nice hair school exp/ mini album update

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
I happened upon a very nice student at the hair school. When i first walked in the instructor at the desk said ooh you have hair just like me and reached out for one of my twists. uhhhhh ok. I washed and detangled at home cause they weren't about to rip through my hair i twisted just to keep it from tangling. They checked my scalp for flakes and it was fine otherwise they would insist on washing my hair before my service. The student walked up introduced herself and walked me to her station. Right away she began small talk and made me feel right at home. I explained that I wanted my rows off center and comming into a ponytail nothing fancy. She said she understood and started to untwist and comb out my hair with a large tooth come from the tips and then from the root holding on to my hair and being quite gentle. I told her from the get go I was trying to conserve my edges and not to make the rows tight. She got on bald edges which led me to Brandy and she was cracking up,We got on celebrity hair and I called out all the lace wig wearers everyone was laughing although trying to act like they weren't listening. I took note of the time she started to actually braid 10.56am. She asked how long I had been natural and i told her my last perm was jan 03 and that I cut it off jan 04. they were all suprised. She asked was I using some sort of growth stimulator. I replied no but that opened the door to me explaining that I was on a quest to grow my hair long thought it couldnt grow joined an internet group etc and explained our methods. To my suprise she did not find it odd at all and she said that she had actually started to figure it out as we had (moisture, detangling gently, less heat, stretching relaxers). I thought I have found the one. Well long story short I will be comming back to her, she doesn't graduate until May. I would actually rather have her do my hair at her or my home because she was so friendly and her ideals were so similar to ours that i would rather her get the money than the school. Plus she is a single mother of 4 in school full time. It took her exactly one hour to finish /images/graemlins/dance7.gif
I have added pics of my rollerset b4 I put it to rest and my new cornrows. I will be trying to keep these in until my birthday when I will try to resist the urge to press. My plan is to wash the cornrows and take them down 1x1 and use her parts since mine are not so great. I will visit her when I get some cash flowing. The style was $20 and I was so impressed I gave her a $10 tip I felt it was money and time well spent. My only concern is that even though she tried to braid loose i had to redo the braids especially around my hairline. Otherwise I am satisfied. see the pics album in my siggy /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Thanks guys. She was so open to everything I said. I even told her about surging her edges LOL she was really glad to hear about that even thought her edges were not in trouble she mentioned that she didnt want to loose them. I have to make a checklist before she is officially certified as a LHCF stylist. /images/graemlins/party.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

/images/graemlins/clap.gif Finally finding a stylist who does a great job and you can trust is fantastic. Hair buddy you are looking so pretty- love the newest roller set and the cornrows are simply elegant.

Did you ever get some shea butter? Let me know what you think of it when you get some.

TOOO CUTE, girlfriend, if I were you I would put that stylist on speed dial!!! I like the second bun better. Good Job!!

hey buddydiva i am waiting on some shea butter but i am confused is green sheabutter fakE? is it supposed to look yellowish? i'm scared to invest insome that isnt real unrefined.

hey buddyglorious i made sure to get her card, yes i am sticking with the smaller twistbun thingy

Hmm I'm confused with the green shea- a friend recently got some and said she didn't care for the smell of it. I haven't ever seen the green type so I'm not sure what the difference is with the various unrefined shea butters.

She did a really nice job on the cornrows. I wish I weren't working in a corporate environment so I could rock some cornrows too.

bring you rows to work, well after you are in really good LOL

alliyah love your brown cornrows

ms jennifer your new avatar is beautiful

your hair looks beautiful......matter of fact, you look good in all of the different hairstyles..... /images/graemlins/up.gif

I love this new style. It's so neat and pretty. I think you'll get alot of growth with these braids, so I hope it lasts until December.

thanks kenesha
sherrylove you are too kind a couple of people have asked who those people were in the pics LOL
kitchen i like the style too but i have had to rebraid about 5 that tightness sneaks up on you I hope i get lots of growth because my first goal on my timeline is 2/2005 crossing my fingers

Back