New Member finally out of hiding!

Welcome and I concur, you and your hair are beautiful. I'm loving your thickness and curls. HHG!

I, too, am in awe of the fact that you combed out your locs. That makes me really, really wonder about those APL-length locs I chopped back in 2005. Man...wonder how long my hair would be now.....

Your hair is beautiful! How did you get it so moisturized so quickly? It looks the picture of health!

Welcome to the board!!!

cj

I, too, am in awe of the fact that you combed out your locs. That makes me really, really wonder about those APL-length locs I chopped back in 2005. Man...wonder how long my hair would be now.....

Your hair is beautiful! How did you get it so moisturized so quickly? It looks the picture of health!

Welcome to the board!!!

cj

Thank you,Well its funny that you say that, I had heard from a friend that used to work at a braiding shop that her boss took out her locks, I couldn't believe it, I always thought that the only way I could take them out was by cutting them off. Well one day i got a safety pin and just starting picking at the ends and whaaa laa it came out ! lol..it ended up taking about off and on for a year, i was pregnant and not really feeling good, so i started with the back and just kind of covered them and braiding the loose pieces of hair and putting the locs over the loose hair. In the meantime, i had been lurking in lhcf learning about deep conditioning , proper moisturizing, protecting your ends. to make the process faster i cut my locks right under shoulder length, i lost a lot of hair, but it was enough to work with. my hair has been out for about 4 months now and the only problem im really having is dryness and shedding but i think that may be due to the post pregancy horomes and winter. im trying to find a simple regime and products that work for me, it took me 2 months to figure out my hair is protien sensative. for moisture im usually co-wash with hello hydration, and put in coconut oil and seal with shea butter.

Welcome aboard, your hair is gorgeous! Another loc-loosing story for the archives, really interesting, well done.

Back