New Member finally out of hiding!

SophieDulce

Hi ladies,

I'd just like to make an introduction, I've been lurking here since august of 2008 and have finally decided to become a member. I have been basically a life long natural but never really knew how to do my hair or what products to use, I remember always begging my mother to give a relaxer and she never would. I had dred locks for about 8 years, and i recently combed them out, part of the inspiration for this was coming to this forum and learning so much about how to care for my hair. I think my hair is 4a , i just recently got my blow out , it was nice, but kind of like big hair and it was just bone straight without to much body or volume, but i like the bouncy silky feeling. I usually where my hair out in braids outs or wash and go's. My goal is to have bra strap length natural hair, that hopefully will be waistlength if i decided to straighten it. I am very happy to be a part of the longhaircare family.

Last edited:
When you put pictures in your profile there's 2 ways to post you can use the
that's below it or post the web address. If the pictures are in your computer you can go to advance in your post, go to manaage attachments and upload them that way.

Hope that's understandable.

Welcome to the forums!

here's a pic of when i started combing them out, and the last is my fro after i blow dried

Last edited:
Welcome to LHCF. Wow you were able to comb out your dreds?! Never heard of that before. I always thought they had to be cut out. Good for you so you could keep your length!

Oh it is a combo, i used nyx expresso lip liner, and mixed it nyx the smokey look lip gloss, and some lip gloss i got from costco called petal...Can't afford mac anymore ;)

Oh it is a combo, i used nyx expresso lip liner, and mixed it nyx the smokey look lip gloss, and some lip gloss i got from costco called petal...Can't afford mac anymore ;)
Oh wow, who would've known, I have NYX iced latte and NYX sponge cake, very similar in color. Thanks

Back