New to the boards and here is my story...

DangerouslyShy

Hi /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I can finally post now!! I have been reading and reading everyones post without being able to reply (didnt know I had to pay)lol I was getting mad that I could not ask questions and start topics!! lol /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Ok here is my story, Im in the mist of transitioning...My hair was overprocessed by my hair dresser and I didnt even know.. My hair was stressing out causing breakage and I had no idea what it was from, so I read up on somethings and realized that my stylist was overprocessing my hair...

I would get a relaxer every month, color on top of that plus braided to put in my sewin weaves....it was going through much and im telling you it told me loud and clear!! It was so overprocessed that when i washed my hair...my hair wouldnt even wave up when it air dryed it would just be straight...I remember when i was younger and first started getting relaxers that I would go swimming and my hair would dry but it would be wavy with some curls...now its bone straight with a little friz....

So right now im trying to transition but ITs really hard I have 3c/4a hair and its very thick!!! Im one of those kids that ran at the sight of an comb...My relaxed ends are shot!!! i mean bang their dead...lol Im cutting them off gradually, keeping them moisturized but I know they have to GO!!!
Here are some pictures of my hair password is grow

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/growth_challenge/october_032004/

you can visit the rest of my site it has pics of different hairstyles i have done...etc...

Also ladies what is a good conditioner that will MOISTURIZE my hair..my hair is never soft the way it should be after i condition and i deep condition once a week...
I have used CON (the blue one)
John Frieda Frizz Eaze
Infusium 23
Proclaim Cholestrol (this one is pretty good, the only one out of all the ones I have tried that I like...

Tea Tree Cholestrol

I bought Biolage, Nexxus Humectress to try...so I will try those two next...
any suggestions will help me...

especially on the transitioning subject...

Thank you and Im very happy to finally be a "registered" member...lol

BTW just call my D.Shy...
/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Congratulations on transitioning. There are a lot of good hints out there that helped me transition...PAINLESSLY.

I am into natural products now so I highly recommend addding honey to any conditioners you use. It naturally draws moisture INTO your hair and keeps it moist. I actually had a shampoo bar created with honey, coconut milk, shea butter and other goodies and my natural hair has never been softer since using it.

I still think conditioners like Suave Milk & Honey, Citrus Smoothie and Tropical Coconut are EXCELLENT moisturizing conditioners.

I use shea butter to twist my hair...and again...I never had a problem with breakage and now that the permed ends are gone my hair continues to stay soft as a result of using shea butter.

I know for sure I did not have a problem with breakage because I did not try to force my natural roots to be straight like my permed ends. I wore a "bantu knot twist out" all during my transition. So my hair always looked like my natural roots. I know that if I tried pressing the roots or tried combing through the roots like I did through the permed end...I would have defintely experience breakage at the point where the natural roots and permed ends meet.

I transitioned for 7 months. Once I had the length I desired, I just knew it was time to cut the permed ends off.

You can make it through this time. Just learn a few tricks to keep both textures moist, and carefully manipulate it to avoid breakage.

Wishing you the best transition possible.

I loveeeeee Dudley's Hair Rebuilder. It does exactly what it says. This is what is on the bottle:

Hair Rebuilder 8oz.
Dudley’s Hair Rebuilder is a penetrating conditioner for badly damaged hair. Its special blend of vitamins, nucleic acids and keratin penetrate to reinforce the cortex layer, resulting in more body and improved elasticity for all hair types. Moisturizers smooth rough cuticles while enhancing sheen, softness and strength.

I got this off of www.dudleyq.com It really works! The conditioner is thin ut a little goes a long way...and smells soooo good and tropical. I love this. I would use this reconstructive conditioner with each shampoo until my hair started to act right. Then I ran out.

BTW, WELCOME ABOARD!

Thank you ladies...

I appreciate the responses...I will definately try to dudleys rebuilding conditioner I have had alot of success with Dudleys products in the past....escpecially their PCA!! loved it...

The shea butter sounds like it would work wonders...
I have not been using heat that much at all...I usually wear a weave but Im taking a break this week...that wast my first time getting my hair pressed in YEARS!! AGES!! lol i was a little scared she was gonna burn me with it...I asked her you sure you remember how to do this...lol shes been doing my hair for ages...she told me not to put the color in my hair but I said DO IT!!!...and viola damage! just my luck should have listened...not everyone can take a relaxer and color ...

Welcome to the board & I wish you well during your transition- I am coming to the the end of my own transition.

Hi there, D.Shy!
Good luck with your transitioning. You'll be able to have thick healthy hair in no time with the wonderful tips from this forum.

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Welcome! You are so pretty and you are working all those cute weaves. With your sew in knowledge you will be able to grow out your own hair even longer in no time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board! I can't see the pics either /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey DangerousShy,
So happy you came out of lurk mode, chica. Love your hair. You're using all the right products. Just be patient and use the advice of all these wonderful ladies and you will be just fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ya'll are all so sweet yes thats me in my avatar....
lol you know the funny thing about the weaves...I just learned how to do it myself this summer...I went to a girl who used to do braids and weaves and she braided my hair so tight my edges started to break and I had little bumps from the hair pulling...
thats a no no /images/graemlins/naughty.gifin my book!!!

So i took it upon myself to learn plus I dont have to spend money...

my fotki isnt working thats weird ...the site acts up alot...I dont understand the problem i will look at it again...

k it should be working now lol that wasnt even the password I thought it was...

grow is the new password so it should work...take a look at my pitiful damaged hair...lol it needs some love and help!

Welcome D. Shy! /images/graemlins/wave.gif You know now that you've come out of lurk mode, there's no going back!

Mizz Avalon I know Im already addicted to another hair board...lol and I was addicted to reading this one for the longest...until i finally was fed up and PM'd bev to try and figure out why i could not post...

who is that cute boy with the dreds...? you meet him yet TigerLIlly?

Welcome D'Shy! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I love your album. I can definitely see your personality throughout. I think you're off to a good start and your Oct. 15 style looks so nice and even. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome D. Shy.
13.gif
Best wishes on your hair growing journey!

Back