New "Natural" DC Search| Relaxed Hair Edition

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Hey ladies I'm on a new quest for a natural deep conditioner. I'm relaxed so using a good deep conditioner is needed.

Relaxed heads, do you hand make your own DC?

Hydratherma Naturals has cones & other synthetic ingredients.

I did some research and found out companies like TRESemme, ApHogee, Garnier, Jessicurl, and even synthetic fragrances release formaldehyde.

I love Anita Grant but Rhassoul works best on natural hair. Should I just make my own protein deep conditioner and just F this search?

Aubrey Organics: Honeysuckle rose, Rosa Mosqueta, White Camellia are my go to choices.

ETA: Combined with a moisturizing tea rinse you've got yumminess :lick:

Yes I'm relaxed. I DC based on what I feel I need and what time permits.
A steamed DC about once a week for 15-20 minutes.
A DC with a cap if I need to run errands for 30 minutes+ on occasion.
Overnight dc's on occasion as well.

I do all DC's on dry/dirty hair. No hoping in and out of the shower for me.

Yes I'm relaxed. I DC based on what I feel I need and what time permits. A steamed DC about once a week for 15-20 minutes. A DC with a cap if I need to run errands for 30 minutes+ on occasion. Overnight dc's on occasion as well. I do all DC's on dry/dirty hair. No hoping in and out of the shower for me.

Nix08

I haven't tried AO in years (5 to be exact)... Do they leave a lot of water in your shower cap once you take it off after you deep condition?

Nix08

I haven't tried AO in years (5 to be exact)... Do they leave a lot of water in your shower cap once you take it off after you deep condition?

No they don't but I am very light handed with products. My strands are fine so I try to not have my dc's too wet...it just seems to be more effective that way for me.

In no particular order:
Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab or CJ Deep Fix (Banana Hibiscus)
Claudies Avocado Intense, Protein Renew *various*
MyHoneyChild (various)
The Pomade Shop's Coffee
Silk Dreams (various)
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Raspberry DC'er
Bel Nouvo Jamaican Black & Haitian Black Castor Oil DC'er
SheScentIt Fortifying, Banana Brulee, Okra
Kizuri Beauty's Cocoa Vanilla DC'er
Naturelle Grow (various)
Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioner
Jessicurl's Deep Treatment
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask
Aubrey Organics (various)
Marie Dean (various)

I boo at so called natural conditioners! Honestly, nothing about them have wowed me. When I was relaxed, the QP Soy Oil blew all the ones I have brought out my regimen. If I want to amp it up, I combo it with some ayervedic oils. The Soy Oil also works on my natural hair, too.

I boo at so called natural conditioners! Honestly, nothing about them have wowed me. When I was relaxed, the QP Soy Oil blew all the ones I have brought out my regimen. If I want to amp it up, I combo it with some ayervedic oils. The Soy Oil also works on my natural hair, too.

Ive tried and liked the Elasta QP Soy Oyl...wonder why I stopped using it. I think I loved it....thanks for the reminder!!!:grin:

I use trader joes nourish spa with a squirt of honey and castor oil. I love the Bee Mine and Hairveda DC's but Im heavy handed and can't justify the cost long term.

If you want protein Aubrey Organics GPB is great. Moisturizing I have to go with my beloved Myhoneychild honey hair mask, coconut papaya hair paste, and olive you deep conditioner. Karen's Body Beautiful luscious locks hair mask is also great but its expensive. I could get 2 16oz deep conditioners from Myhoneychild for the price of one deep conditioner from KBB.

In no particular order: Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er Curl Junkie Curl Rehab or CJ Deep Fix (Banana Hibiscus) Claudies Avocado Intense, Protein Renew *various* MyHoneyChild (various) The Pomade Shop's Coffee Silk Dreams (various) Hairveda's Sitrinillah Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Raspberry DC'er Bel Nouvo Jamaican Black & Haitian Black Castor Oil DC'er SheScentIt Fortifying, Banana Brulee, Okra Kizuri Beauty's Cocoa Vanilla DC'er Naturelle Grow (various) Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioner Jessicurl's Deep Treatment Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask Aubrey Organics (various) Marie Dean (various)

Everyone one of those conditioners have synthetic ingredients in there except Aubrey.

Fragrances are comprised of at least 700 chemicals...some of which release formaldehyde

DDTexlaxed
What are the ingredients for it?

No list:

NaturelleGrow
Bee Mine
She Scent It
Qhemet Biologics
MyHoneyChild
Soultonicals
Curls
Darcy's Botonicals
Hairveda
Afroveda
..... The list continues are not natural in my eyes when you have ingredients that are carcinogens.

DDTexlaxed
What are the ingredients for it?

I don't have access to a computer. I type on kindle. I will get the ingredients list tomorrow. The product has mineral oil and petrolatum. To hard core natural ladies, the ingredients are usually avoided. They work for my hair and when I want extra boost, I use ayervedic oils to amp it up.:yep:

I don't have access to a computer. I type on kindle. I will get the ingredients list tomorrow. The product has mineral oil and petrolatum. To hard core natural ladies, the ingredients are usually avoided. They work for my hair and when I want extra boost, I use ayervedic oils to amp it up.:yep:

DDTexlaxed
Nvm...mineral and petroleum gives me high porosity. I've decided to create my own homemade conditioner

If your homemade conditioner doesn't work for you then try KBB luscious locks hair mask. It's all natural and doesn't have dyes or fragrance. Its the only one I know of that fits your criteria.

BronxJazzy

I think we have a winner =D . No preservatives, no fragrances, no minerals, parabens, cones, phthatales, dyes, Yay!!!!!

I will definitely experiment w/ this. Adding keratin and flax seed oil, etc to convert it to a protein conditioner. $25 (come on Black Friday and cyber Monday)

For moisture, nothing beats Australian Pink Clay. I mix the powder with warm water, avg, SAAs and Tresemme Naturals or Shea Moisture deep treatment masque. The clay smells good on its own but I sometimes add EOs. Its ultra moisturizing. It really pops my DDs natural curls.

For protein, I use both the Nubian Heritage masques. I wanna try the AOGBP. I use several diff VO5 conditioners to add small bursts of protein.

Plan to order keratin amino acid to add to my consitioners

I LOVE this HHJ!!

LACE Naturals: Bramhi Deep Conditioner
Kizuri Beauty's Cocoa Vanilla DC'er
Purabody Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie

Last edited:
Aubrey Organics: Honeysuckle rose, Rosa Mosqueta, White Camellia are my go to choices.

ETA: Combined with a moisturizing tea rinse you've got yumminess :lick:

I really like AO Rosa Mosqueta, and Shescentit for DCs.

You can use all the same DC you did when you were natural as long as it doesn't contain cones, Petroleum, or lanolin oil.

I only use cones if I'm using heat to protect from heat damage and that's only in a serum.

@BronxJazzy

I think we have a winner =D . No preservatives, no fragrances, no minerals, parabens, cones, phthatales, dyes, Yay!!!!!

I will definitely experiment w/ this. Adding keratin and flax seed oil, etc to convert it to a protein conditioner. $25 (come on Black Friday and cyber Monday)
I'm so glad you found the one. Its a great deep conditioner. It makes my hair so soft. The only reason why I stopped using it was because its expensive. But it works wonders on my natural and relaxed hair.

Back