Neutrogena Triple Moisture Split End Mender

Coffee

Has anyone used this product? I saw it in CVS today and picked it up. It's supposed to treat dry split ends and protect from further damage.

CVS also has Renpure & Organics on sale for $4.99.

Hmmm. I saw that too and am curious to see what others think. I really like NTM but, I don't know that I believe it can "mend" split ends. Still, their products get my respect.

mend" split ends

I thought that ment the product kinda glues the end so it doesnt move up further on the strand. Please correct me if I'm wrong. TY

I picked some up today at Ulta. The product states "bringing the split ends together to repair the damage and prevent future split ends from forming". I'm coming out of braids and my ends could use some pampering. Will see how it goes.

I picked some up today at Ulta. The product states "bringing the split ends together to repair the damage and prevent future split ends from forming". I'm coming out of braids and my ends could use some pampering. Will see how it goes.

make sure you give us a review :) I am interested as I love the Silk Leave in. Maybe once I get my stash down I will try it. :)

I used it a few days ago and I had a few split ends. it did "mend" them together and made my ends less frizzy.

This is a revolutionary product if it holds up to it's claims because it will help with length retention. So far so good! got mine at Ulta but if you have a Nordstrom's Rack near you they sell if for about 5.94 a bit less than Ulta.

Last edited:
Professional
Treats dry split ends and protects from future damage

• Treats extra dry, over-processed or color treated hair
Transforms split ends and infuses hair with shine and silkiness.
Lightweight balm with patent-pending technology penetrates porous hair ends and seals with a durable ionic bond, bringing the split ends together to repair the damage and prevent future split ends from forming.

Taken from...http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...m=neutrogena_triple_moistu&CAWELAID=459643619

I just bought some this morning, and put a little on my ends...I don't have many splits, but I have been cutting away my relaxed ends a little at a time, and I think this will help with retention. It's a little sticky-feeling on my hands, but not bad. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I have been using this for a few days. It does seem to "glue" them together and make them much smoother and moisturized. Overall I would buy it again, especially if it helps with retention.

I've been using it for the last week. I'm in twists so I haven't really noticed a difference. I use it every 3 days. I'm not taking by twist down for another 2 weeks so I'll see how it did.

I have found that it works best on damp hair; I've been applying it as one of my leave-ins after washing/co-washing. Added bonus; no more sticky feeling when used on wet hair.

Hah! I used this tonight. It really is quite a good product. DEFINITELY best used on damp hair, it's very slick and a clear color different from the silk touch leave in which looks more creamy.

It has helped, everyone who said it has a bonding effect has it right because that's what it does. It does make hair less frizzy and a little stronger.

i have been using this for the last week and it does "seal", and make splits less noticeable. however, i think i could get the same results from coconut/castor oil or even a serum. its too expensive for me to buy it again, so i think i will stick with my oils.

Think I'll buy this & use it until l get my trim in Sept or Oct 2010 this year....

Happy Hair Growing!

Wow, I have loved the NTM line and so I am highly, HIGHLY tempted to buy this! Do they have it at Walgreens too? Because I haven't seen any NTM at my CVS nearby; any time I've bought NTM it's been from Walgreens!

But if this really does work even just a little with helping retention!

ive been using it for a couple of months right after after every wash while hair is damp. i like it a lot. stops my ends from being frizzy and feeling dry. a lil runny and sticky.

I think I need to go get some. I'm a non-trimmer (haven't trimmed since '08), and I know my ends are the best lol. Maybe this can hold me off until I'm ready to trim at WL. I need more Leave-In too :O lol.

Wow, I have loved the NTM line and so I am highly, HIGHLY tempted to buy this! Do they have it at Walgreens too? Because I haven't seen any NTM at my CVS nearby; any time I've bought NTM it's been from Walgreens!

But if this really does work even just a little with helping retention!

Yep, they have it at Walgreens. What I find odd is that Walmart doesn't seem to carry the NTM line, at least not around here. How does that happen? They carry Neutrogena's skin care line, but no NTM?

I'm so bad. I already got mine :nono:

I got it from Walgreens. It was $7.49 or so! I'm so eager to try this. I'm near the top of the "World's Worst Ends" list lol.

ive been using it for a couple of months right after after every wash while hair is damp. i like it a lot. stops my ends from being frizzy and feeling dry. a lil runny and sticky.

I have too, I like it. It lasts much longer than I thought it would. I use it on dry ends right before I seal.

I purchased the whole line but Ive only been using the split end mender. It does feel sticky but after you rub it in it gets smooth. I use it every nite before bed. Joico Kpak has a split end mender as well, I use it on wet hair. I just had to have about 2 inches cut off my ends because they were thin so Im doing whatever I can to prevent that from happening again.

I have this product and honestly couldnt tell if it was working, but I didnt even think to put it on damp hair. I bet it would make it work better. I think I'll try putting it on wet hair and then sealing w/ some kinda oil.

Ive heard great things abt this product, however, I will say that I've heard Bumble and Bumble Mending Complex is better. How does the joico compare?

I saw the tigi version of this at Target today, but didn't purchase because I did not understand how the product worked. Might go back and pick it up now.

I have this product and honestly couldnt tell if it was working, but I didnt even think to put it on damp hair. I bet it would make it work better. I think I'll try putting it on wet hair and then sealing w/ some kinda oil.

Ive heard great things abt this product, however, I will say that I've heard Bumble and Bumble Mending Complex is better. How does the joico compare?

There are no Rite Aid's where I live, and Walgreens apparently does not have it (least last time I checked). Does anyone know where else?

I have seen Ulta selling Neutrogena hair products recently (on sale too! Buy one get one 50 percent off!!!), but I don't remember seeing this product there.....

Back