new fotki pics

jaded_faerie

updated my fotki pics!
I got it trimmed today, its looking much healthier....
not too much growth this much, but as long as its looking healthy :)
One of the ladies asked me if that was my hair, when the lady was doing my hair :) i felt like i had made some progress!
I have a question though...the middle of my head, the hair is broken VERY bad...it is like 2 in long, due to weaving it and letting the hair mat up. Anyways the lady who had done my hair said that this was also due to me waiting a long time to relax my hair.....is that true? im 3 months post relaxer right now.

jaded_faerie said:
updated my fotki pics!
I got it trimmed today, its looking much healthier....
not too much growth this much, but as long as its looking healthy :)
One of the ladies asked me if that was my hair, when the lady was doing my hair :) i felt like i had made some progress!
I have a question though...the middle of my head, the hair is broken VERY bad...it is like 2 in long, due to weaving it and letting the hair mat up. Anyways the lady who had done my hair said that this was also due to me waiting a long time to relax my hair.....is that true? im 3 months post relaxer right now.
I would say the breakage is due to your hair matting up. That will do it. Stretching your relaxer would give you a positive result (unless you were not caring for your hair). Your hairdresser may just want you to come in for a touchup more often.

Your new hair pics look great! Your hair looks thicker too, very pretty! :up:

Thankyou!
Yea that was my first time at that place....i didnt think it was due to me stretching out my relaxer...i have been moisturizing and surging everyday....washing and deepconditioning once a week religiously.

You hair looks good. About the breaking....when you wear weave do you brush with hard brushes, over gel, do not wash once or twice a week, use a curling iron more than you should,etc....? If this is you.....That was me....I recently learned to love my hair and not abuse it when in a protective style....I would say just look first at your hair routine (really look at it). And research were you might have went wrong. As far as you hair dresser..I think she is after your money not the condition of you hair. I had a hair dresser that really cared, but she moved away.....I still did not find anyone good to replace her yet other than myself.

yea i had no idea how to take care of my hair when i had it in a weave... this is before i found the hair forums....i will be weaving my hair today, so now i am much more informed on how to take care of my hair....before i wouldnt wash for a month or more at a time, i would leave my weave in for 3 months and let my hair mat up...:(

Wow! Your hair is so pretty. I love the color.

I agree with everyone else the breakage is not from stretching out your relaxer.

Keep doing what you are doing because it is working for your hair. The broken parts will catch up!

Your hair is looking very healthy. You've made lots of progress in a short time. And what a beautiful smile you have :)

Thanks army!!
But i havent seen any breakage since i put the color in...however i feel as though there isnt as much growth each month as there was when i didnt have the color...

Back