No heat challenge for 6 weeks!!!!!

Trinity1

I am on a small challenge and I do mean small because I know that most of you ladies have already done this for quiet some time. I just gave myself a touch up about a week ago and I usually touch up every 6 weeks. At any rate I usually experiment with heat at least 2-3 time per relaxer cycle. This time I do not want to use any heat at all. I usually have alot of new growth by 3-4 weeks post relaxer. I'll be wearing braid outs. I'm currently using leave in conditioner and scurl to keep my hair soft and braid outs nice. Is there any other products that help keep the hair soft and make the braid out appear silkier and shinier when there is alot of new growth? I'm thinking Aloe Vera Jel. I dont know. Please advise ladies.

Thanks,
Tee

My last relaxer was August 30 and I dont plan on getting a relaxer until Christmas. What helped me alot was using coconut milk and lime juice as a deep conditioner. That has really helped my new growth calm down
clap.gif
. It really helped with my edges. You can not tell that I am six weeks into my relaxer. Also I have started using infusium conditioner. Not the leave in. That makes my new growth soft as well and I have also started washing my hair more frequently b/c if I dont I would not be able to comb my hair
swearing.gif
. So I hope this helped. Good luck and take it from me you'll be fine. At first I thought it would be hard but actually its easier then you would think.

Thank you diamondchair3. I will add your tips to some of my ideas. I really want to try the Aloe Vera. Somehow I think that would make my braid outs very silky.

Tee Tee

Thank you diamondchair3. I will add your tips to some of my ideas. I really want to try the Aloe Vera. Somehow I think that would make my braid outs very silky.

Tee Tee

I'm bumping this Ladies because I could really use some suggestions on the questions above if anyone has any.

Thanks,
Tee Tee

Back