Nick Styles a Weave on "What Not to Wear"

Isis

I watched today's episode of "What Not to Wear" (I tape it to watch later ;) ) and another black girl was on wearing a long weave, about BSL or so. She said she was so scared about what Nick might do to it. Interestingly, Nick told her because her hair had no shape, it looked like fake hair, like doll's hair. She said it was real Euro Locs hair and she wanted it long.

Nick wanted to cut her extensions so it can look more real. He said the rule is to have hair that looks good, not to just have long hair. He cut it about a 2-3 inches below her shoulders and styled it in a straight style with a side part. She seemed pretty happy with her new style.

I just wanted to share this since I don't recall ever seeing Nick style a weave. I only saw him remove a long one from a white girl once.

Isis said:
I watched today's episode of "What Not to Wear" (I tape it to watch later ;) ) and another black girl was on wearing a long weave, about BSL or so. She said she was so scared about what Nick might do to it. Interestingly, Nick told her because her hair had no shape, it looked like fake hair, like doll's hair. She said it was real Euro Locs hair and she wanted it long.

Nick wanted to cut her extensions so it can look more real. He said the rule is to have hair that looks good, not to just have long hair. He cut it about a 2-3 inches below her shoulders and styled it in a straight style with a side part. She seemed pretty happy with her new style.

I just wanted to share this since I don't recall ever seeing Nick style a weave. I only saw him remove a long one from a white girl once.

I've seen Nick remove weave from a black woman's hair on the show once and he styled her real hair.

caramelle said:
Did it look good after he did it in ur opinion? I really wished I saw the episode...
IMO, I thought it turned out beautifully. :) I was holding my breath a little because it looked like he was cutting off a lot, but the result looked very chic and stylish. It still looked long with the new length, just not as long as it was.

When she styled it by herself later, it looked like she curled it under a bit, bumped the ends with what looked like a curling iron.

shocol said:
I've seen Nick remove weave from a black woman's hair on the show once and he styled her real hair.
Really?! What did her real hair look like when he was done? And was she happy with it?

This woman I saw today probably just had her weave put in.

Back