"No, it's not a weave" T-shirt

LushLox

I remember seeing a girl with this statement emblazoned across her t-shirt. At the time it made me chuckle because I could sympathise with her frustration (her hair was mid back length).

Would you be bold enough to wear such a thing? I immediately thought I would do that too, but then I started thinking about the negative attention that I would get. :perplexed

I remember seeing a girl with this statement emblazoned across her t-shirt. At the time it made me chuckle because I could sympathise with her frustration (her hair was mid back length).

Would you be bold enough to wear such a thing? I immediately thought I would do that too, but then I started thinking about the negative attention that I would get. :perplexed

lol. maybe on special occasions.

i used to have a shirt(no, still do) that reads "If you're cute, I'm single." I have worn it on dates. :grin:

I would! Its a better 'message' than I've seen on some shirts. Sure people might hate but I'm sure they would have been hating on MBL hair anyway. Let the haters hate!:bud:

Personally, I find those type shirts conceited. The unmitigated gall of them to think I'm all up in their scalp! :lachen:

It's like when I see a "Hi Hater" shirt. I'm like "****, ain't nobody hatin'." :lol:

I prefer a more low key approach to scalp checks and assumptions that I'm bald.

I think with natural hair it might be pointless. :lol: But who knows, someone might surprise me and accuse me of having a weave.

I would wear it in private for my own personnal Lulz haha. but not in public! Unwanted attention and looking like i'm bragging or something:ohwell:

I wouldn't buy it but if someone gave it to me or if I got it for free.
I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

I'm Tacky like that!

I wouldn't, and I love T-Shirts with quirky messages. But that one sounds condescending. That same message can be conveyed in an uplifting and funny way.

I think with natural hair it might be pointless. :lol: But who knows, someone might surprise me and accuse me of having a weave.

It happens. I've been asked if I was wearing a fakey puff.
That was before I even knew there was such a thing!

I've seen some fly afro textured weaves e.g. Janet Jackson circa 1999, the Velvet Rope Album cover. Fly I tell ya!

I've seen some fly afro textured weaves e.g. Janet Jackson circa 1999, the Velvet Rope Album cover. Fly I tell ya!

I wish I knew of some! I would love to rock a good afro-textured weave. The ones I see either look like something someone dug out of drain or rubber bands glued together. But... um... that's what I get for looking for them in the local BSS's.

No. My hair isn't long or spectacular enough for people to think it's weave.

It happens. I've been asked if I was wearing a fakey puff.
That was before I even knew there was such a thing!

I own 2 fake puffs. OK I bought them to wear to a 70s party (afro puff style). But I'm thinking I may sport one as my own "wanna be natural" look.

I wish I knew of some! I would love to rock a good afro-textured weave. The ones I see either look like something someone dug out of drain or rubber bands glued together. But... um... that's what I get for looking for them in the local BSS's.

Oh girl yes! Come to the DC Metro. My BSS has a huge array of afro textured weaves. All curl patterns in the 3 range, and even straight up afros! Years ago I owned a 3c quick weave. I was trying to do the whole bantu knots in the front, curls in the back look. But I had no skills and I couldn't make it blend right. I threw it away after about 6 months of trying. I wish I still had it. I'd probably still be trying to rock that weave.

I found it, this is the look I was trying to rock. And this one is cheap and cute!
http://www.extremebeautysupply.com/servlet/the-329/synthetic-1-fdsh-2-wig-quick/Detail

Last edited:
I would. I had men checking my scalp all the time when I was relaxed, and I wasn't even shoulder-length sometimes. Healthy hair is shocking to some people.

:lachen:funny I thought of this the other day in jest during a youtube debacle over whether or not my hair was real...not sure if i would wear it in public,seems a lil' conceited,no? :look:

Conceited?

Let me hit BSL and i will not give a damn about who considers me conceited! :lol:

I'll flip that hair in your face in a second so you can get a better shot at my shirt!

I don't know. In some ways I'd think I'd wear it but in other ways it does sound a little conceited and would probably bring more unwanted attention to me.

I would. I know I still can't get over weave checking people even after all this time on LHCF, and past BSL I would expect to get weave checked myself. I think it's funny. You have to have a good sense of humor for stuff like that, plus I'm very sarcastic/cynical.

You know, way back in the late 80s/early 90s when weaves and braids got popular, I think I actually had a pin with that phrase. Random women on the subway would pull on my hair and ask how come it looked so real. :nono:

I would definately love to wear it. I would have to be bra strap length. Though when I was shoulder length people used to ask if I had a weave!

Back