New Regimen! 4A/4B you should give it a whirl...

KrystalClear

If you have been struggling trying to get your hair soft and easy to manage you should try this new regimen I started. My hair is sooo soft now, it is a miracle lol. I have tried it twice now so I can honestly say that this is what has really helped.

Here are the products I use:
54ynwp.jpg

Biotin (Spring Valley Brand from Walmart) Hair Skin & Nails (Natures Bounty from Walgreens) ApHogee (green tea reconstructor) , Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose (mixed with castor oil from any health food store) , Boar bristle brush, wide tooth shower comb, & my castor oil mixed with coconut oil mix (in the tube next to the ApHogee), unrefined pure shea butter & the castor oil is Home Health brand.

My new regimen:

*I prepoo with coconut oil mixed with a little castor oil the night before (sleep in it with cap on).

*Next day I first sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. Let my hair cool. Then rinse it off as good as I can (it's oil so of course it doesn't completely wash out).
*Dry hair enough to keep it damp, not wet. I then put my aubrey organics honey suckle rose mixed with some castor oil in my hair, saturate it well and sit under the dryer for like 30 minutes. Let my hair cool. Then I finally rinse my hair out while in the shower.

After that my hair is SO SOFT!

Once I'm done with the shower routine I get out and:

1. Dry my hair to a damp state, not wet.
2. Spritz my ends and colored part of my strands with my keratin green tea reconstructor I mixed it with half water so it would not be too strong
3. Add maybe a quarter size of my castor oil + coconut oil mix to my strands or the unrefined shea butter

And that's it!

My hair is moisturized, NOT OILY or GREASY.
I then put it up in a DAMP BUN, and I'm done!

It's QUICK, EASY and I lose a very few strands!
My hair was previously texturized so my hair really is doing well for the damage I had done to it. It is thrivingggg. :lick:

Your regi sounds great! Jah knows I need a routine to help moisturise my situation!!

So when you wit under the dryer with the prepoo you have a cap on right?

My hair also likes Aloe Vera Juice/water and various oils. Since I started on that regiment no hair coming out like before. I guess my hair prefers oils.

Best,
Almond Eyes

morning OP...what is your hair type? Are you natural, relaxed, etc?

thanks!

Hey hey! Well I'm currently mostly natural... but I'm transitioning from a bad texturizer I did. You live and you learn huh! Ooo and my hair type is a 4a... butttt it seems like my new growth is changing to a looser curl. Maybe due to a more moisturizing/hydrated diet and new hair practices?

My hair also likes Aloe Vera Juice/water and various oils. Since I started on that regiment no hair coming out like before. I guess my hair prefers oils.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Ya I didn't realize my hair lovessss and adores oils too! Hassss to have heavy ones. And heavy butters!

If you have been struggling trying to get your hair soft and easy to manage you should try this new regimen I started. My hair is sooo soft now, it is a miracle lol. I have tried it twice now so I can honestly say that this is what has really helped.

Here are the products I use:
54ynwp.jpg

Biotin (Spring Valley Brand from Walmart) Hair Skin & Nails (Natures Bounty from Walgreens) ApHogee (green tea reconstructor) , Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose (mixed with castor oil from any health food store) , Boar bristle brush, wide tooth shower comb, & my castor oil mixed with coconut oil mix (in the tube next to the ApHogee), unrefined pure shea butter & the castor oil is Home Health brand.

My new regimen:

*I prepoo with coconut oil mixed with a little castor oil the night before (sleep in it with cap on).

*Next day I first sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. Let my hair cool. Then rinse it off as good as I can (it's oil so of course it doesn't completely wash out).
*Dry hair enough to keep it damp, not wet. I then put my aubrey organics honey suckle rose mixed with some castor oil in my hair, saturate it well and sit under the dryer for like 30 minutes. Let my hair cool. Then I finally rinse my hair out while in the shower.

After that my hair is SO SOFT!

Once I'm done with the shower routine I get out and:

1. Dry my hair to a damp state, not wet.
2. Spritz my ends and colored part of my strands with my keratin green tea reconstructor I mixed it with half water so it would not be too strong
3. Add maybe a quarter size of my castor oil + coconut oil mix to my strands or the unrefined shea butter

And that's it!

My hair is moisturized, NOT OILY or GREASY.
I then put it up in a DAMP BUN, and I'm done!

It's QUICK, EASY and I lose a very few strands!
My hair was previously texturized so my hair really is doing well for the damage I had done to it. It is thrivingggg. :lick:

:dance7::goodpost::master:

Ooooohhhh, I'm in need of a short & simple regimen and I have most of these supplies. I actually just ordered my Jamaican Blk Castor Oil on Friday, so I'll be putting this into practice asap. OP, I love your hair, so fluffy and pretty and I can't wait to rock a new color.

Back