Newbie question: Shedding as a result of ortho evra - THE PATCH?

Juris

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting and so I wish to say greetings to everyone on this forum!!! You all have truly encouraged me with your regimens, your stories, and your love. Thanks so much!!!

I have a quick question to ask...

I have recently started taking THE PATCH (about two months) and I have noticed that my hair has been shedding more than usual. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this problem and if so how long this problem lasted? Nothing has changed in my diet, exercise, regimen or stress level so I know that those are not the culprits. I have heard that some people do experience some shedding as a result of birth control because of the hormonal changes. I am trying to give it time to work itself out, but I just need someone to give me a time frame (i.e. when should I start freaking out), so that if it doesn't stop I can return to my physician to discuss some alternatives.

Thanks in advance for your responses...

Thanks Bocagirl...

Hopefully it will stop soon. Before I was on Ortho TriCyclen Lo and I had the same problem. Maybe this is telling me something...get off the birth control!!

Yes, maybe you can try other alternatives, or a BC with a lower hormonal level. Is it major shedding or maybe you're in your shedding period? I would suggest you trying a protein conditioner/treatment to see if that lessesn the amount of shedding. If that doesn't help, then definitely try another form of contraception. Your physician would know best. HTH and all the best! :yep:

Thanks EssentialGrowth for your advice...

I will definitely try the protein treatment. Hopefully that will help. I think that I am just a little concerned because normally I shed very little but now that I have started shedding 70-100 hairs a day, (which I know is normal to some people), I am a little scared.

Praying that the treatment works...I don't want to give up the wonder patch. It made my cramps disappear completely...

Back