Nexus Humectress Conditioner....

LOVE Humectress. I can't say it enough. My stylist recommends it for my "Poo" strands (that's what he calls my hair :lol: ).

I posted my love for Humectress on another thread. When my new growth makes me look like Buckwheat, I wash my hair with Humectress and my hair looks like I just had a touch-up! It only lasts for 2-3 days and then I have to do it again though. I am going on 10 weeks post relaxer.

I also just started using Amla Oil as a prewash and/or overnight as well and I swear my hair looked like a Pantene commercial this past weekend.

TWO THUMBS UP! Thank you NEXUS! Thank you Danny! (my stylist) and Thank you Ladies of the LHCF!

I love everything in the Nexxus line (Humetress included). For a couple years my hair was so damaged and broken off, Nexxus was what saved it and brought it back. Their products are off the chain and will always be a staple of mine! :)

I also use Keraphix. I only need to leave it on for about 15 mins before my hair gets hard. As far as Humectress, I like it, but I don't love it. Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner & Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner worked better for me. I'll have to try out Humectress a few more times for a better conclusion. HHG :)

How do you use Humectress as a leave-in? Do you mix it with water before applying?

I tried it once (undiluted), and it left my hair super crunchy and hard.

sarel said:
How do you use Humectress as a leave-in? Do you mix it with water before applying?

Sounds like you are putting too much on.

After wash/poo and blotting hair, I put a dime or quarter size amount in my hand and smooth through. You can put some in a spray bottle with water and spritz it on your hair as well. Try that and see...

january noir said:
LOVE Humectress. I can't say it enough. My stylist recommends it for my "Poo" strands (that's what he calls my hair :lol: ).

I posted my love for Humectress on another thread. When my new growth makes me look like Buckwheat, I wash my hair with Humectress and my hair looks like I just had a touch-up! It only lasts for 2-3 days and then I have to do it again though. I am going on 10 weeks post relaxer.

I also just started using Amla Oil as a prewash and/or overnight as well and I swear my hair looked like a Pantene commercial this past weekend.

TWO THUMBS UP! Thank you NEXUS! Thank you Danny! (my stylist) and Thank you Ladies of the LHCF!

My hair is so soft and moisturised since using this conditioner. How long have you been using amla oil? How much amla oil do you use?

fancypants007 said:
My hair is so soft and moisturised since using this conditioner. How long have you been using amla oil? How much amla oil do you use?
I started using the amla oil last week. I have used it twice so far and I LOVE IT! Some people complain about the smell. It does have a odor but it is not unpleasant to me. Both experiences have been wonderful.

I use Aloe Rid, Therappe, Humectress, Keraphix, and Emergencee. I also use Headdress at times but I need to add oil to it because it can make my hair look dull. I absolutely love all of the others though...especially Aloe Rid and Humectress. I have never tried it as a leave in...I will be sure to try this soon....

sarel said:

On the back of the Humectress (I have an older liter bottle) it says:

"For use as a leave in conditioner, massage a small amount into damp or dry hair".

For all the years I've used Humectress, I've never tried using it as a leave-in on my wet hair, I just used Headdress. I didn't know what a leave-in conditioner was until LHCF. However, I learned a couple of years ago that if my hair is feeling a little dry, to squeeze out a little bit of Humectress, like 1/2 a dime size for each side of my dry hair and work it through with my fingers. It works almost immediately leaving my hair very soft. I agree with January noir that you may have used too much of it and it does have a little protein (not a lot).

Hmmmm - I might have to crack open that sample bottle I have this weekend - I went through a whole bottle of the generic stuff from Sallys - and it was aiight - but I noticed that their ingredient list was from 1995!!!! So who KNOWS how many formula changes have gone into the real thing since then......
If it rocks the way ya'll saying it does, I might have found something that I can use instead of the Oyin HoneyHemp condtioner - I wonder which is cheaper?

fancypants007 said:
I use up to 5-6 capfuls (or more). I part my hair in sections with my fingers and apply directly to the scalp. Then I work through over the entire scalp gently massaging. Then I apply to the rest of my hiar so that everything is coated well. I cover with two shower caps to trap in the heat and VIOLA! Off to nighty-night land! Next day, I rinse out and then proceed with either a co wash (with Humectress) or poo (with Creme of Nature), depending on what my hair needs. Try it. Let me know what you think. I LOVE IT!

If your hair is more moisturized then you care for, lightly poo with a clarifier, like Nexus Aloe Rid or other gentle shampoo. But Heck, I have never had too much moisture! LOL!

It's a thicker oil so it doesn't drip as much but still be careful. Do it over the sink.

I just realized today that my hair does not like Humectress when I'm more than 6 weeks past relaxer. My hair was a tangled mess today. That usually doesnt happen to me.

I really like Nexxus Therrappe (my fave shampoo), Keraphix, and Emergencee. I don't know why I've never tried Humectress. Once I run out of NTM Daily Deep Con, I'm going to give Humectress a try.

Back