New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

1. How far into your transition are you? 24 weeks/6 months
2. What's your transition goal? 12 months 15 months if I'm patient.

Checking In: I will be 30 weeks post relaxer on Saturday! I have been fighting the urge to BC. So, on Tuesday night I got some cornrows put in an effort to hide my hair for a while. By the time I take them out, I'm sure the urge to chop will have subsided. Although, on Monday night I did dust my ends a bit. In fact, I may have trimmed them, I think I took off about two inches and still need more trimming. I am no longer APL, but that's ok. I'm sure I'll get back to APL and beyond when my hair is in it's natural state.

I have attached pics of my hair after I washed and blow dried Monday and pics of my cornrows.

Attachments

• 6.28.10 Before Getting Cornrows.jpg
    6.28.10 Before Getting Cornrows.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Cornrows 6.30.10.jpg
    Cornrows 6.30.10.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Cornrows at Home 6.30.10.jpg
    Cornrows at Home 6.30.10.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 13
Almost 8 months post. Woot Woot!!!

I've bunned all week long and I've loved every minute of it. My mom is coming tomorrow and she's gonna braid my hair so I can wear a braidout next week. I am exicited!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to learn to braid with my 31 year old self. Blame shame. :lachen:

Hi ladies,

I'm still going strong with my routine of baggying every night and applying my favorite leave-ins 3xs a week. My hair has remained moisturized throughout the week. I am just trying to enjoy my hair and learn what my natural hair loves. The nape section that I BCed is now just past 6.5 inches, which is right on track with my .5 inch per month growth.

My BC urge has finally subsided...for now.

hello ladies!! :dance7:i am 60 weeks post and i have yarn braids in for the rest of my transition. here is a pic of my hair after its been washed. darn thing is so thick! i barely even want to comb it..sheesh!

Attachments

• 21284987047_ORIG.jpg
    21284987047_ORIG.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 21284987028_ORIG.jpg
    21284987028_ORIG.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
  • yarn braids.jpg
    yarn braids.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 13
1. How far into your transition are you? 7 months post

2. What's your transition goal? Go as long as I can pushing for 1 year and 1/2 may go longer

Right now just plan to transition with cornrows and braids that I will do myself

1. How far into your transition are you? 7 months post

2. What's your transition goal? Go as long as I can pushing for 1 year and 1/2 may go longer

Right now just plan to transition with cornrows and braids that I will do myself

Just wondering....is your ticker wrong or did you make a typo?

^^^^ you will just stay focused, be patient, and stalk :hide: all of the beautiful natural heads on fotki, LHCF, etc (hey it keeps me motivated)

No its right I have 5 months left until I am 1 year relaxer free.. I guess it should be worded differently but I wanted a countdown one but didn't have any luck finding the right one..

OH lol tickerfactory has a countdown one it should be under events. I made one for my big chop day....actually yours is counting down I think it's just worded wrong. Dah well. As long as you know what it means lol

^^^^ you will just stay focused, be patient, and stalk :hide: all of the beautiful natural heads on fotki, LHCF, etc (hey it keeps me motivated)

Oh I am. I have Fotkis saved in my favorite that I get to drool over all the time. :lachen: I have to say that at 2 months, I'm looking forward to the journey. The little curlies are popping up all over the place. I think that once I hit the 9 month mark, I'll be able to decide when to BC. When did you decide on the BC date?

:congrats: can't wait to see the pictures!

I am so sorry I forgot to post in this thread. I will be back with pics :yep:.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES.
001-1-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Once dry my curl pattern is tight coils. I'm 4A. I thought I might be a 3C/4A while transitioning but once natural determined I'm all 4A. I :love: my hair. I have never said this about my hair in my 37 years until I bc'd.

Last edited:
Oh I am. I have Fotkis saved in my favorite that I get to drool over all the time. :lachen: I have to say that at 2 months, I'm looking forward to the journey. The little curlies are popping up all over the place. I think that once I hit the 9 month mark, I'll be able to decide when to BC. When did you decide on the BC date?

when I first started my transition I intially set my BC date at 1 year post, but as the time passed I figured it's not so bad once I figured out what to do with my hair. So at about 7/8 mths post I decided 18mths would be my BC date; however, I definitely feel I can do longer.

Back