Newbie in need of some advice!!!(relaxed head)

Barbiebri2

So I just got a fresh relaxer today my hair dresser over-processed my hair:ohwell:....the ends are under-processed(texlax texture) and then there are strand that have under-processed hair in between sections of over-processed hair....Will I eventually have to cut them or can I still keep a healthy head with so many different textures?

I'm bumping for you.

I want to smack her for you! How does that actually happen? How can you over-process & under-process someone at the same time?:perplexed...:nono:

Welcome aboard, btw!

I was 4 months post relaxer and she didnt apply the relaxer all the way down my new growth. My ends are texlaxed so I guess it was diffcult to see the difference between my new growth and the texlaxed hair..idk:ohwell:

You can get a corrective procedure *not by her. Be sure to keep your DC and protein treatments up. :welcome:

How would I go about correcting over processed hair....like the roots are bone straight and very thin and my ends are texlaxed.

How would I go about correcting over processed hair....like the roots are bone straight and very thin and my ends are texlaxed.

You'd have to find a professional who is good with chemicals. I just wouldn't go back to her if she jacked it up already. Get a referrel ask on the board with your location and someone they recommend.

Overprocessed hair cannot be corrected. I suggest a protein treatment (followied by a moisturizing DC) to strenghthen your bone straight roots and possibly get some of your texture back. Regarding the texlaxed ends, I would wait a few weeks and get a corrective done by a different stylist, like JJamiah suggested....or do it yourself.

thanks ladies!!! Im gonna try to do a corrective relaxer myself. I've been doing some reasearch on self relaxing anyway.

Definitely I was referring to the underprocess part, over process hair can't be undone but you can help to keep it in workable condition until it is trimmed off with Treatments. Sorry if I wasn't clear My bad! Prospurr thanks for that check. I have to be more detailed. :)

Back