No Heat Til September 2009 Challenge

What will you do to your hair to keep the heat off of it?

• Protective Styling

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Braids

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Wigs

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Weaves

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can i get in on this challenge i havent used heat since april except 3 times is it too late for me to join

I'm in! I'm transitioning again and was flat ironing every two weeks. I got caught in a rainstorm the beginning of June and decided heat just wasn't worth it after that lol. No point in fighting the curls! I've been doing daily co washes and might try a braid/twist out here and there.

hi everyone:user:. I am a little late joining this challenge offically. However I havent used heat on my hair since March. So I am joining this challenge as a late comer. Good luck ladies:spinning:

Welcome ladies. I've been tempted. My last relaxer didn't seem to take too well. My hair is doing weird things. But I've held off and stayed away from the flat iron. I want that swangalang sooooooooo badly though.

I can do this. I've been bunning and two strand twisting though.

I want in...I haven't used heat since my wedding on June 6th...so I don't plan to use my pass except in my friend's wedding next Saturday...and possibly when I get my relaxer on August 1st...but I may just let her set my hair! I am really trying to maximize my summer growth spurt...and not use heat! I usually use heat 1x/week when I wash...but I have been enjoying braidouts and rollersetting. I plan to keep it going.

I'd like to join this challenge. I haven't used heat since Oct. 2008 and it was a disaster. Can you say "heat damage!?!" I'm trying to see some serious growth this summer. I co-wash and twist every day. I plan to continue my current regimen throughout the summer. It would be nice to cheat and blow dry for my bday on August 1 -- we'll see.

I used heat yesterday and I tell you. . .the thickness is awesome. No heat has allowed my hair to get full of moisture and stay thick even after drying and flat ironing. imma have to make this silky feeling last as long as possible.

Used first pass today. Pressed my hair and for the first time ever used Heat protection. Me like. I know bad me but I didn't know until I found LHCF don't shoot. Anyway rocking half wig until wash day which is Sunday night so now I'm down to two passes. Again I can do this.:drunk::yep:

I would like to join plssss - no heat since um 3 weeks ago, and that was only to check length after a relaxer that i did 3 weeks prior.. Im rocking wigs and half wigs as protective stying options

It's Beautiful SuperNova! I just looked at it Your Other Thread. Thanks For Sharing. It came out wonderful.:yep:

What All Did you Use?

It's Beautiful SuperNova! I just looked at it Your Other Thread. Thanks For Sharing. It came out wonderful.:yep:

What All Did you Use?

I used Garnier Nutrisse color in light reddish brown a few weeks ago

I used the Dr. Miracles Super Relaxer. . .my hair is thin, but EXTREMELY resistant so I have to. I followed the relaxer with Dr. Miracles Deep Conditioner.

I used the relaxer potion on my scalp afterward and some chi silk infusion to blow dry. When I got ready to flat iron, I used this stuff that I have been in love with since at least 2000 called Perm Stress Relieve, it is made by Claudio St. James.

How is everyone doing without heat. . .it's been so humid here in NC this week I am dying for some straightening power, but i'll hold off. only a month to go and I have one more heat pass to use.

Doing just fine. When I can finally get the Paul Mitchell flat iron I want (Folica has been out of stock for a minute) I will use a heat pass then.

So far, I'm doing pretty good without heat. However, I did get tired of wet bunning everyday. This week I switched to flat twist under my full wig, a lot less manipulation.

I haven't used heat at all and it's going pretty good this Summer. Drying my Phony Bun using the Scarf Method to lay down my NG at 10 almost 11 weeks Post-Relaxer.:perplexed

Ok I think I failed this challenge for real. Pressed my hair twice and flatironed once along with one of the presses. So yeah there goes all of my passes maybe next time but I did make it past shoulder before Dec:grin: so :yay:.

Only a couple more days to go ladies. I used my final heat pass Monday. Who had their flat Iron plugged in a ready to go? Does anyone plan to continue with no heat?

I'm going to take a chance and join this No Heat challenge. Just this week I have decided to go on a Bun challenge as well. I feel like using heat has been causing my hair not to retain the amount of hair length that I would like to retain.

Back