New and Full of Questions

euronda

Hello Everybody! I am new to the site and I have a few questions.

1. Where can I find out what hair type I have?
2. I have always had thick hair and have recently gotten it to grow to the base of my neck, but for the past couple of weeks, it has been shedding like crazy. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

I have "stalked" this site for a few months and I finally decided to subscribe. I'm really glad I did!

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Welcome!

I think the best way to answer a few of your questions require more info like: Are you natural or relaxed? What regimen are you using? Healthy or health problems (possible reasons for shedding)?

I am the worst person to ask about type of hair, so I am sure another one of the ladies can chime in here.

*Welcome*

Hair typing is hard. Are you relaxed or natural? TheNaturalHairProject (thehairlab) made different threads of people posting the hair corresponding to their hair type. Try looking through the threads to see if any matches your hair.

How are you protecting your hair? The winter can be really harsh on hair so you must keep up with your moisture. Also stay away from coconut oil if you are using that b/c it can make your hard enough to break in cold weather.

Last edited:
Back