Nicest SMELLING Glycerine Moisturizer!

KiSseS03

My hair loves some Sta-Sof Fro, but the scent, to me, is not the greatest. So I'd like to know what else is out there that works but smells pretty too. Or, if you have any suggestions on what I could add to SSF to make it smell purdy that would be nice as well. Thanks!

I have 100% glycerine that I picked up from one of the 'round the way beauty supply stores. It has no smell, moisturizes good, and has the consistency of Karo syrup...I believe you should get the same results, I mean it's all the same right? HTH, I don't believe I have seen/tried Sta Sof Fro...:)

If you want a glycerine based moisturizer that is ready made I suggest S-curl. If I recall it had no or a very slight smell. However as kimmy mentioned you can mix glycerine with water and get the same results. That's what I do....1 part glycerine to 3 parts water.

Hmm... I never thought of buying glycerince on its own, that's a really good idea!

What about Oyin's Greg Juice... how does that smell?

KiSseS03 said:
Hmm... I never thought of buying glycerince on its own, that's a really good idea!

What about Oyin's Greg Juice... how does that smell?

Oyin Lover popping in like someone called out my name! lol
Greg Juice does not smell bad at all. You can smell a lot of the EO in it.

Edited to add Ingredients: Purified water infused w/horestail, lavender, nettle, roses, chamomile, organic flaxseeds, aloe vera juice, vegetable glycerine, essences of lavender, sweet orange, rosemary, ylang ylang, grapefruit seed extract, citric acid, and love!

Last edited:
My hair loves some Sta-Sof Fro, but the scent, to me, is not the greatest. So I'd like to know what else is out there that works but smells pretty too. Or, if you have any suggestions on what I could add to SSF to make it smell purdy that would be nice as well. Thanks!

I would like to try glycerine, but I can't take the Sta Sof Fro smell either. Where do you get glycerine - bss, grocery store, pharmacy??

yall can easily make your own glycerin spray.

take your glycerin, water and buy some essential oils that smell sessy; like ylang-ylang, sandlewood, frankincense, pachouli, peppermint, myrrh, any lemon/lime/orange, lavender.......

Feel free to add a bit of your favorite conditioner to it for added moisture properties.

the options are only limited by your own imagination.

Trust me, you will never EVA want to purchase another commercially prepared product again!

yall can easily make your own glycerin spray.

take your glycerin, water and buy some essential oils that smell sessy; like ylang-ylang, sandlewood, frankincense, pachouli, peppermint, myrrh, any lemon/lime/orange, lavender.......

Feel free to add a bit of your favorite conditioner to it for added moisture properties.

the options are only limited by your own imagination.

Trust me, you will never EVA want to purchase another commercially prepared product again!
This is what I do also. I like making my own with equal parts glycerin and water, then add lavender or other eo.hth

Back