My hair laughs in the face of Flat irons *pics*

Your hair is beautiful in it's natural state. I like the blow-out pics.:yep:

Ditto! :yep: Your shrunken afro is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!!!!

And I love your BAA. It's so hawt you've got animals calling it out:
105767489v5_225x225_Front.jpg

:giggle:

I don't think I used to condition well when I used to get a press like yours, so there must be something to that since I've improved on that. I still can't say no to 'wet-to-dry' presses because they have never failed me. Even back when all I knew were presses like yours, I changed that with them. I don't stretch by blowdrying but use Curlformers in my effort to cut back on the heat I use. I then use a wet protectant for one pass of the iron (the WTD step), then I apply a serum and pass the iron one more time.

But OP if your hair feels smooth and soft and manageable, I say that's all you need. Dominican Blowout look great but how many horror stories have you heard? So better to get a press that doesn't look that great but still have a healthy head of hair. I think Mwedzi's presses are a good example that silky straight is not always the best way to go. Her mane is SICK!!!! :love:

love your hair! especially the afro!!!
but u only had the maxiglide on 5???
im relaxed bone straight and need to have it on at least 8 to get mine straight.

I just wanted to add to try the maxiglide on 5 with a better blowout before turning it up to 8. You may be surprised how a good blowout can change your results. I use mine on 5-6 and you seem to have a looser texture than me. My flatiron results are in my siggy.

ETA: The picture on the right is when I flat ironed my hair myself.

Ditto! :yep: Your shrunken afro is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!!!!

And I love your BAA. It's so hawt you've got animals calling it out:
105767489v5_225x225_Front.jpg

:giggle:

I don't think I used to condition well when I used to get a press like yours, so there must be something to that since I've improved on that. I still can't say no to 'wet-to-dry' presses because they have never failed me. Even back when all I knew were presses like yours, I changed that with them. I don't stretch by blowdrying but use Curlformers in my effort to cut back on the heat I use. I then use a wet protectant for one pass of the iron (the WTD step), then I apply a serum and pass the iron one more time.

But OP if your hair feels smooth and soft and manageable, I say that's all you need. Dominican Blowout look great but how many horror stories have you heard? So better to get a press that doesn't look that great but still have a healthy head of hair. I think Mwedzi's presses are a good example that silky straight is not always the best way to go. Her mane is SICK!!!! :love:

Thank you!!!!!!!

I searched for Mwedzi's straight hair pictures

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=349581&highlight=

Her hair is lovely and soo thick! I have thick hair too, but not as lush as hers!

Oh and how ironic is it that today I have my best curly hair day? All the curls are defined and pretty... haha I guess my hair never wants to be put through the torture of heat again, so it decided to be on it's best curly behavior!

Oh and how ironic is it that today I have my best curly hair day? All the curls are defined and pretty... haha I guess my hair never wants to be put through the torture of heat again, so it decided to be on it's best curly behavior!

You know you deserve a :spank: talmbout how pretty your hair looks and keeping the visual all to yourself. *sucks teef*

Wrong! Just so wrong!

You know you deserve a :spank: talmbout how pretty your hair looks and keeping the visual all to yourself. *sucks teef*

Wrong! Just so wrong!

Oh crap! I'll take a picture now... even though I've been laying on it haha so it doesn't quite look the same now at 1 am

Whoah I am like the antiphotogenic today... haha Focus on the hair... focus on the hair. Well it is 1 am... so that's my excuse- late night photo op.

anyway... I have so many different textures of hair on my head, but this is a wash and go. So these are the curls untouched.

IMG_6903.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

Very cute! Well worth the wait. :yep: And your hair looks uber healthy and soft!

Thank you for posting the pics. :kiss:

Now that I've seen them, I can go to sleep. :grin:

and this is why i relaxed and loving it. i think you just need to turn the heat up tho. if i could get my hair pin straight with a 25$ flat iron when i was natural, i know you can do the same with a maxiglide fa sure. :yep:
You relaxed ur hair, OMG i was so phucling away of this place !!!

OP your texture is beautiful.

Love the pics and your facial expressions. Your hair is thick and I think that the other ladies have given you some good advice on getting it straighter...Keep us posted!

so do you guys think next time I attempt this whole flat iron thing I should turn the temperature of the maxiglide to maybe an 8? Hmmm this was so much easier when I was relaxed... haha

naaah, i love it the way it is!!! super gorgeous fro, remind me of mae on youtube

i love your hair, not heat, (but if u do ....please bring back pics!) :lick:

Back