New Sleepover buddy has me looking a H.A.M.!!!!

When I was talking to this guy in Jaunray i brought my scarf over and he was always playing with it but he alwyas got mad when I didn't bring it with me! He;d be like 'I don't want that pretty lil curly hair of your all messed up you better bring it!"

LadyChe said:
:lachen: :lachen:

Hey ladies -

I have a new *ahem* buddy. (Ok OK. We're dating)

He now sleeps over one or two (or four - whatever:look:) nights a week, and on the nights that he doesn't sleep over, we're together until I'm 5 minutes from sleep and too exhausted to get through the laundry's list of things I need to do.

Well, as a result of these shenanigans - my hair is a mess, my nightly steam and mask ritual has gone to pot, I haven't folded my laundry or washed my car... I haven't seen hide nor hair of a gym (but, that's OK, I'm workin up a good sweat ..:weird: )

How long was it before you coupled ladies started to reveal your nightly rituals to your guys?

(and this goes double for the interracial couples... I'm the first mocha representative he's dated. The discovery of my weavealiciousness came at the MOST inopportune time...:eek: . I was gonna tell him! HONEST!:ohwell:)

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

ETA: I think the sooner the better just be you. I've never dated someone of another race before so I don't know how to explain all that but most black guys have sisters and they all have moms so they know the deal lol. My "friend" hates my sleeping bonnet but he also loves my hair so he knows they come together. Imma get some satin pillowcases as well he has locs so he'll appreciate them as well.

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious!:lachen:

I agree with the ladies who say just show him the "real you". Lotion isn't some scary foreign thing anyway, most women that I know, black and white use lotion. Let him rub it on you after you shower.;)

In the beginning when DH and I were first getting together, after one particularly "sweaty" session I went into the bathroom and splashed cold water all over my face and wiped off what was left of my make up. That was the first time he saw me without any make up, not even a trace of lip gloss. He was pleasantly surprised and told me how beautiful I was without it.

Well, okay, I don't know if I'd introduce him to anything that smelled bad all over my head right away, but the rest of it, sure.

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

ETA: I think the sooner the better just be you. I've never dated someone of another race before so I don't know how to explain all that but most black guys have sisters and they all have moms so they know the deal lol. My "friend" hates my sleeping bonnet but he also loves my hair so he knows they come together. Imma get some satin pillowcases as well he has locs so he'll appreciate them as well.

Waaaaaaaay back in the day (lol)... I remember that my dude (black) really didn't care about the sleep cap/bonnet, nor the lotion since it was something that he expected. Plus, his ex was a real H.A.M. (didn't do her hair much/no lotion... just all ashy), so I think he appreciated my efforts! I didn't take long to bring out the regular nighttime arsenal.

Now I was natural when I was with a non-black dude and since I've gone natural, I haven't wrapped up my hair at all. (no need... although I will bring over my satin pillowcase). Let's just say that my hair would end up all over the place, which he kinda thought was sexy. :sekret:

I have talked to some non-black dudes who said they were stunned when their GFs/buddies/whatever, pulled their weaves off. But they got over it!

Bunny77 said:
Waaaaaaaay back in the day (lol)... I remember that my dude (black) really didn't care about the sleep cap/bonnet, nor the lotion since it was something that he expected. Plus, his ex was a real H.A.M. (didn't do her hair much/no lotion... just all ashy), so I think he appreciated my efforts! I didn't take long to bring out the regular nighttime arsenal.

Now I was natural when I was with a non-black dude and since I've gone natural, I haven't wrapped up my hair at all. (no need... although I will bring over my satin pillowcase). Let's just say that my hair would end up all over the place, which he kinda thought was sexy. :sekret:

I have talked to some non-black dudes who said they were stunned when their GFs/buddies/whatever, pulled their weaves off. But they got over it!

Yeah he thinks my natural hair is sexy when it's all over the place even when I first wake up but he's black lol. I definitely need to invest in satin pillowcases though. A set for my house and a set for his.

Ha! Tooooo funny. Ya'll are hilarious....but I can relate. I just got married in August and I am JUST NOW feeling comfortable enough to let it all hang out.

