New Orleans weather laughs in my face

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
yesterday I went to a salon and had my hair straightened. I came out with bouncy hair.....swinging and falling back into place. Anyways I had a couple errands to run then had to go to the whole foods store. Needless to say by the time I got home my hair was a frizzy mess. I just had to pull it back in one to go to work. I tamed it a bit lastnight when I oiled my scalp and I wrapped my head in a silk scarf. I'm back at work and my hair looks ok. It's staying flat and has a bit of sheen.

The summer in montreal is quite humid too so I totally understand you.
What to do in those situations? sabino moisture block??
rollerset?
caruso???

Awww VAL! I was just thinking about you! If I was a natural in New Orleans I wouldn't even try to wear my hair straight lol. I miss home but I enjoyed washing my hair everyday out there. You're very resourceful to have ways of keeping it straight while in New Orleans.

PS: Can you please please please go to Brothers and get me some chicken and a meat pie? I am feening!

Awww VAL! I was just thinking about you! If I was a natural in New Orleans I wouldn't even try to wear my hair straight lol. I miss home but I enjoyed washing my hair everyday out there. You're very resourceful to have ways of keeping it straight while in New Orleans.

PS: Can you please please please go to Brothers and get me some chicken and a meat pie? I am feening!
awww... I feel special :blush::grin:

girl I don't even know where Brothers is.....you need to tell me cause I love me some meat pies YUM!

my coworker wears her natural BSL hair straight all the time and it's hardly ever frizzy. I don't know how she does it.

I agree, I am in slidell, la.. and New Orleans is across the twin span.. and the humidity is fierce..I am relaxed and still frizzy cause of the humidity.. so I am bunning for the summer. No other choice.:sad:

Last edited:
Ive been to Brothers. They have great food and my father in law is a chef at one. I cant wait to head back down there

I agree, I am in slidell, la.. and New Orleans is across the twin span.. and the humidity is fierce..I am relaxed and still frizzy cause of the humidity.. so I am bunning for the summer. No other choice.:sad:
I used to go to Slidell often when my b/f was building a house there...... I bought my car out there too.

But this weather is no joke.... if it frizzes up your relaxed hair then there is no hope for my natural hair

I was just in Lafayette like a month ago. I got my samples of Sabino MB and flat ironed my hair before I left. I had to touch up the edges a few times b/c I didn't use enough MB on the roots but other than that it really kept my hair straight.

I will def be getting a bottle after I'm done with my protective styling kick this summer.

Oh - I'm not fully natural - transitioning, but I was 18 wks post when I went.

This record heat down south is killing my rollersets. I have to sleep in rollers almost every night now.

Back