Newbie Myself

What length did you start your hair journey at?

• EL (ear length)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • NL (neck length)

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • SL (shoulder length)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • APL (arm-pit length)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • BSL (bra-strap length)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, welcome to the forum!!! :)

As far as progress, I believe I was shoulder length and relaxed when I first joined (had maybe just started transitioning). I had a hair cut recently (from waist length back to bra strap length), but I'll post my beginning photo and the longest my hair got (which was this past winter).

Before LHCF:
preLHCF-vi.jpg

After LHCF (only half of my hair was straightened in this pic):
halfstraightback-vi.jpg

After my hair cut:

_Marchhaircut2010078-vi.jpg

Edit:
I just wanted to say that I didn't intend to get that much hair cut (you guys know how that goes with stylists), and I am in the process of growing my hair back out to WL.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry to jump on your query but I am a newbie my self. I joined LHCF in March 2010 after meeting a colleague at my new work place with WLH and looking at her in dis-belief when she told me that it was real. You know how it is the usual assumption that her hair was a weave. Anyway she led me to LHCF and Fotki and gave me a few tips. I began to look at other sites such as KISS and others. I brought a hooded dryer, steamer and loads of shampoo and conditioner.

Since doing a bit of research my eyes are now open to this whole new world of hair care, I never new existed. To be honest when I first started reading I was a little put off. It seemed very time consuming and don't hate me for saying this but hair seemed to take over some peoples lives. I suppose I was just afraid of the dedication I know that sounds strange.

So my story is I spent my teenage life growing my hair and as soon as it got to any sort of length I went straight to the hairdrersses and cut it all off (I had some really short styles). Like you my hair has never been longer than NL. After meeting this girl at work I decided to start my hair journey, oh and just before my birthday Feb 2010 I went to the hairdressers just for a relax and style and they cut my hair from NL to EL due to breakage and damage. I had that moment when there were actual tears in my eyes, :cry:even for my little piece of hair it hurt no matter how cute people said the style was I was UPSET!!!!

Anyway so now I am on my journey so I suppose I have the same queries as Hypnotic_LT. One thing I also really would like to know is how do you know your hair type, is there a table or chart you all use??

Oh sorry I have no pics don't know how to upload them as yet but will have go soon.

Thanks
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum also. :)

First of all, welcome to the forum!!! :)

As far as progress, I believe I was shoulder length and relaxed when I first joined (had maybe just started transitioning). I had a hair cut recently (from waist length back to bra strap length), but I'll post my beginning photo and the longest my hair got (which was this past winter).

Before LHCF:
preLHCF-vi.jpg

After LHCF (only half of my hair was straightened in this pic):
halfstraightback-vi.jpg

After my hair cut:

_Marchhaircut2010078-vi.jpg

Edit:
I just wanted to say that I didn't intend to get that much hair cut (you guys know how that goes with stylists), and I am in the process of growing my hair back out to WL.

For some reason I am not able to see the pics, but when I get home (LAST DAY OF CLASS!! I think I'm more excited as a teacher!) i'll check your fotki so I can see what's going on. I have so many I need to look at and get onto this!!! I never even knew about fotkis or yourtube channels for hair until I got on with LCHF and KISS (after much research lol)

Back