Nexus Humectress Conditioner....

fancypants007

I tried it for the first time this weekend and I think my hair loves it! I've heard alot of good things about it but I always used the generic brand from Sally's and I was not impressed. Well I went to Walmart and purchased a big container (did not have a smaller size). I put on my hair throughly, combed it through and then put on a plastic cap for 60 minutes. I noticed a difference in my hair that got my attention. Has anyone else had good results with this conditioner? Is it OK to use it every wash day? I'm going to try to wash my hair every 3 days and I was just wondering would it be OK if I used this as my regular conditioner, and used henna treatments for strength. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I was going to start a thread about this. I am in need of a good protein conditioner. I have a reconstructor which I love but it is not strong enough. I also used Aphogee but that was too strong for my fine hair. I have heard good things about Humectress but did not want to pay the money for it. My hair is gettin mad at me right now so I think I might go pick up a bottle.

More reviews on this conditioner willl be great!!!!

bablou00 said:
I was going to start a thread about this. I am in need of a good protein conditioner. I have a reconstructor which I love but it is not strong enough. I also used Aphogee but that was too strong for my fine hair. I have heard good things about Humectress but did not want to pay the money for it. My hair is gettin mad at me right now so I think I might go pick up a bottle.

I forgot to mention that another thing I noticed was my new growth is much softer. I was planning to do a touch-up this weekend because my ng is so hard to deal with it. Now I may stretch until the end of November. I think Humectress is more of a moisturising conditioner than a protein conditioner which is what I was looking for. I really saturated my hair with it and then just massaged it through my hair very gently after combing it through. I'm hoping this will work for me because I will use it all the time. Maybe once a month I will add 1T of D&L Intense Protein to the mix to give my hair more protection. I know this is the conditioner that Isis uses and I wanted to try it to see if my hair would benefit, and it seemingly appears to be responding.

bablou00 said:

I used Nexxus Keraphix for the 1st time last night and my hair is loving it!! I left it one for about an 1 1/2 hours and rinsed it out. Its a light protien conditioner. Excellent for my fine hair :)

amina kamal said:
Do Nexus humectress and Keraphix have any bad ingredients in it? IE Mineral oil?

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour Lipids (Triticum Vulgare), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Soybean Sterol (Glycine Soja), Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Penoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200)

Unfortunately it does have mineral oil. I use one other product that has mineral oil and my hair is thriving from it. I just want to find one product that is going to work with my hair in keeping it moisturised, not greasy and so far it seems like it is working for me. I will try it again this week to see the results and I will post the outcome.

Thanks for posting the ingredients, I use Keracare Humecto right now until my 5 lb tub runs out. I like how it detangles my hair but I think I will be moving away from products with mineral oil and parabens after my Keracare products are finished.

Thanks! I dont know why I always thought it was a protein conditoner. I have heard such good things about it. I guess I get everything all mixed up when it comes to moisturizing and protein. I think my hair has too much moisture and is need of some protein. But I still am going to try the humectress =)

I've only tried the generic brand from sally's. I like it but I'm not so impressed.
So you're saying you received better results from the actual brand? Maybe I'll try it once I run out of what I have now. The only problem is I really wanted to try and stick to one brand and use the entire line in 2007 and I'm really liking keracare humecto.

Nexxus Humectress is my number one never fail moisturizing conditioner. I use it at 85% of my washes and my hair has never been healthier.

Nexxus Keraphix is a wonderful light protein conditioner. I use it whenever my hair seems to need a little extra strength, or about 3 times a month.

I love Nexxus products.I use the Humectress usually after I do heavy protein treatments (I use Emergencee) and I use Keraphix as alight protein pre-poo treatment.

I have been using humectress for years. I find it to be an excellent moisturizing cond. I use it also as a daily hairdressing on my ends. I wouldn't consider it a protein conditioner. If you're looking for a light weekly protein conditioner I would suggest keraphix. I've also mixed keraphix, humectress and redken heavy cream together and use as my weekly deep cond under the dryer for 30 min. You will love the results.

ak46 said:
I've only tried the generic brand from sally's. I like it but I'm not so impressed.
So you're saying you received better results from the actual brand? Maybe I'll try it once I run out of what I have now. The only problem is I really wanted to try and stick to one brand and use the entire line in 2007 and I'm really liking keracare humecto.

