Newbie: Anyone Out There Have a Ferm Curl?

Hi Ladies! :)

This is my first post, but like so many other newbies, I have been checking out this site for some time and have already learned sooo much from all of you. :bookworm: Thank you for sharing your experiences, advice, and support. You have all helped in ways you'll never even know. :notworthy

When I first came to this site I had shoulder-length relaxed hair and was thinking of going natural, which led me here. As I heard transitioners tell their tales of their new textures and the "hand-in-hair" syndrome, I decided to make the journey and go natural. I'm so glad I experienced it and I learned so much about my hair and how to care for it (both relaxed and natural). I have type 4b hair with a splash of 4a here and there. A few months after my BC, I decided that natural wasn't for me.

Now on to the point of the post (finally!): Currently I have a Ferm Curl, and am loving it. I have to care for it differently from a relaxer, it's a new learning experience for me. I have found that my hair has a very low tolerance for extra protein, and it needs moisture like crazy (actually that last part isn't too different from the way my hair acts with a relaxer or natural too). Does anyone here have a Ferm Curl, or dry curl, or body perm, or whatever else they can be called? I need some tips from some seasoned pros! Even if you don't have this particular process I would appreciate any imput you may have.

Thank you and God Bless

Back