New Pics: 13 Weeks Post (Roller Set)

Chrissmiss

http://public.fotki.com/chrissmiss/november-2008/

I was supposed to get my hair touched up next monday but my hair dresser just called and canceled. :wallbash: So I guess I'll be strectching another week. I have no problem stretching I just really wanted to see my progress. The last pic in the album is of what I do a night to perserve the set it also takes the poofiness out and make my hair a lot sleeker. I'll post more pics to show the after math in the morning... if I remember.

Edit: Added pics from this morning!

Last edited:
Your hair is pretty.
It looks like you have stretching down to a science and that you could go longer if you chose to.
You also have a lot of new growth so I'm sure you'll see alot of growth when you relax.

Op your hair is so silky and thick! I stalked your fotki but I didn't see your regimine. Would you mind sharing it with us? Also curious to know if you ever air dry your hair.

Your hair is pretty.
It looks like you have stretching down to a science and that you could go longer if you chose to.
You also have a lot of new growth so I'm sure you'll see alot of growth when you relax.

Thank you. I don't have any problems stretching, after all I did transtion for over a year when I was going natural. But I'm just itching for that "creamy crack". I think I have about 1.5 inches of new growth which is funny to me because just 2 or so weeks ago I was complaining about how I barely had an inch. I think my hair has been growing faster since I started my new multi-vitamin. Puritan's Pride Women Mega Vit.

Op your hair is so silky and thick! I stalked your fotki but I didn't see your regimine. Would you mind sharing it with us? Also curious to know if you ever air dry your hair.

Mostly I air dry my hair in a bun or in 2-3 twists usually after a co-wash. Sometimes I just leave it down to air dry after detangling and it drys pretty straight. I perfer rollersets though because I love wearing my hair straight and down. Here's the link to my reggie: http://simplyalex-simplyalex.blogspot.com/2008/10/hair-regimen.html

Notes:

I wash and deep condition my hair once every 5-7 days.

I may co-wash in between when wearing a bun or twistout.

I moisturize the last 4-5'' of my hair nightly before I go to bed.

I clearify once a month.

I relax once every 3 months with Affirm normal stregth.

I use Aphogee 2-Step Treatment once every 8 weeks.

Hair Type: 4a/4b Relaxed
Hair Length: 18-19'' (measured from crown)

Products:

-Elucence MB Shampoo
-Suave Coconut Conditioner
- Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
- Silk Element Mega Silk (Olive Oil)
-Aphogee Green Tea Treatment
-Elucence MB Conditioner
-IC Hair Polisher Heat Protecting Serum
-Silken Child Silk Moisturizing Creme
-Aloe Vera Gel

Routine:

1. Detangle hair in 6 or more sections first using fingers then a large tooth comb. Braid or clip up each section afterwards.

2.Co-wash w/ Suave (I wash my hair in two sections left & right). I saturate my hair with the conditioner and massage in making sure to focus on roots to soften them.

3.Shampoo scalp and roots with Elucence 1x.

4. Deep condition hair under dryer for 15-30 mins w/ Aphogee 2 minute or Silk Elements (Alternate every other wash).Rinse.

5. Apply Aphogee Green Tea then Elucence MB. Seal with IC serum.

6. a)Roller Set b) Wet Bun c) Braid or Twist Out d) Flat Iorn (0nce a Month)

---------------------------------------------------------

There... I copied and pasted it too. :-)

looks great!
How do you manage your new growth so many weeks post?T
This stretch around, I challenge myself to rollerset weekly but after about 8 or 9 weeks, my ng becomes soo hard to deal with...

Back