NEVER THINK OF PURCHASING BEFORE STARTING YOUR HAIR JOURNEY

darkempress

HEY:) ,
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU OWN RIGHT NOW, THAT YOU WOULD NEVER THINK OF PURCHASING BEFORE YOU STARTED YOUR HAIR JOURNEY?
FOR ME IT WOULD HAVE TO BE CLARIFYING SHAMPOOS AND HENNA. I ALWAYS THAT SHAMPOO WAS SHAMPOO, AND ALL OF THEM DID THE SAME THING:perplexed . AND I LEARNED OF HENNA THROUGH THIS BOARD. BUT BEFORE STARTING MY HAIR JOURNEY I DONT THINK I COULD OF SEEN MYSELF BUYING THESE PRODUCTS.

SO WHAT ARE YOURS????

Leave-conditioners and moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Before, I used to use any ol' shampoo & conditioner, never thought to use one that was actually for my hair's specific needs.

Vatika Oil or other Indian Hair Products, MTG, Wigs (:), LOL, I always thought they were for old women). Certain vitamin supplements, such as biotin and silica (is that spelled correctly?)

Oh man, there are so many. Let's see... Clarifying shampoo, protein treatments, castor oil, vitamins, Dove Moisture Mist, NTM... I would have NEVER bought "white people" products for my head!

Lets see: Dominican products, Scurl, a heat cap, leave in conditioners, moisturizers (I always used grease:confused:), oils for sealing, sandwhich bags and I would not be buying Alberto vo5 and suave conditioners by the dozen (I cowash now) :p!

I may think of more ;)

darkempress said:
HEY:) ,
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU OWN RIGHT NOW, THAT YOU WOULD NEVER THINK OF PURCHASING BEFORE YOU STARTED YOUR HAIR JOURNEY?

I would definetly say Pantene it is a good product. However I am going to return to Keracare.

This is my first post here after a month of late night readings. Some of the things I've never even heard of before coming to LHCF. The most I would ever do is an Aphogee treatment (and I really thought I was doing something). The biggest things for me are the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and the MTG. You ladies have really taught me alot. My brain is like a sponge. Such a difference I've seen in my month of starting to really care for and love my hair.

sweetcoco said:
Lets see: Dominican products, Scurl, a heat cap, leave in conditioners, moisturizers (I always used grease:confused:), oils for sealing, sandwhich bags and I would not be buying Alberto vo5 and suave conditioners by the dozen (I cowash now) :p!

I may think of more ;)

Yeah, that's me right there.

Let's see, what else

Oils
Mainstream "white" products ( I didn't know ONE black person who used Herbal Essences before I joined the board)
Protein treatments
Vitamins
A product that costs more than $10

and even though I haven't bought it yet, I can't wait to get my hands on some Coconut Milk

I would say approx. 90% of hair care items...mostly will be M-T-G, black castor oil, cowash conditioners(Suave), deep conditioning conditioners, leave-in, Dominican Products, vitamins etc. Also baggying, use of silk/satin wraps pillowcases, shower combs, shower filters so many things I could go on, on but I am so glad I found LHCF... THANK YOU! You all are so wonderful...thank you for the wealth of hair care info....HHG:grin: :grin: :grin:

Oils, Neutrogena products, Henna, Boundless Tresses, Protein treatments, Cheapie conditioners, Keracare, Kenra...basically any products more than $10.

Protein treatment, Henna and other indian products, S-curl, Vitamins, Miconazole Nitrate (Daktarin), castor oil, ...
Thanks LHCF !!! ^____^

MTG/ Sulphur powder, Shikakai, MN, MSM and although i had a lot of products mentioned here I didn't know how to use them properly, now I do...Well that's my story and i'm sticking to it!;)

For me it would be castor oil, jojoba oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, V05 conditoner by itself (never thought I would be co-washing) and I never thought I would be so interested in the ingredients that are in products that I use...but now I find myself flipping over all my products just like I do with the food that I consume. Have to know whats in it

I thought all you needed was shampoo, conditioner and grease.:eek:

The 3 things I bought that never would have before are:

1. Thermal spray
2. Biosilk
3. NTM Silk Touch

Oils, serums, Indian products (henna, Vatika oil and amla oil), my beloved silicon mx, lacio lacio and all of my other dominican products, protien treatments and reconstructors, trimming shears, rollers and flexi-rods.

I'd have to say 95% of all the goodies I have acquired I can say LHCF provided the knowledge for me! MTG, Henna, Good Hair Day Pins, Pre-Pooing, Heat Cap, Satin Scrunchies, Satin Bonnet, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, WGO, Baggying.....You get the idea!!:lol:

I would never buy Keracare products. I would never consider buying a 36.00 tub of conditioner when I figure I could just buy one for 99 cents.

I would never consider buying a salon style hair dryer for rollersetting. In fact, I would not have taught myself to rollerset. I believed that only professionals who had years of experience could do it, not some broke college student like me.

-Jojoba & Coconut Oil
-Mane N Tail products - I didn't think they worked on "black" hair.
-Henna
-Dominican products
-Clarifying shampoo
-An up-right hair dryer that I sit under - I figured that I would just blow dry my hair for the rest of my life.
-Boundless Tresses

Last edited:
Back