New Sleepover buddy has me looking a H.A.M.!!!!

LadyChe

:lachen: :lachen:

Hey ladies -

I have a new *ahem* buddy. (Ok OK. We're dating)

He now sleeps over one or two (or four - whatever:look:) nights a week, and on the nights that he doesn't sleep over, we're together until I'm 5 minutes from sleep and too exhausted to get through the laundry's list of things I need to do.

Well, as a result of these shenanigans - my hair is a mess, my nightly steam and mask ritual has gone to pot, I haven't folded my laundry or washed my car... I haven't seen hide nor hair of a gym (but, that's OK, I'm workin up a good sweat ..:weird: )

How long was it before you coupled ladies started to reveal your nightly rituals to your guys?

(and this goes double for the interracial couples... I'm the first mocha representative he's dated. The discovery of my weavealiciousness came at the MOST inopportune time...:eek: . I was gonna tell him! HONEST!:ohwell:)

crlsweetie912 said:
:lachen: !!!!!
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
Sorry, it's been so long I can't give any advice but this thread has me crackin up!

:rofl: crlsweetie....... Hush Chile..... :naughty:

But this is funny. :lol:

When I was married, I was perfect. :yep: Yes, I was and I still am. :D
I have the 'glory of the Lord' covering me totally. 'He' will find no fault in me.

Besides, by the time I'm finished with him, he won't 'aware' of nothing else. :cool:

Well have fun LadyChe!!! :lol:
I guess you'll have to be a little messy for a while, huh? :D
I wouldn't mind a nice guy messing me up... ;)

Lol, I've been there. I tried to stay cute and sleep with my hair out etc. when my relationship was really new. Once we got to the point where I was spending the entire weekend at his house I couldn't keep the lie alive. I started wrapping my hair and he didn't mind, although he did slip an Aunt Jemima joke in there, but I told him if he liked my hair long I had to wrap it up to keep it that way - he shut up after that. I got into my comfy clothes and I wasn't afraid to handle big business in his bathroom :D . I tried to break him in right away so I could stay as close to my normal routine as possible.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:!!!

You are too funny LadyChe! I think that you just start taking care of your hair like you used to. When he asks questions (oh yes.... THERE will be questions!) gently giude him through the ritual that is our hair. Ain't no sense in frontin now:lol:! Might as well put it all out on front street! He will probably appreciate it that much more because he'll know the time and energy that you put into maintaining your mane and keeping it tight "for him"... Or at least he can think it's for him!;)

I am cracking up reading your post and cracking up even harder reading the responses!! (moisture in your routine......getting your exercise)

I have to agree with one of the OPs that said when you break out the silk scarf, just go on and explain to man-man that this is a part of that routine/ritual that had you looking like "you" when you met him and if he likes that look, this is what has to be done.

Again, to agree with DLewis, at least you haven't abandoned your routine totally - still got some sweat, I mean moisture:lol: in the routine!!!

BB:)

At least get a satin pillow case... but girl I get them used to the scarf early, I can't walk around looking crazy.

You guys are killing me with your responses. Handling BIG BUSINESS in the bathroom???? :eek: Girl, I am NOT ready!!!

I am definitely appreciative of my new routine - it certainly had been a LOOOONG TIME since I had any exercise:lol: :lol: :lol: ....

I guess I'll have to introduce him to something each week...

Week 1: Lotioning after EVERY shower. (No for real. I had no idea that most people didn't do that EVERY time. He thinks I'm CRAZY. I went ONE day without - and looked like I'd been rolling in flour for 30min...:ohwell: )
Week 2: Hair Scarf...
Week 3: MTG???? Oh the bacon-grease smelling HORROR!!!!
Week 4: Single. I'm betting the MTG will be toooooo much.... :grin: :grin:

LadyChe said:
You guys are killing me with your responses. Handling BIG BUSINESS in the bathroom???? :eek: Girl, I am NOT ready!!!

I am definitely appreciative of my new routine - it certainly had been a LOOOONG TIME since I had any exercise:lol: :lol: :lol: ....

Week 1: Lotioning after EVERY shower. (No for real. I had no idea that most people didn't do that EVERY time. He thinks I'm CRAZY. I went ONE day without - and looked like I'd been rolling in flour for 30min...:ohwell: )

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I was reading week 3 and thinking that I didn't know how well the MTG would go over..then I saw your week 4. LOLOL

Yea, you may need to switch to boundless tresses or somethin like that.

MissVee said:
At least get a satin pillow case... but girl I get them used to the scarf early, I can't walk around looking crazy.

That's what I did...my man cracked up after he saw me in my sleep cap, but now he makes sure to remind me to pack my bonnet if I'm staying at his place, or going on a trip. The silly guy even tried to wear it once! :lol:

Just be truthful about your hair and the routine, he'll get used to it.