I recently finished the generic stuff and got a small Humectress to try it out. I must say that there is A BIG DIFFERENCE! The real stuff is much better! I know it's supposed to be the same, but it's not--not at all. I finished the small tube after 2 or 3 washes and bought a large bottle today.

I've been using Nexxus Humectress (and other Nexxus products, like Keraphix) for a long time now. I deep condition with Humectress twice each week after washing. :)

Last edited:
I love this conditioner - I used it earlier in the year and it worked great in my hair. When it finished I never bothered to buy it back :(. When I finish the products I have I WILL buy the entire line- it's GREAT!!!! (It leaves the hair very moisturized and you can use humectress as a daily moisturizer and finish it off w/ a little WGO). HTH

Last edited:
I loooove this conditioner. I use it every wash day (2x per week), and keep it in with a plastic cap for about an hour. I also use the Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Emergencee (about every 2 weeks). Nexxus rocks!! :bouncegre

I saw this (Humectress & Keraphix) at the grocery store around my area yesterday. I was tempted to buy it since the store was going out of business. It is now 40% off and they have quite a few bottles left. :perplexed I dunno if I should or not since I have stuff that works well for me (my internal pj is acting up)

I'm planning on trying Nexxus Humectress and Nexxus Therappe soon. Since my regular shampoo has been reformulated, I wanted to try Therappe because I've heard such good things about it. I might as well try Humectress with it. I used it a few times as a kid but I don't remember what I thought of it. So now as an adult, I will give it a try. It is encouraging to hear that so many swear by Nexxus.

Yes Humectress is a very good DC.
@ Fancypants007 try using as a moisturizing DC after your next hennah treatment, I loved my results when I did that.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Yes Humectress is a very good DC.
@ Fancypants007 try using as a moisturizing DC after your next hennah treatment, I loved my results when I did that.

I'm planning on doing a henna treatment this weekend and I will certainly follow your advice and use the humectress as a deep conditioner afterwards. It's so funny because after i finish washing the humectress out of my hair last week, i visualized it talking to me saying..... so what do you think, am I all that i make out to be.... and i just ignored these thoughts. Anyhow, i must say i am very impressed. I want to stick with one deep conditioner and I may have found the one that i will stick with. Since so many have said they use it as their weekly conditioner and some using it twice a week, I think I will try to see how it works for me. Thanks Isis because i was following your lead regarding this conditioner.

I also use Nexxus Humectress (Therape and Emergencee too). I tried it for the first time last night as a leave in since my hair has been soooo dry lately. I love it!! I put it on my hair and then put some sweet almond oil on my ends and baggied. My hair loves this stuff! :love: All the other leave ins I have tried have done nothing for my hair. I will defintely be using this every day from now on. It feels so good when you actually find products that work for you.

fancypants007 said:
I'm planning on doing a henna treatment this weekend and I will certainly follow your advice and use the humectress as a deep conditioner afterwards. It's so funny because after i finish washing the humectress out of my hair last week, i visualized it talking to me saying..... so what do you think, am I all that i make out to be.... and i just ignored these thoughts. Anyhow, i must say i am very impressed. I want to stick with one deep conditioner and I may have found the one that i will stick with. Since so many have said they use it as their weekly conditioner and some using it twice a week, I think I will try to see how it works for me. Thanks Isis because i was following your lead regarding this conditioner.
You're welcome Fancypants! ;)

natstar said:
I saw this (Humectress & Keraphix) at the grocery store around my area yesterday. I was tempted to buy it since the store was going out of business. It is now 40% off and they have quite a few bottles left. :perplexed I dunno if I should or not since I have stuff that works well for me (my internal pj is acting up)

BUY THEM ALL AND SHIP THEM TO ME!!!

I returned to Nexxus a couple of weeks ago and I don't know why in the world I ever stopped using their products. Humectress has always been the best leave-in moisturizer for me.

I received the samples in the mail about a week ago, and I don't think I can make myself use it. Why? The smell reminds me of the one medication that I have taken that I was horribly allergic to...Ahhh!!!:perplexed

Back