For one, to bed I wear a head wrap. Add to that bifocals (exaggeration, but thick glasses nonetheless). Add to that pimple cream. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But when we were dating I omitted the head wrap. Not the best decision, but I was shame. What I did was put my hair in a high ponytail and put a roller on the end. Still not cute, but not quite as shocking to see as big momma's head scarf:lachen: :lachen:

FeelinIt said:
Girl DAMN you and your WEAVEALICIOUSNESS!!!! You got me cracking up. Was he trying to err.....ummm.....pull something in the heat of the night!!!!!! LOL!!!! OH MON DIEU!!!!

Oh please believe... we are both traumatized.

I can't believe I'm telling this...

SO. We were having a little contest and it was my turn to "step up to the mic". My poetic linguistics were working well- and he was just doing what came naturally, ya know, "running" his fingers through the back on my hair...

He yanked his hand up, and my WHOLE head yanked up with it. OUCH ON BOTH SIDES. Apparently his finger got caught on an errant thread and tangled at the base of the track.

*cue I love Lucy theme song..

Aii-yai-yaiiiiii!!!!!

STOP LAUGHING AT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LadyChe said:
You guys are killing me with your responses. Handling BIG BUSINESS in the bathroom???? :eek: Girl, I am NOT ready!!!

I am definitely appreciative of my new routine - it certainly had been a LOOOONG TIME since I had any exercise:lol: :lol: :lol: ....

I guess I'll have to introduce him to something each week...

Week 1: Lotioning after EVERY shower. (No for real. I had no idea that most people didn't do that EVERY time. He thinks I'm CRAZY. I went ONE day without - and looked like I'd been rolling in flour for 30min...:ohwell: )
Week 2: Hair Scarf...
Week 3: MTG???? Oh the bacon-grease smelling HORROR!!!!
Week 4: Single. I'm betting the MTG will be toooooo much.... :grin: :grin:
Oh NO!!! Don't break out the MTG. You're better off with the Big Business in the Bathroom. :lol:

But between you and me, I not doing either. The Big Business in the Toilet I'm taking to the 'Out House'. I can't.... :nono: I just can't :nono:, I can't do the poodle doo around 'him'. I just can't. :nono: I'll have to have separate bathrooms in our house first.

Or if I go in 'after' him with a air mask, then I can blame it all on him... Hey, that'll work. Yeah...:yep:

Shimmie said:
Oh NO!!! Don't break out the MTG. You're better off with the Big Business in the Bathroom. :lol:

But between you and me, I not doing either. The Big Business in the Toilet I'm taking to the 'Out House'. I can't.... :nono: I just can't :nono:, I can't do the poodle doo around 'him'. I just can't. :nono: I'll have to have separate bathrooms in our house first.

Or if I go in 'after' him with a air mask, then I can blame it all on him... Hey, that'll work. Yeah...:yep:

Girl men have no shame doing it around us so why should I have any shame either lol. Especially if we're at my house hmph I gotta go lol.

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Girl men have no shame doing it around us so why should I have any shame either lol. Especially if we're at my house hmph I gotta go lol.

:lol: You are so right, men do not care. And what's with the newspaper in the bathroom? I don't read, I just poof it out, wash my bottom and my hands with baby bath and go...I'm done. :lol:

My son and my son-in-law do not care. My ex-husband didn't care either. but I've been a single 'girly-girl' so long that I just can't imagine having the nerve when that time comes. :blush: :whyme: :lol:

This thread is too funny. :lol:

Shimmie said:
:lol: You are so right, men do not care. And what's with the newspaper in the bathroom? I don't read, I just poof it out, wash my bottom and my hands with baby bath and go...I'm done. :lol:

My son and my son-in-law do not care. My ex-husband didn't care either. but I've been a single 'girly-girl' so long that I just can't imagine having the nerve when that time comes. :blush: :whyme: :lol:

This thread is too funny. :lol:

Yea I feel you. I mean the first month maybe but umm when we're spending several days a week together and sleeping over ain't no point in hiding lol. My "friend" almost always wakes up before me so I couldn't hide anything if I wanted too. Once he found the need to tell me when he has to have a bowel movement I was like okay the door is open now ain't no point in me being extra prissy now.

