New Breakthru Heat Strengthening Creme

secretdiamond

Hey, I have been following these hair forums for a while now and I love the great tips I am getting from all you ladies. I have tried not to post questions and to look for my answers and have found most of them. here's one lingering one:

My hair had been breaking and dry from using too much heat so I bought Breakthru's new heat activated strengthening styling creme.

It states on the bottle that "with anti-breakage technology, this heat activated strengthening creme makes your hair dramatically stronger and healthier-looking when used with any heat application."

As I was walking from the beauty supply store I decided to test it out on my hair even though I was not applying heat just to see how it made my hair feel and see if it would weigh my hair down. Well it automatically made it feel so soft and moisturized. When I got home, I used my curling iron and my hair never looked better. I never got so many compliments on my hair. (I was also beginning to use Pantene R&N shampoo)

I love this product so much that I was even using it when I didn't use heat.

Although I love this product, I want to know what you guys think about it. I have searched on the web for more info but found nothing. (maybe b/c it's so new) And b/c no one here is raving about it, I am thinking that it may not be as great I as I think it is.

I use it every time I use heat, but is it a really good heat protectant after all?

I'm thinking of buying the CHI flat iron and want to know if this will be good to use the way everyone loves the biosilk.

Oh and by the way-- what is the best size flat iron to buy-- 1" or 2". Pros and cons please

A really good heat protectant will have at least ONE of the following ingredients (preferably two or more):

-anionic sulfonated polystyrene
-polyquaternium-4
-phytantriol (preferable with panthenol included for extra strenth)
-PVP/DMAPA acrylates copolymer
-quaternium-70 [AND] propylene glycol

There may be more (I suspect that the above may have other names), but these are the ones I KNOW of. Check out this link http://www.cwacts.com/events/GlobalBeauty/pdf/ColleenRocafort.pdf for excellent information on heat protectant ingredients as well as other good hair care information. Is kind of long but the stuff dealing with relaxed/black hair care issues start at about page 27. The information on ingredents start on page 36. Hope this helps!

i don't know about their styling creme but I love their moisturizing shampoo
smile.gif

personally, i prefer the 1" flat iron...i find it easier to maneuver and its really easy to add the cute little bump at the ends of your hair...
~T~

I have a 1" CHI turbo...I think 1" is what most ppl buy bc u can get closer to your roots and create a bent at the end(like a wrap). I love this thing and have to put it away bc I had no desire to use heat until I got this...

dont know about the break thru line...a friend of mine used to use it and during that period of time her hair broke off a lot and it was from curling irons so Im assumings its not all that great at preventing damage...

I picked this up from the store yesterday. I washed my hair today and I'm letting it airdry overnight. I'm thinking about using it when I'm flatironing my hair tomorrow. Has anyone else used this creme before?

I ended up using it and it straightened well but I had too much jojoba oil in my hair so it was limp. I'll give it another shot in a few weeks to a month the next time I flatiron.

Back