New Pictures- 3c/4a natural

My question is 'how' were you able to hide your hair in those twists? unless i am seeing wrong it looks like your hair is twisted from beginning to end. How were you able to hide your hair? I know that you have to braid it in first at the root to attach it but then you twist down how do you hide your hair cause i wanted to try that but didnt know how to hide my hair.

Yay! Looks good, love the curlies
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
This is absolutely atrocious I mean really, I am physically disgusted that you and your hair are absolutely gorgeous. I need to lie down.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
You're funny.

ITA, Your hair is gorgeous!

Your hair looks great!!!!! I think we have similar hair textures, makes me want to go natural. Keep up the great work. :-)

I love your hair girl!
notworthy.gif
I read your wonderful explaination of what you do to your hair (thank you!)... you said you put a lot of conditioner in your hair and leave it in? I use Pantene too, so I just may try that even b/4 you respond, but how does it feel? Doesn't it harden your hair? Or feel sticky? How much do you leave in? What does it do for your hair?

Thanks in advance! You're a new hair inspiration--keep updating your album!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Girl, your hair is absolutely Gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I'll 3rd it! Gorgeous!

[ QUOTE ]
atlien said:
Girlllllll your hair is fab tab u lous...
shocked.gif
I am so loving it how did you achieve this look.......It is absolutely beautiful I so want that natural look

Holla at a sista......

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for being so sweet!
grin.gif

My routine changes, because sometimes something that I doing will just stop working. I'll have a fabulous hair day, and the next day try to duplicate it and BAM- unruley rat's nest!
mad.gif
Yesterday was one of those days when the opposite happened.

I washed with some generic shampoo. Put in some Pantene. Combed through with a wide tooth comb, (I do this about once a week when it gets too tangley- otherwise I just finger comb). And then used the palms of my hands to make the waves stick together a little more. Then I washed out the Pantene and put more Pantene in, and put a towel on my head. After I towel dried, I put more Pantene in to smooth the oncoming frizzies. I put a dallop of gel around the edges, but not on the rest of my hair cuz I don't like it being crunchy. And that's it.

But next week I'm sure it'll be something new . . .
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
keke said:
My question is 'how' were you able to hide your hair in those twists? unless i am seeing wrong it looks like your hair is twisted from beginning to end. How were you able to hide your hair? I know that you have to braid it in first at the root to attach it but then you twist down how do you hide your hair cause i wanted to try that but didnt know how to hide my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm- it doesn't really look hidden to me.
confused.gif
But the first few weeks I had it it blended in pretty well, because I used gel while I was doing the twists. Also, I use really skinny pieces of hair when I braid- both my own hair and the weave. I don't part with a comb, but I do braid the first inch or so. And after a shower, and the mist has gotten to my hair, I used some gel, and tied a silk scarf around the top. Hmmm- I'll try to see if I can think of anything else.

That's it! You are my natural heroine of the week!!!!

DeLaSeoul was last week (Asha).

Girl your hair is FIERCE!!! I have not seen a head of natural long hair look so HAPPY!!!

I love it!

@HoneyLips, I looked at your latest updates and I am very glad to be able to see your face, you are such a lovely young women and your hair is very beautiful indeed.

@ Velvethalo
Is it very difficult being natural in Denmark, are most of the black women have their hair relaxed and do you find it difficult to get suitable products. Congratulations on having beautiful hair.

Your hair is so thick and pretty. When you moved to Denmark, did you notice much shedding?

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:
@HoneyLips, I looked at your latest updates and I am very glad to be able to see your face, you are such a lovely young women and your hair is very beautiful indeed.

@ Velvethalo
Is it very difficult being natural in Denmark, are most of the black women have their hair relaxed and do you find it difficult to get suitable products. Congratulations on having beautiful hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that it's taken me so long to write back . . .

I hardly see any black women here with relaxers. Most of the black women in the small city where I live are Somali, there are also a few non-Somali African women, and a few Danish/African mixed women. The Somalian woman are for the most part Muslim, so they cover their hair, but the ones I've seen without a haircover have 3c-ish hair and wear a curly fro. The other African women all wear braids. And the mixed ladies I see wear pony-tails or curly fros.

But it's pretty impossible to find products for textured hair, since everyone else here is blond and straight. I've seen one shop that carries Afro hair products, and I'll go and check it out as soon as I have some money. That's why I'm sticking with the Pantene- it works and I don't have a lot of extra dough to experiment.

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
Your hair is so thick and pretty. When you moved to Denmark, did you notice much shedding?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved here I still had braids in my hair. So I haven't really noticed a lot of shedding. My biggest problem has been really dry hair from all of the calcium deposits in the water.

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:

[/ QUOTE ]thank you!

Back