Newbie here! Any ladies still using JBCO?

GoodGyrlNC

Are any ladies still using Jamican black castor oil? I just received mine last night and attempted to oil my scalp with it, but didn't care for the smell.
Anyone see growth from this? How are you using it?

Welcome! I only use it to seal once in awhile, but I mainly use it on my hairline to thicken it up. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Hi and welcome newbie. I don't use it but there are a lot of ladies who use it. Hopefully they'll chime in.

I am currently using it to keep new growth soft. I also use it in prepoos. To me it's really too thick to do anything else with. For my new growth I apply activator to new growth only with the Castor Oil.

:welcome: I use it to seal and on my edges. I mix it with Jojoba or coconut oil to thin it's consistency.

Last edited:
I apply JBCO to my wet edges at night, then put a scarf on. In the morning, my edges are soft and lay down nicely. I am also seeing more growth on my temples.

Thanks so much ladies for the warm welcome and your responses! The JBCO I received had kind of a burnt, earthy kind of smell. Is that normal?

I mix it with my deep conditioners and use it in a blend to seal my hair. I also use it very lightly on my hairline. I think I'm going to mix it with a lighter oil and do an oil rinse with it too.

Nope don't have any but have been wanting to try this for atleast a yr. i wish they sold it somewhere around here instead of having to order it online.

I use it on my edges and the ends of my hair. I use this oil on my ends the most during the winter months and coconut oil on my ends during the summer months.

Welcome to the board.

I just started using it, to seal with. I've always used the clear kind and wanted to try it.

I get my Black Castor Oil directly from Haiti, so I just refer to it as Black Castor oil...and I love it. I use it to seal my hair and my hair is so soft and supple, I can't believe it. I also use it on my edges to help get them thicker. I am going to start to use it as a prepoo too, to see if it adds overall thickness. The smell takes some getting used to, but to me, its worth it for soft, moisturized hair.

I don't use JBCO but I want to. I've just been using the regular castor oil on my scalp. I apply it twice a week and I believe I've had increased growth. I'm 9 weeks post right now and I'm a slow grower so I would only have like 1/2" of growth at this time. But now I have 3/4". I've used it to seal and I love how soft it makes my hair. I stopped bc I need to use up these other oils but as soon as I run out of those, I'll continue using castor oil to seal.

castor oil increases growth? I don't know about using this on my scalp but I def will if that helps with thickness. That's what I want to use it for.

castor oil increases growth? I don't know about using this on my scalp but I def will if that helps with thickness. That's what I want to use it for.

Yes it increases growth for some. You should go to youtube.com/hairliciousinc and look for her castor oil challenge results vid and you'll see her hair grew a good amount.

I get my Black Castor Oil directly from Haiti, so I just refer to it as Black Castor oil...and I love it. I use it to seal my hair and my hair is so soft and supple, I can't believe it. I also use it on my edges to help get them thicker. I am going to start to use it as a prepoo too, to see if it adds overall thickness. The smell takes some getting used to, but to me, its worth it for soft, moisturized hair.

Exactly! It's the smell that I'm gonna have to get used to. I'm gonna start applying it to my edges and my ends for thickness.

I use it to soften new growth and to thicken my edges. I don't mix it with anything. The smell goes away soon after applying it.

LOVE IT ! :love: LOVE IT !:love: LOVE IT !:love:

Uhhh... Did I say how much I Love it?:love:

It is the absolute best thing I've found for sealing and soothing NG, Edges etc...and just an all around good product.

The Consistency is good. The Smell:look:......Uh.....the Consistency is good.:lachen:

If we're talking about "staples" this is one thing I will always try to have on hand.:yep:

I use it everyday on my hair to seal my WnG's. I love how it makes your hair so soft. I also apply it to my temples when I'm picking at them. (I have issues:lachen:)

The smell doesn't bother me either. Like someone else said, the smell goes away.

Welcome Newbie, I just received my first bottle of JBCO today. :grin: I plan to mix it with Olive Oil to thin it out a little and with either Peppermint or Lavender Essential Oil to kill the smell.:nono: I have been hearing really good things about it and hope to experience good growth with it. :yep: HHG

Back