New Pics Demonstrating The Best Flat Iron!

NuMe2004

Ya'll, I am so thrilled right now you would not believe. As you know, I've been transitioning for like a year and a half now and have been trying so very hard to straighten my hair. Well, I think I finally found the solution to my problems.

Since I refuse to go to the salon, I began searching hi and lo for the best flat iron. I previously was using a conair ceramic with one heat setting. Just a few days ago I bought a new ceramic iron I saw at Walmart that was also by conair, except this one has 30 heat settings. It was $28.84. I used it last night and am lovin' it! It got my hair straighter than it's ever been and it didn't take me that long either since the iron was the right temp. Plus, this one has a softer grip and easy to use thinner handle than most 2" plate irons.

Check out my updated pic at http://public.fotki.com/hair2004 and see what I mean!

NuMe,
Your hair looks great. I am relaxed but I may have to go out and get that flat iron.
scratchchin.gif

Great results! How would you describe your natural hair in its curly state? Was it hard to get str8?

Thanks Lorraine. Trust me, you will love it I'm sure. It even gives you advice on which setting to use on your hair.

yeh that does look good considering that you are natural, man where is a Wally's in NY when u need one

Ayeshia,
My natural hair is very curly. I would say I have combination hair like a 3b/c possibly. My hair is considered fine and not course which is why I wouldn't say it is a 4. I can actually get it pretty straight by air drying with moisturizer in it if I slick it back in a bun. That's what I did before I straightened it. I usually have trouble getting it to lie flat since it is soo fine. But, this iron which uses ionic heat to smooth down fly aways seemed to help. Plus it got the front of my hair line straighter than I've ever been able to get it which is amazing to me because that is the part of my hair that I have the most trouble with.

[ QUOTE ]
NuMe2004 said:
Ayeshia,
My natural hair is very curly. I would say I have combination hair like a 3b/c possibly. My hair is considered fine and not course which is why I wouldn't say it is a 4. I can actually get it pretty straight by air drying with moisturizer in it if I slick it back in a bun. That's what I did before I straightened it. I usually have trouble getting it to lie flat since it is soo fine. But, this iron which uses ionic heat to smooth down fly aways seemed to help. Plus it got the front of my hair line straighter than I've ever been able to get it which is amazing to me because that is the part of my hair that I have the most trouble with.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. Your hair sounds like mines. But mines is on the course side
smile.gif

Question: What makes you think that it is the best flat iron have you tried the chi or rusk? how does it compare?

I want a flat iron but I'm such a snob that I always have to buy the most expensive things cos usually they tend to be the best.

NuMe2004 ur hair looks great. very thick. Whats ur hair goal? U said U have to get one, I think I will
grin.gif
next year maybe this year No heat challenge

[ QUOTE ]
Question: What makes you think that it is the best flat iron have you tried the chi or rusk? how does it compare?

I want a flat iron but I'm such a snob that I always have to buy the most expensive things cos usually they tend to be the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with the above statement. You get what you pay for. The Conair flat iron did a good job on the poster's hair, but I'm afraid that the flat iron is ceramic coated because of the price. Ceramic coated irons will not do a good job after a while. I have a FHI which is an ionic ceramic flat iron and it's the best thing since sliced bread. The FHI cost about $120.00.

I had my stylist use my FHI on my hair this past Spring and I had to boil a very large pot of water at church. I leaned over the pot while it was boiling and the steam made my face wet but my hair did not revert. I've never had this happen with ANY flat iron I've used before.

Hey all, thanks for the compliments. Sorry, but I don't have a picture of it at this time. I will however post one when I get a chance.

To those of you who asked: "What makes you think that it is the best flat iron," all I have to say is that it is the best flat iron for me. I have used other brands and versions (conair, golden hot) and so far this is the only one that has gotten my hair straight with little effort. Besides, isn't it all relative? What works for you may not work for others regardless of the price of the products. I was just offering a suggestion to those who can't afford high priced irons and who desire one with multiple heat settings.

nume,
I definitely see where u are coming from. Not everyone has or wants to spend that much money on a flat iron, so its nice to know there are others with comparable results. Even some of the expensive irons are ceramic coated and not all ceramic and many dont have heat settings. The only reason I got an upper end one was because a lovely lady from this board gave me a bargain of a deal on it.

I think u got a good buy and Im sure others appreciate to thumbs up! Its probably better then the jibere one(I hated it and returned it) which was twice that price....

[ QUOTE ]
NuMe2004 said:
I was just offering a suggestion to those who can't afford high priced irons and who desire one with multiple heat settings.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it was appreciated thanks..Im still trying to decide which one to get
smile.gif

NuMe2004 said:
Ya'll, I am so thrilled right now you would not believe. As you know, I've been transitioning for like a year and a half now and have been trying so very hard to straighten my hair. Well, I think I finally found the solution to my problems.

Since I refuse to go to the salon, I began searching hi and lo for the best flat iron. I previously was using a conair ceramic with one heat setting. Just a few days ago I bought a new ceramic iron I saw at Walmart that was also by conair, except this one has 30 heat settings. It was $28.84. I used it last night and am lovin' it! It got my hair straighter than it's ever been and it didn't take me that long either since the iron was the right temp. Plus, this one has a softer grip and easy to use thinner handle than most 2" plate irons.

Check out my updated pic at http://public.fotki.com/hair2004 and see what I mean!

Thanks for sharing this w/ us! Your hair looks great! That flat iron sure did the job.

I too have a Conair Ceramic with the 30 settings!! I love it!
I just began to use it on setting #1 & it's FAB-U-LOUS!!!
:clap:

Back