Now get that "exercise"!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

ETA: as for the lotion, just ask him to help you put it on...trust me, that goes over well, lol!

LadyChe said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

LadyChe said:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
:lol::lol::lachen::lachen::lol::lol:

Ok i have a suggestion...

- Keep a scarf by the bed (under the pillow). After the lights go out and he has fallen asleep slip that sucker on.

- Wake up BEFORE he does or before the sun comes up, and slip that sucker off. Heck you can even go to the bathroom and comb your hair down to make it seem like you wake up with perfect hair.

Girl DO NOT SKIP THAT LOTION!! LOL. If its that bad, move to the back of the shower, and put it on before you turn the water off. He wont know...well...unless ya'll shower together too :look:

atlien11 said:

- Keep a scarf by the bed (under the pillow). After the lights go out and he has fallen asleep slip that sucker on.

- Wake up BEFORE he does or before the sun comes up, and slip that sucker off. Heck you can even go to the bathroom and comb your hair down to make it seem like you wake up with perfect hair.

Girl DO NOT SKIP THAT LOTION!! LOL. If its that bad, move to the back of the shower, and put it on before you turn the water off. He wont know...well...unless ya'll shower together too :look:

Ummm..those scarf tips are too much work. She's in the throws of passi...um, exercise, that's it exercise and she will be thinking about when her do rag goes back on.

LMAO :lachen:

Girl, the quickest you can get to being you, the better! Definately break out the scarf and lotion ASAP. Resume doing what's normal to you and answer questions if/when homeboy asks :p

andreamaria said:
LMAO :lachen:

Girl, the quickest you can get to being you, the better! Definately break out the scarf and lotion ASAP. Resume doing what's normal to you and answer questions if/when homeboy asks :p

Dare you address MTG though?

LadyChe said:
:lachen: :lachen:

Hey ladies -

I have a new *ahem* buddy. (Ok OK. We're dating)

He now sleeps over one or two (or four - whatever:look:) nights a week, and on the nights that he doesn't sleep over, we're together until I'm 5 minutes from sleep and too exhausted to get through the laundry's list of things I need to do.

Well, as a result of these shenanigans - my hair is a mess, my nightly steam and mask ritual has gone to pot, I haven't folded my laundry or washed my car... I haven't seen hide nor hair of a gym (but, that's OK, I'm workin up a good sweat ..:weird: )

How long was it before you coupled ladies started to reveal your nightly rituals to your guys?

(and this goes double for the interracial couples... I'm the first mocha representative he's dated. The discovery of my weavealiciousness came at the MOST inopportune time...:eek: . I was gonna tell him! HONEST!:ohwell:)

Girl DAMN you and your WEAVEALICIOUSNESS!!!! You got me cracking up. Was he trying to err.....ummm.....pull something in the heat of the night!!!!!! LOL!!!! OH MON DIEU!!!!

Kimberly said:
Good for you! Eventually, you are going to have to at least break out the silk scarf!

Ya'll are funny. I'm glad I don't have to deal with this now. It was kind of stressful when I did at one point.

LadyChe said:

GIRL DAMN DAMN DAMN NOOOO NOT THE BACON GREASE!!!! ITS TOO DANG EARLY!!!

You betta call up Naturallady and get some BT. The bacon grease is for 6-12 months down the line.....not now!!!! AHHH hellz nawlzz!

atlien11 said:

That reminds me of an episode of Different World. I think it was when Whitley adn Dwayne Wayne first got married.
hillarioius episode.:lol:

Anyone else see it?

atlien11 said:

AT what kind of mcgeyver ish are you talking about? What kind of G14 Classified mission you doing over there? LOL

See the movie Friday for meaning of G14 Classified.....LOL

FeelinIt said:
AT what kind of mcgeyver ish are you talking about? What kind of G14 Classified mission you doing over there? LOL

See the movie Friday for meaning of G14 Classified.....LOL

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

chica_canella said:
That reminds me of an episode of Different World. I think it was when Whitley adn Dwayne Wayne first got married.
hillarioius episode.:lol:

Anyone else see it?

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: yup whitley would set the alarm to wake up before dwayne, and she would brush her teeth and do her hair, and then go back and lay down.:lachen: :lachen::lachen:

i am sorry this is funny:lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen: i rap up the first night because i would be scare i would have a set back i have dated two men who wore do rags to bed:lol: and it was the first time so now i dont care i know of someone who sleep in a :eek: every night wig and have a husband :eek: her man ant never seen her with out makeup:confused: if he want you pretty in street you have to do what you do befor you go to bed:look: thats mud pack and the what ever you have to do:) ii show him what a sister is made of lol but no mtg that for afther we are marry lol

Last edited:
Back