newbie alert! long time lurker out of hiding! photos included.

brianna-alyssa

(SORRY PICTURES ARE SO BIG. I'M FAR TOO LAZY TO RESIZE RIGHT NOW.)wow it feels GREAT to be a member here! i first stumbled across this website around 2005 looking for a quick fix. so i ran out and bought cream of nature shampoos and conditioners thinking i'd now have the long flowing hair i saw on the other ladies. when it didn't happen, i gave up on the forum and started going to a hair stylist that got my hair very healthy but it NEVER seemed to grow over 2-3 inches past shoulder length. discouraging much, especially since i went to her EVERY week for 3 years! :lachen: in december 08 i decided i wanted the two tone look. you know, black on top, blonde on bottom. it ended up being black & brassy orange:blush:.
lastdayatjeffforreal065.jpg
i got this done right when i was moving from new orleans to los angeles and didn't have enough time to care for my hair. it broke off fiercely and i looked like a HAM! it was severely damaged. so i rediscovered the forums around february and became a SERIOUS lurker around march. i was lurking at school, out to dinner with my mom, at the movies watching the ugly truth with a date.:lachen: at anytime someone could see me seriously into my phone. little did they know i was on the internet getting some knowledge haha. but anyway i hadn't had a relaxer since december. so i decided to make my first stretch 6 months (=. i actually went to about 7 months. when i got my hair relaxed i was seriously dissapointed. the hair stylist had basically cut off ALL my progess due to "bad ends." my hair was shorter when i left the salon, than when i went in! i was highly upset! i got my last relaxer on the 24th of september & i noticed my hair was actually growing, getting thicker, & finally becoming healthy due to my own doings (and the knowledge from here). i just want to thank all of you so much! i can't wait to start posting. especially in the off topic and entertainment forum. i hear(read) it gets really crazy in there haha. special thanks to members like traycee, sylver 2, loveya4ever, macheriamour, msa, tiffers, dlewis, allandra, aggie, pokahontas, bostonmaria, prettyfaceANB, naturaltobe, music-bnatural-smile, wheezy807, flowerhair, beans4reezy, neith, sherylstresses, and SO many more who's names i can't recall. i feel like i know all of you, in my head haha. weird, i know. so, i'll stop now. thanks for reading and i'll be posting photos and posts soon. have a nice day!

ps: i have 3c/4a, more 4a type hair. i have medium, normal sized strands and thick hair i'm relaxed with silk elements mild lye relaxer.

hair while still going to hair stylist. i'll do length shots soon!

tatiyaanandiiii001.jpg

current hair in braidout protective style
DSCF5572.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

thanks so much! i just went off to look at your fotki. & your braidout is BEAUTIFUL! how do you get it to last & how do you get it so shiny and the waves so defined? is it bouncy?

Last edited:
thanks starronda. you were also one of the members whose name i couldn't recall but one i have learned from. beautiful hair!

thanks so much! i just went off to look at your fotki. & your braidout is BEAUTIFUL! how do you get it to last & how do you get it so shiny and the waves so defined? is it bouncy?

Thanks! I'm kind of new to this too, LOL. I do it on damp hair with unrefined she butter (after a cowash, which I just squeeze out). I leave the braids in for about a day and then take it out. At night I spritz with water and add coconut oil and re-braid. I wouldn't necessarily call it bouncy, but it is very light and soft. Yours looks so shiny and moisturized, what are you using?

Thanks! I'm kind of new to this too, LOL. I do it on damp hair with unrefined she butter (after a cowash, which I just squeeze out). I leave the braids in for about a day and then take it out. At night I spritz with water and add coconut oil and re-braid. I wouldn't necessarily call it bouncy, but it is very light and soft. Yours looks so shiny and moisturized, what are you using?

that sounds like a good process! i do mine on 80% dry hair after cowashing. then i do 3 big braids to the scalp going back but with a side part. i love HE LTR leave in but, here lately i have been using cantu shea butter leave in and sealing with olive oil. my hair is usually moisturized but doesn't have much movement to it :sad:. that's one of the main reasons i clip it up.

So glad you joined ! This forum is the truth! I wish every black woman in the world knew about this! Spread the word!

So glad you joined ! This forum is the truth! I wish every black woman in the world knew about this! Spread the word!

haha thanks! i have to be honest, i'm not telling anyone else about this forum. i told my cousin & she started laughing at me& telling me black females can't grow hair past shoulder length. i can't wait to prove her & my dad wrong:yep:.

Back