Looking for Users of Nexxus Therappe Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo

For those ladies who said they experienced dryness from Therappe, what kind of conditioner are you using afterwards? Are you using Humectress? I wonder if they're designed to be used together and that could be the reason for the dryness? :scratchch I always use them both. If I'm DCing I mix the Humectress with my ORS Pak.

bmoreflyygirl said:
For those ladies who said they experienced dryness from Therappe, what kind of conditioner are you using afterwards? Are you using Humectress? I wonder if they're designed to be used together and that could be the reason for the dryness? :scratchch I always use them both. If I'm DCing I mix the Humectress with my ORS Pak.

For me, it really didn't matter what conditioner I used, the Therappe made my hair feel hard and dry before I even got to conditioning. I did try it with Humectress a few times, but I always had to use more conditioner when I used this shampoo to get my hair back to it's normal softness.

I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin Extreme Moisture poo...similiar but I like it more than Therappe. I follow up with NPO Humectin Extreme Moisture Conditioner.

Chayil

bmoreflyygirl said:

I used it with Humectress the times I used it, and I wasn't impressed with the Humectress either.:ohwell: It was too runny. :perplexed Then don't let me even get on the Headdress- I put some in my daughter's hair and had to wash it out like it was clarifying shampoo or something. I had to check to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly put the Therappee in her hair. Sure enough it was the headdress :look: Maybe I got bad bottles? But I won't be buying it again to see. :nono:

I blame it most on the going mass retail-- thats when lots of Nexxus fans 'round here jumped off the boat.:lol: Maybe I should have tried it before the switch. It was Shamboosie's ramblings that made me have to try it out. :lol: Now, I only use the remaining Therapee now to clarify my kids' hair after they come out of the sandbox from dumping sand on each other's heads. Or I use it to clean my hair untensils. Thats how icky I feel about it. :lol: I'm relaxed and color treated so I really need a shampoo to be supermoisturizing, and that one wasn't it.:lol:

But now, I did like the Botonoil shampoo. Love the smell! :love: But overall, I think I had better success with Kera Care, Elucence, and Kenra.

Sistaslick said:
I used it with Humectress the times I used it, and I wasn't impressed with the Humectress either.:ohwell: It was too runny. :perplexed Then don't let me even get on the Headdress- I put some in my daughter's hair and had to wash it out like it was clarifying shampoo or something. I had to check to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly put the Therappee in her hair. Sure enough it was the headdress :look: Maybe I got bad bottles? But I won't be buying it again to see. :nono:

I blame it most on the going mass retail-- thats when lots of Nexxus fans 'round here jumped off the boat.:lol: Maybe I should have tried it before the switch. It was Shamboosie's ramblings that made me have to try it out. :lol: Now, I only use the remaining Therapee now to clarify my kids' hair after they come out of the sandbox from dumping sand on each other's heads. Or I use it to clean my hair untensils. Thats how icky I feel about it. :lol: I'm relaxed and color treated so I really need a shampoo to be supermoisturizing, and that one wasn't it.:lol:

But now, I did like the Botonoil shampoo. Love the smell! :love: But overall, I think I had better success with Kera Care, Elucence, and Kenra.

I started using Humectress and Botanoil back in 03 after reading Shamboosie's book too. My friend in college raved about the Therrappe, so I gave it a try and liked it. Yeah, I haven't tried the new formula yet. I had two of the big salon size bottles in my shower since 2005. I'm just getting to the end of them. I'm thinking about trying their Organic line next though.

I didn't care for KeraCare products too much. My old hairdresser used them on our hair in the salon and also gave us free samples for at home. They were blah to me. And I hated that blue shampoo! :mad: I think it was the dry itchy scalp one but it burned my skin. :perplexed

Adrian said:
I purchased the Phyto Organics Theratin a couple of weeks ago and I got the same results. It may work better for you though.

darn it..oh well, back to square one

bmoreflyygirl said:

I wash with the Therappe, then condition with either the Keraphix or the Hummectress then use the Headress for my leave-in.

p31woman said:
I wash with the Therappe, then condition with either the Keraphix or the Hummectress then use the Headress for my leave-in.

Ladies,
Thank you for all your comments.

Last night 01/31/07, I used the Therappe and I was IMPRESSED! :up:
I was so surprised how moisturized my hair felt and the smell was quite nice! It's a keeper for me.

My hair was shedding like mad :eek: so I decided to use some Keraphix to see if it would help.
So hey, I remembered :think: that I had the Therappe and decided to make it a "Nexxus Night."

1. I prepooed with my beloved Amla oil for an hour with heating cap
  2. Shampooed with the Nexxus Therappe.
  3. Rinsed, then applied Nexxus Keraphix for 45 minutes with heating cap
  4. Rinsed, then applied Nexxus Humectress for 30 minutes without heat.
  5. Rinsed, airdry to damp and applied more Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in.
Results: Only 2 hairs shed this morning when doing my hair! (compared to a handful)
WOO HOO!:woot: AND my hair was lush and wonderfully conditioned. Thanks NEXXUS (and of course the wonderful ladies of LHCF!)

january noir said:
Ladies,
Thank you for all your comments.

Last night 01/31/07, I used the Therappe and I was IMPRESSED! :up:
I was so surprised how moisturized my hair felt and the smell was quite nice! It's a keeper for me.

My hair was shedding like mad :eek: so I decided to use some Keraphix to see if it would help.
So hey, I remembered :think: that I had the Therappe and decided to make it a "Nexxus Night."

1. I prepooed with my beloved Amla oil for an hour with heating cap
  2. Shampooed with the Nexxus Therappe.
  3. Rinsed, then applied Nexxus Keraphix for 45 minutes with heating cap
  4. Rinsed, then applied Nexxus Humectress for 30 minutes without heat.
  5. Rinsed, airdry to damp and applied more Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in.
Results: Only 2 hairs shed this morning when doing my hair! (compared to a handful)
WOO HOO!:woot: AND my hair was lush and wonderfully conditioned. Thanks NEXXUS (and of course the wonderful ladies of LHCF!)

Glad to hear you had a good experience. I like to mix Humectress & Keraphix together and DC. My hair ALWAYS comes out strong & soft after this mix. :up:

Divine Inspiration said:
Glad to hear you had a good experience. I like to mix Humectress & Keraphix together and DC. My hair ALWAYS comes out strong & soft after this mix. :up:

Hi Divine Inspiration (love your hair) - I haven't mixed the two but if I am ever pressed for time I will.

Back to the Therappe. I really like it and I was surprised how silky it made my hair after the comments I received. I expected it to be not-so-nice, but the product worked beautifully! I can see why Nexxus calls it "Luxury" Shampoo! :)

I love Nexxus, and Therappe is my staple shampoo. Now when I started growwing my hair back out, I just cut all the dye out, but my ends were still looking dry and crunchy. After the third shampoo w/Therappe it was very moisturized from root to tip and my ends finally started airdrying straight, that's when I was sold and hooked on Nexxus!

I've used Nexxus Therappe for over 5 years now and I love it. I've used when I was relaxed and also now that I'm natural. I have very dry hair and this shampoo does the trick. I recommend it!

Back