Nexxus Knockoffs for Less

Lorraine

What do you think about the product line, Generic? It's sold at Sally's Beauty Suppy and is a knock off of Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Biolage and many others. I have been using their Nexxus Humectress "imitation" for some time and like the results. In fact, I stopped using Nexxus because Generic left my hair softer during my wash and go.

At $3.99 a bottle vs $17 I wonder what's the deal?
confused06.gif

the 'salon' products may use a higher grade raw material in their ingredients than 'store-bought' products. be careful.

I used some of their infusium knockoff. Never again. The salon products don't just cost more because of the ingredients. there's a reason and there are different ways of processing the ingredients together.
Like I can't see too many people trying to knock off Yuko Systems special water that they use in their thermal styling process. They have processed the water so that some of the ingredients from their hair conditioners are bonded to the water molecules. So a generic product can say they have all the same ingredients but they won't tell you that the ingredients are not bonded together the same.

Are the ingredients same? If there isn't too much of a similarity than I would say, stay with what makes your hair feel good. I'm also using a cheap daily conditioner (V05 protein conditioners such as"Strawberries & Cream" - my favorite)for my conditioner washes and I have not found anything better for my hair yet, and believe me I have searched high and low for different items that would do something better and have still come up empty handed no matter how much I pay. So I say stay! Or look into condtioner washes because I no longer recommend shampoos anymore to anyone...not even my friends
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cinnabuns said:
Are the ingredients same? If there isn't too much of a similarity than I would say, stay with what makes your hair feel good. I'm also using a cheap daily conditioner (V05 protein conditioners such as"Strawberries & Cream" - my favorite)for my conditioner washes and I have not found anything better for my hair yet, and believe me I have searched high and low for different items that would do something better and have still come up empty handed no matter how much I pay. So I say stay! Or look into condtioner washes because I no longer recommend shampoos anymore to anyone...not even my friends
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are. GENERIC lists all the products side by side with the Nexxus products. The only thing I could think of is they may be leaving off an ingredient in the Nexxus product so that the consumer thinks they are the same. But you are right, it does make my hair feel better. I was just wondering if I would pay later. There's always a scam and you never get something for nothing, unfortunately.

In the thread someone( sorry I forget) just posted titled Hair Growth Info or something, the site talks about generic vs salon products...AS ladylibra and Ann said, they may have all the same ingredients, but the percentages and quality as well as bonding process may be TOTALLY different...check out the link in the thread!HTH...Also, I use the knock off humectress only for a CO wash and it does a so so job

Back