Still Using Jbco?

This stuff is pretty much a staple mainly I use it in my clay mix or as part of my oil rinse.
On occasion I will mix it with a lighter oil like jojoba or almond and seal my ends.
I get mine from the local beauty supply or the caribbean grocery

JBCO is my Holy Grail product.
It stopped massive shedding I was having during an illness & treatment. The doctors & nurses were amazed.

I get it (Tropic Isle Living and Sunny Isle brands) from the bss, CurlMart, Hattaché, Amazon or directly from the manufacturers - whichever one has a sale.

It works as a humectant, stops inflammation and seals at the same time.

You don't say :blush2:

I love this stuff, thanks to this board.. I love the thickness of the oil...:D

It stopped massive shedding I was having during an illness & treatment. The doctors & nurses were amazed.

I get it (Tropic Isle Living and Sunny Isle brands) from the bss, CurlMart, Hattaché, Amazon or directly from the manufacturers - whichever one has a sale.

Girl, I still shed like a cat. LOL But everything else ITA!! :clap:

Where does everyone buy their pure JBCO?

I already answered this question:

Ebay. This seller had the best price for me:

http://stores.ebay.com/shoporganicbeauty/

But I wanted to add that the castor oil from there has black tea added to it. I bought it still because when I used to use black tea rinse it helped to strengthen my hair and decrease shedding. I haven't paid attention to other castor oils but this one has black tea in it.

I already answered this question:

But I wanted to add that the castor oil from there has black tea added to it. I bought it still because when I used to use black tea rinse it helped to strengthen my hair and decrease shedding. I haven't paid attention to other castor oils but this one has black tea in it.

Black tea infused JBCO you say...
:sneakyhug:@CodeRed because “Thanks" is not enough for that link.

Also, from the Tropic Isle Living website:

http://www.tropicisleliving.com/myths-and-facts-on-jamaican-black-castor-oil-jbco/

Here are some myths and facts about JBCO:

Myth: The darker the castor oil the better it is for your skin and hair.

Fact: The color of the castor oil comes from the amount of roasting. Roasting it longer does not add nutrients.

Myth: The more ash the castor oil contains the better it is for you.

Fact: More ash simply means that it was roasted longer, destroying many of the nutrients.

Myth: The more potent the castor oil the better.

Fact: The potency of castor oil comes from roasting it longer, and does not make it better than castor oil that are not as potent.

Myth: Jamaican Black Castor Oil is only used for hair growth

Fact: The fatty acid in JBCO is called ricinoleic, and it helps to detoxify skin and scalp. JBCO is not only use for hair growth, but is also great for healing cuts, burns, bruises, warts, fungal infections, and dermatitis.

Great thread! JBCO makes me itch like crazy , at least the one with Lavender in it did. This thread has me wanting to give it another go though so I'm going to use the regular castor oil to seal my edges going forward. I'm not having any issues but prevention is a good thing! :brainy:

20150322_163953.jpg 20150715_185955.jpg I wanted to share before and after pics. Before pic is from March 22nd I'm wearing a blue shirt. After pic I'm wearing animal print is from yesterday July 15th. JBCO definitely works, these results are from inconsistent use. I'm thinking about applying it all over my scalp instead of just the edges to see if I can get an overall growth boost.

Last edited:
Back