New Year New Year

SexySin985

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I want a new start for the new year, but I need your help. I want my hair to grow but I dont know how. I am currently using Herbal Essence Shampoo for dry, colored, relaxed hair and the UBH conditioner and Dew by Cathy Howse. I went to Cathy's website (ubhpublications.com) and I was convinced and bought her products. But I dont think it is really doing anything for me. Its been a month and I see no difference. Well I will admit that my hair is a shinner and softer. I dont know if it is because I am too impatient of if her conditioner and dew is a rip off. Has anyone use her product and had good results if so please reply. I also just ordered 3 bottles of Wild Growth Hair oil from Ebay (I got all three bottles for only 12.99 :) ) Has anyone had success from Wild Growth? I also do my relaxers myself because I am a broke college student with 2 kids and have no time or money to get it professionally done. I use Botanicals and I love it! Well okay I am starting to ramble so I will wrap this up. So basically can someone give me some advice of what I am doing right or wrong and if you have any suggestions on products that you have used that gave you great results I would gladdy appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance for all of your advice.

Well, I don't think Cathy Howse's products claim to promote growth, just retention of what you grow, so your results might not be really noticeable after one month. It sounds like her products are doing for you what they are supposed to, though :). I haven't tried WGO, but I am sure someone else can weigh in on this. I would recommend Surge for fast growth. It can be a pain to be consistent with, but I do usually see growth in as little as 10 days. It might make you feel better to get some instant growth out of the way, but in my quest for longer hair, I am seeing the patient counts because it really is a lengthy process. HTH.

Welcome. Now I am not the bomb or anything, but I am very happy with my hair and hair care regimen. But based on my own mishaps and experiences with the products this is my advice.

*Herbal Essence Poo. I have never used this, but I personally don't know if it is really moisturizing. My favorite and reliable poo under $5.00 is Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Poo. But if you have good results with it, keep it going.

* Cathy Howse. Her conditioner is too tough for my hair, too much protein, makes my hair hard--my hair does not like protein, only moisturizing products with a bit of protein. As for the dew, I like it. I used it for roller sets and for my ends, but it works best in the summer, I find that in ther winter, it is too light.

But this board is full of great info and many ladies have gorgeous home grown hair that ytou can view in their albums. So take a read and I am sure you will find the regimen that work's best for you. I did.

Welcome to the board!

I don't know that there are any products that are a "guarantee" that your hair will grow. Different products work differently for different people. So it's hard to recommend things.

But what remains consistent as far as hair growth and hair health are things like * Limiting the use of heat. *Using a wide-tooth comb. * Keeping your ends protected and moisturized. * Detangling your hair while it is saturated with conditioner. *Treating your hair like fine silk (meaning be gentle with it). *Protecting your hair at night with a silk or satin scarf. *Don't wear styles that dry out or stress out your hair (like too tight braids, certain weaving techniques)
* Eat healthier.

Products only do so much. The rest comes from plain old fashioned TLC to your hair :)

Welcome! You're hair will grow if you are patient and remain consistent. I agree with everything dreemsold has said. I've tried the UBH conditioner and it really does work well for me, I love the feel of peppermint on my scalp. Wow! Her dew spray is pretty good too. I've tried WGO and I really didn't like it, I felt that it was heavy and the smell drove me crazy, you can get results of natural oils as good as WGO by mixing up some really good essential oils, I personally mix Aphogee's Essential Fatty Acid (oil) with peppermint (love the tingle), rosemary, eucaliptus(sp), shea and mango butter. This stuff really softens my hair and helps with detangling especially when it's close to touch up time.

64.gif
to the boards

Welcome to the Board. Can't give much advice today 'cause I'm in the wrongful conditioner use hall of shame, but Welcome and Happy New Year!

Back