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Yea I feel you. I mean the first month maybe but umm when we're spending several days a week together and sleeping over ain't no point in hiding lol. My "friend" almost always wakes up before me so I couldn't hide anything if I wanted too. Once he found the need to tell me when he has to have a bowel movement I was like okay the door is open now ain't no point in me being extra prissy now.

"BlessedBeauty", Ummmmm, I'm gonna say, "You did it." :sekret: :lol:

psych....:rofl: But you can see how 'chicken I am.' :lol: Just kidding. :)

BTW: (((( hugs )))) thanks for your support. Really, thanks, angel. I wish you and yours 'forever love'. ;).

this thread is too funny! i know i'm gonna have to deal with this soon but i'm trying to prolong it for as long as possible.

Khalia27 said:
and I wasn't afraid to handle big business in his bathroom :D .

**********DEAD!*********

.....And lol @ u LadyChe!
LADYCHE, MOCHA REPRESENTATIVE

How bout breaking him in slowly. Maybe one or two rituals a week? And tell him ur growing out ur hair so u hope he can respect the process.

LadyChe said:
I went ONE day without - and looked like I'd been rolling in flour for 30min...:ohwell: ):

ROTFLMAO! Girl, is he white? Get him to rub some cocoa butter on your pretty mocha skin!

:lol: laughing at this topic. it took me a couple of months and i was sooo scared that he would say something when i came to bed with my scarf. and wouldn't you know he never even noticed beyong asking 'oh, whats that for?' when i explained to him how black hair gets dry,etc. he just said 'ok'. i realized i was making a bigger deal out of it then it was!

oh but he still makes fun of my masks...:)

oh and i second the reading material in the bathroom! what the heck is that? just do your business and get out! i'm going to hang a sign in there that says 'NO LOITERING!'

thefineprint said:
oh and i second the reading material in the bathroom! what the heck is that? just do your business and get out! i'm going to hang a sign in there that says 'NO LOITERING!'

:lol: i don't get it either. why spend more time in there than is necessary?

Shimmie said:
"BlessedBeauty", Ummmmm, I'm gonna say, "You did it." :sekret: :lol:

psych....:rofl: But you can see how 'chicken I am.' :lol: Just kidding. :)

BTW: (((( hugs )))) thanks for your support. Really, thanks, angel. I wish you and yours 'forever love'. ;).

Awww thank you... you're so sweet.

thefineprint said:

Umm am I the only woman who takes a book in the bathroom:look:

LadyChe said:
Oh please believe... we are both traumatized.

I can't believe I'm telling this...

SO. We were having a little contest and it was my turn to "step up to the mic". My poetic linguistics were working well- and he was just doing what came naturally, ya know, "running" his fingers through the back on my hair...

He yanked his hand up, and my WHOLE head yanked up with it. OUCH ON BOTH SIDES. Apparently his finger got caught on an errant thread and tangled at the base of the track.

*cue I love Lucy theme song..

Aii-yai-yaiiiiii!!!!!

STOP LAUGHING AT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: OMG, I'm dying over here. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

LadyChe said:
You guys are killing me with your responses. Handling BIG BUSINESS in the bathroom???? :eek: Girl, I am NOT ready!!!

I am definitely appreciative of my new routine - it certainly had been a LOOOONG TIME since I had any exercise:lol: :lol: :lol: ....

I guess I'll have to introduce him to something each week...

Week 1: Lotioning after EVERY shower. (No for real. I had no idea that most people didn't do that EVERY time. He thinks I'm CRAZY. I went ONE day without - and looked like I'd been rolling in flour for 30min...:ohwell: )
Week 2: Hair Scarf...
Week 3: MTG???? Oh the bacon-grease smelling HORROR!!!!
Week 4: Single. I'm betting the MTG will be toooooo much.... :grin: :grin:

Girl you're too funny.:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Back