newly joined intro

newflowers

Hi -

I've been lurking for a few weeks and have joined the discussion - and the C&G Challenge. I never thought reading about other's hair could be so interesting - who knew. I quite enjoy the reading and it is only a return to grad school that is preventing me from becoming the biggest product junkie of all time. Though I've ordered a couple and plan a few more, I'm planning to (try) to stick to my staples - I'm a Phyto girl from way back when and I recently began using the Aminogenesis hair therapy as a protein treatment before washing and conditioning the braids.

After a diastrous relaxer in December 06, I chopped what was left leaving about 3-4 inches and began braiding using the C&G method. While I have no particular schedule, I have two inches of new growth and am working toward mid-back length. I take my multi vitamins, flaxseed, biotin, and a vegetable protein drink daily, I would like to add a few of the supplements I've read about here. Though I had initially planned to stay braided until April, I've joined the C&G Challenge and will try for September. I would like to learn to braid my own hair - does anyone do that - but am not sure if I could withstand the learning process.

I am very pleased to be here and thank so many of your for the inspiration and hope you've given me over the last couple of weeks.

newflowers said:
Hi -

I've been lurking for a few weeks and have joined the discussion - and the C&G Challenge. I never thought reading about other's hair could be so interesting - who knew. I quite enjoy the reading and it is only a return to grad school that is preventing me from becoming the biggest product junkie of all time. Though I've ordered a couple and plan a few more, I'm planning to (try) to stick to my staples - I'm a Phyto girl from way back when and I recently began using the Aminogenesis hair therapy as a protein treatment before washing and conditioning the braids.

After a diastrous relaxer in December 06, I chopped what was left leaving about 3-4 inches and began braiding using the C&G method. While I have no particular schedule, I have two inches of new growth and am working toward mid-back length. I take my multi vitamins, flaxseed, biotin, and a vegetable protein drink daily, I would like to add a few of the supplements I've read about here. Though I had initially planned to stay braided until April, I've joined the C&G Challenge and will try for September. I would like to learn to braid my own hair - does anyone do that - but am not sure if I could withstand the learning process.

I am very pleased to be here and thank so many of your for the inspiration and hope you've given me over the last couple of weeks.

Welcome aboard! You report good growth, keep up your methods. My braiding, alas is simply for overnight not for show so just be patient, self braiders are going to help you.
Once again, welcome aboard LHCF.

NibblesPiecesofmeWelcome.gif

Back