Newbie ready to just say F@#$ it.

Ok ladies. I am working on a new regimen. Right now I am reading the back of my labels so I can see which one has protein in it. :yep: If this doesn't work I will bald and shopping for a wig.

bludaydreamer I tried wearing a du-rag under my ACH. I was told it was not authorized. I do not know how to braid and none of the ladies that deployed with me either. Also, I thought that braids on relax hair was too much stress on the hair. Shows what I know. But anywho, braids may not be an option for me as I do not have a means do keep up with it.

You are doing way too much and you are using too many different products. First start with a simple regimen and then add extra steps as the become necessary. Start with the basics and build from there. Stop the henna and all the extras until you get rid of the dryness.

1. Wash with 1 moisturizing shampoo(one that cleans without stripping)
2. Condition with a moisturizing conditioner (one that leaves your hair soft, pliable and easy to detangle)
3. use a moisturizing leave- in
4. seal with an oil or butter if it is necessary for your hair (not everyone seals or needs to)
5. style
6. don't manipulate your hair too often
7. be honest with yourself are these products working for you? do they give you the results that want? if not, stop using them

this^^^^^^

good luck to you! and be safe in afghanistan!

Hi Tasha,

It sounds like your doing a terrific job with caring for your hair. The only thing I didn't read from your regimine is how often you trim or dust your hair? Especially if you relax, I think you may need to keep up with trimming or dusting your ends. Even thoug I'm natural now, I still trim a half inch off every four months..it's helped my ends quite a bit.

Hi GIJane. Since you bun everyday, that may be a good opportunity to baggy while you bun. I used to wrap by moistened bun with a dark plastic bag then use a bun cover (sold at the beauty store for .99 cents). This may help keep that moisture in when you're out in the sun all day.

OP, I agree with NappyNelle; simplify your regi for better results. I was all over the place with my regi when I first started. I swear it was like a 15 step process. Less is more in a lot of cases.

Hi GIJane. Since you bun everyday, that may be a good opportunity to baggy while you bun. I used to wrap by moistened bun with a dark plastic bag then use a bun cover (sold at the beauty store for .99 cents). This may help keep that moisture in when you're out in the sun all day.

Yesterday I baggy while bunning with a phony bun. I am currently revamping my regime. Here is my intentions:

1. Co-wash with Garnier melting moisture works. I love the way my organixs BKT feels on my hair but it has protein.
2. Steam with my DPR-11. This does not have protein.
3. ACV (2 tsp) rinse with black tea (8 oz) and warm water (8 oz)
4. Moisturize w/ Marigold Rehydrant leave in and Ojon moisturizing hair masque (no protein)
5. Seal with shea butter and grapeseed oil mixture.
6. Then bun hair

I will try not to manipulate my hair a lot. Use my hands to smooth away the fly aways with water and shea butter.

I also will keep baggying my head twice a week. I will wait until November to do my henna gloss. :drunk:

GIJane I also have dry ends. The only time my ends are healthy and not crying for moisture is when I baggy on a regular basis. All you have to do is sleep with a shower cap after you moisturize.

Oh I see you are starting to baggy. I'd only suggest you start out with more than twice a week until you feel like your ends are OK. It should only take two or three weeks to get to that point if you are using good products.

Yesterday I baggy while bunning with a phony bun. I am currently revamping my regime. Here is my intentions:

1. Co-wash with Garnier melting moisture works. I love the way my organixs BKT feels on my hair but it has protein.
2. Steam with my DPR-11. This does not have protein.
3. ACV (2 tsp) rinse with black tea (8 oz) and warm water (8 oz)
4. Moisturize w/ Marigold Rehydrant leave in and Ojon moisturizing hair masque (no protein)
5. Seal with shea butter and grapeseed oil mixture.
6. Then bun hair

I will try not to manipulate my hair a lot. Use my hands to smooth away the fly aways with water and shea butter.

I also will keep baggying my head twice a week. I will wait until November to do my henna gloss. :drunk:

Here's an update ladies. I baggied my entire head that exact same night. Kept my hair in a bun and my fingers out. When my phony bun got here on the 19th and wet my ends, sealed with shea butter then baggy the ends and put the phony on. I did that every night until wash day. Lastnight. I detangled my hair and decided to just co-wash. I used Ojon 2 min revitalizing mask. I added a tsp of salt and I left it in my hair for about 2 hrs. I rinsed and then I put a dime size of shea moisture deep treatment concentrating on my ends. I placed my hair in a bun and tied it down. No baggy. When I woke up my hair was unusually soft and still moisturized not wet but moisturized. My ends did not look frazzled. It has been 26 hrs since I rinsed out the conditioner and my ends are still soft and moist. :yay: My hair never felt like this. Huge difference. :lick: Thanks so much on the advice. K.I.S.S. :bighug:

@GIJane Again, thank you so much for your Service.:kiss:

I agree: I would limit the use of the Brazilian Keratin Co-wash or at least rotate it with something moisturizing. I wouldn't use that & DPR-11 the same wash day. I would definitely alternate.:yep:

And I would also look for a nice hair lotion, a butter and also make a spritz with something.

Bottled water and something creamy and spritz to keep the moisture locked in. I love Spritzing.:lick:

Hurry Home!:sad:

Glad you found a regimen that is working for you but please dont forget the moisturizing shampoo. In my past experience i've found that just cowashing and using my products inevitably leads to dry hair/ends. Not saying you have to shampoo every week but when your routine seems to stop working just do a nice shampoo and get everything back on track.

I too thank you for your service!

@bludaydreamer I tried wearing a du-rag under my ACH. I was told it was not authorized. I do not know how to braid and none of the ladies that deployed with me either. Also, I thought that braids on relax hair was too much stress on the hair. Shows what I know. But anywho, braids may not be an option for me as I do not have a means do keep up with it.

Can your hair go in a ponytail? If it can do a bun and leave the hair alone, no need to do any styling.

Basically wash and DC, add a moisturising leave in and put it in a ponytail, tie a scarf to keep down the edges, apply your moisturiser and seal very lightly nightly to refresh your style, sleep with the hair in a loose ponytail/braid with the scarf. Aside from your weekly wash and DC leave your hair alone, no combing if you have to brush the edges a little bit.

ETA: Just saw your update

@GIJane Again, thank you so much for your Service.:kiss:

I agree: I would limit the use of the Brazilian Keratin Co-wash or at least rotate it with something moisturizing. I wouldn't use that & DPR-11 the same wash day. I would definitely alternate.:yep: The Elasta QP DPR-11 doesn't have protein in it. Here are the ingredients: Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, PetrolatumCetyle Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Neroli Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant)

And I would also look for a nice hair lotion, a butter and also make a spritz with something.

Bottled water and something creamy and spritz to keep the moisture locked in. I love Spritzing.:lick:.

Hurry Home!:sad:
Thanks.

Glad you found a regimen that is working for you but please dont forget the moisturizing shampoo. In my past experience i've found that just cowashing and using my products inevitably leads to dry hair/ends. Not saying you have to shampoo every week but when your routine seems to stop working just do a nice shampoo and get everything back on track. I use Shea Moisture retention shampoo when my hair feels icky. Which is usually once a month.

I too thank you for your service!
Thanks

Back