New Pictures- 3c/4a natural

velvethalo

Hey everyone! I took some new pictures velvethalo pics and wanted to share them with you all. I've been feeling like my hair has stopped growing these past couple of months. Then I took these pictures and saw the difference from the same time last year. I still feel like I'm creeping along, but I read once that hair grows slower in colder weather, and it sure has been cold here!

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Girl, your hair is absolutely Gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.
notworthy.gif

Hey velvethalo--your hair is bee-u-tiful!

I was looking at your hair album and just have a quick question...the synthetic hair that you used for your twists--what does it look like in the package? Is is straight or wavy? I really like how they hang. thx!
smile.gif

This is absolutely atrocious I mean really, I am physically disgusted that you and your hair are absolutely gorgeous. I need to lie down.

Beautiful,girl! I really love your big dry hair-that is my goal. I could barely see your face with all of that hair! Plus I second honey jammz's question-holla back!

I love your hair. I pretty much went natural for the reasons you did... I also hesitated b/c everyone around kept telling me how a relaxer is better, and my hair won't last and blah blah blah. I was like if they can do it why can't we.....

Now when they see me they just stare in amazement. Especially at the length b/c those relaxers tore my hair up. It never got this long w/ a relaxer.

Keep it up girl. It looks great.

Oh I forgot to say, I love how frizzy the twist got, those were really pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
inkysphinx said:
Your hair makes me want to STAY natural! LOL I hope to get to that length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto....absolutely gorgeous....
smile.gif

I can't wait until my hair looks like this with shrinkage on wash day!!! Keep up the wonderful work, it's beautiful. Those twists were really pretty.

YOur hair looks wonderful. Can you find glycerine in Denmark? If you add some to your conditoner and spay that should combat the effects of dry cold air on your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Hey velvethalo--your hair is bee-u-tiful!

I was looking at your hair album and just have a quick question...the synthetic hair that you used for your twists--what does it look like in the package? Is is straight or wavy? I really like how they hang. thx!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called Toyokalon. It's super straight, shiney, and silky and a little more expensive than regular synthetic hair. When I lived in New York, I bought it for $3.99 a pack. Whenever I braid my hair with this people (even my hairdressers) though it was natural.
smile.gif

Thank you for all the compliments everyone! It's a real struggle staying natural here in blond and straight Scandinavia!

[ QUOTE ]
honey_jammz82 said:
Love your hair! How long have you been natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

Off and on for about 12 years. The last time I put chemicals in my hair was 6 years ago- take that back, I dyed my hair for several years and that made it straighter.

But let me tell the truth, I think about relaxing my hair every other day. The ONLY thing that keeps me from going back there, is remembering how fine and stringy it was AND pictures of other natural heads.

[ QUOTE ]
Honeyhips said:
I love your hair. I pretty much went natural for the reasons you did... I also hesitated b/c everyone around kept telling me how a relaxer is better, and my hair won't last and blah blah blah. I was like if they can do it why can't we.....

Now when they see me they just stare in amazement. Especially at the length b/c those relaxers tore my hair up. It never got this long w/ a relaxer.

Keep it up girl. It looks great.

Oh I forgot to say, I love how frizzy the twist got, those were really pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you have some beautiful hair! I wish my hair formed ringlets at the bottom like yours, but it only does that in the shower with the denman (?) brush. What do you do to get your curls to clump like that?

Girlllllll your hair is fab tab u lous...
shocked.gif
I am so loving it how did you achieve this look.......It is absolutely beautiful I so want that natural look

Holla at a sista......

Back