New Rollerset Photos!!!

lonei

Hi ladies. I washed my hair today with the Keracare Shampoos and Conditioner, I was very impressed, unlike I was with their leave in conditioner and setting lotion. Anyway, I decided to do the ponytail rollerset for which I have loads of pictures, look at the lonei3 album below and let me know what you think.

P.S. Does anyone know how I can make the last link in my siggy and actual picture?

Thanks ladies

Your hair is gorgeous! :) What kind of bands did you use to put the ponytails in? I will be trying this as I have no luck w/ traditional rollersets.

lonei,
Your hair came out very pretty! Quick question for you: what types of bands did you use on your hair so as not to leave a print near the base, and also, if you have done a rollerset the conventional way, which do you find easier?

I am transitioning and once when I did a 16 week stretch, the later in the stretch, it became more difficult to rollerset, but i think if i did it this way (w/the ponytails) it would be much easier)

Your hair is beautiful! I love the color.
That is such a cool idea/way of doing a rollerset.

msshic said:
Your hair is gorgeous! :) What kind of bands did you use to put the ponytails in? I will be trying this as I have no luck w/ traditional rollersets.

Thank you. Sorry everyone, I was in such a hurry that i forgot to say that i flat ironed the first inch or so to get rid of the roller marks and wavy roots. Also, as my hair is texlaxed it doesn't come out entirely striaght without the flat iron which makes combing difficult. However i only finger comb for the next two weeks until wash day.

In response your question, its just some normal small hair bands from the £1 shop.

blackbarbie said:
lonei,
Your hair came out very pretty! Quick question for you: what types of bands did you use on your hair so as not to leave a print near the base, and also, if you have done a rollerset the conventional way, which do you find easier?

I am transitioning and once when I did a 16 week stretch, the later in the stretch, it became more difficult to rollerset, but i think if i did it this way (w/the ponytails) it would be much easier)

Thank you. I used normal small hair bands and I flat ironed the first inch otherwise those band marks do not dissappear and make combing and styling very difficult. i just clamp each section with the flat iron for 3 secs max. I find this ponytail rollerset easier as these days my rollersets are just so sloppy and take so long, if your hair is not relaxed bone straight however, you just have to be careful with your detangling when tryng to put the hair in the band and then onto the roller. Funny enough, this time i lost less hair than i ever have rollersetting, i think it was a combination of the Keracare and patience. Good luck.

Your hair is so very beautiful, Lonei!!

I too do this ponytail rollerset with similar results except I dont have anything to smooth the marks or newgrowth (except for the trusty scarf!). I just make braidouts after taking my rollers out.

I love the idea of just wearing the rollerset like you are and others do. Since it isn't for style, I make only 6 to 8 ponytails to rollerset my hair, using Scunci Hair Hosiery bands (after soaking in olive oil). How many ponytails do you make for your gorgeous set?

Thanks ladies. Isis, i think I made about 12, i wouldn't be able to comb through my hair if I made 6-8, do you only use a big tooth comb then?

lonei said:
Thanks ladies. Isis, i think I made about 12, i wouldn't be able to comb through my hair if I made 6-8, do you only use a big tooth comb then?
I don't comb them out, I just braid my hair up after removing the rollers or use my fingers to make a bun or an updo. I'm basically using this ponytail rollerset to dry my hair smooth. I usually use the big, green rollers.

I'm going to try 12 grey rollers next time and see the difference. :yep:

Girrrrrl you have a gorgeous head of hair, very healthy, lengthy, thick, and shiny. I only took a look at the pic in your siggy and had to say Congratulations!!! and keep it growwing. :cool:

lonei I was just about to shout you out on the forum until I noticed this thread!! Your hair is beautiful! what type of relaxer do you use (brand, lye/no lye)?? thanx

Isis said:
I don't comb them out, I just braid my hair up after removing the rollers or use my fingers to make a bun or an updo. I'm basically using this ponytail rollerset to dry my hair smooth. I usually use the big, green rollers.

I'm going to try 12 grey rollers next time and see the difference. :yep:

Sorry Isis, i meant when its wet, after you put it in the hair band, do you comb it with a big or a thin tooth comb to put it on the rollers?

*Dee* said:
lonei I was just about to shout you out on the forum until I noticed this thread!! Your hair is beautiful! what type of relaxer do you use (brand, lye/no lye)?? thanx

Thank you. I have been using motions salon herbal regular relaxer (lye) for about a year and a bit now. However I have been extremely frustrated with my hair and thought about BCing because it comes out texlaxed and i like bone straight hair. I am now starting to change me way of thinking and am trying to understand my hair a bit more. The only problem I have with it really is when its wet as it normally matts together, however all my problems may soon be over as I think I have now found the correct products and regimen.

lonei said:
Thank you. I have been using motions salon herbal regular relaxer (lye) for about a year and a bit now. However I have been extremely frustrated with my hair and thought about BCing because it comes out texlaxed and i like bone straight hair. I am now starting to change me way of thinking and am trying to understand my hair a bit more. The only problem I have with it really is when its wet as it normally matts together, however all my problems may soon be over as I think I have now found the correct products and regimen.
your hair looks beautiful and healthy. what is your new regimen to help you deal with the texture?

keylargo said:
your hair looks beautiful and healthy. what is your new regimen to help you deal with the texture?

Thank you, heres my new regimen:

I tex-relax every 12 weeks with motions salons herbal (lye)
I colour every 12 weeks with react seinna semi permanent colour
I trim once every 12 weeks

I wash my hair once every 2 weeks. I either use moisture or protein.

Moisture:

1. I detangle with Kemi Oil and Pre Poo with Suave conditioner for about 10 minutes.
2. I wash with Keracare 1st lather poo, then their hydrating poo.
3. I condition with keracare humecto for 20 minutes under the steamer.
4. I detangle with Salerm 21 and then rollerset with NTM silk touch leave in.
5. I flat iron the roots/1st inch or so
6. I make 2 large pincurls at the back of my head and put my hair net and silk scarf on for bed.

Protein:

I use protein at week 4 and week 10. Everything else is the same except step 2 and 3 where i use the Motions CPR poo and con.

During the week every few days or so I use Keracare oil sheen or essential oils lightly in sections.
I finger comb and dont use a comb for the next 2 weeks until wash day. I see hardly any breakage this way.

The most important things have been finding products that detangle well and help straighten frizzy hair. These are the Keracare poo and con, salerm 21 and NTM. During the 2 weeks my hair isn't hard to manage, its only when its wet and now i am trying to be more patient.

Obviously we can't say it enough. Your hair is gorgeous!!!! And it's nice to see a simple regimen that works well for you. Congratulations!!!

Back