at the bank. I know some folks are crazy. Rolling up on me at the bank probably would have caused a problem.
My kids really like their personal space too. When and adult tries to invade it - like to touch their hair or try to pinch their cheeks - they back away, and totally ignore the person. :sad: They don't give them any eye contact and they do not respond verbally.

For me, anyone who asks questions about my hair is ok - I agree with many posters in that I am pro education and if someone asks, I want to share and pass on knowledge like many of the wonderful people on this board do....

...when it comes to body contact, it depends on the context. I have hugged strangers who have done me a great kindness and they have hugged me if i was gracious to them, which was ok...

...HOWEVER, I think touching my hair or head without permission is a no-no. Someone's head or butt area are intimate areas, so unless the person is known or permitted to touch, they SHOULD NOT!

Maybe LHCF should make a video - we can hand it out on a little CDs to uninformed people as neeed - or we need to make up t-shirts - titled - "Neva touch a black woman's head!!!!!":lachen:

This is what I think. She sounds like she was harmless and wasn't trying to be malicious. Some people are just strange. People like this test my almost non-existent patience. When I can deflect/ignore them without hurting their feelings I'm always proud of myself.

I think she was just admiring your your hair and just being curious...but she definitely needs to be schooled about personal space.

I agree! Some people don't know about personal space..."back back, back back- gimme 50 ft", lol:spinning:

It's a compliment. Sounds like she thought your hair was pretty/cool looking. She just doesn't have a touching filter.

For me, anyone who asks questions about my hair is ok - I agree with many posters in that I am pro education and if someone asks, I want to share and pass on knowledge like many of the wonderful people on this board do....

...when it comes to body contact, it depends on the context. I have hugged strangers who have done me a great kindness and they have hugged me if i was gracious to them, which was ok...

...HOWEVER, I think touching my hair or head without permission is a no-no. Someone's head or butt area are intimate areas, so unless the person is known or permitted to touch, they SHOULD NOT!

Maybe LHCF should make a video - we can hand it out on a little CDs to uninformed people as neeed - or we need to make up t-shirts - titled - "Neva touch a black woman's head!!!!!":lachen:

Good ideal lol

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: wtf :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

This is what I think. She sounds like she was harmless and wasn't trying to be malicious. Some people are just strange. People like this test my almost non-existent patience. When I can deflect/ignore them without hurting their feelings I'm always proud of myself.

**I need to get like you**:yep:

you actually let her count up to 10 braids? why didn't you just tell her to STOP!...?

she was behind me and i didn't really see her coming. i'm also so used to people (um, usually friends though. not complete strangers) touch my braids so i didn't spazz out. but i was getting concerned when she didn't stop. i tried to step ahead but maybe if this happens again i'm going to have to be more violent and whip my hair around or something.

i know i have a tendency to snap... so i was trying to do the opposite. she was just a curious little old lady.

i guess i should be flattered that my braids are so fascinating. ;-)

Haha, I remember a few years ago my friend did the same thing in class, counted my braids, though she did ask permission first at least. I'd never thought to count my own braids or someone else's before that, so I can see why you think it's a bit of a funny thing to do :lol:

Back