Negative results.....

Kinkyhairlady

using boundless tresses anyone? I just started using it this week but I have just been putting it in the nape area and my edges, it seems to be reverting the nape area and my temples to look more kinkier, I don't know why that it but I hope it is not breaking the hair off. Anyways everyone has said such great things about the product but is there anyone who was not too satisfied with it. I will continue to apply it unless I see something very noticeable and then I will know for a fact it is not for me. I did experience breakage with mtg in the nape area so this is making me wonder if this might be the same.

Yes, my sides look much more nappy too... I just assume it is beloved new growth... I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. No breakage tho.

dcprdiva said:
Yes, my sides look much more nappy too... I just assume it is beloved new growth... I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. No breakage tho.

I think I just read a quote by you, you also had negative results with mtg to right? Do you have the oderless one or the one with peppermint? I have the oderless and I can certainly smell it, it smells like mtg slightly not to strong but strong enough to smell on my pillow case and hands when I touch my hair. I can get use to it as long as it works I guess.

Ellis said:
I think I just read a quote by you, you also had negative results with mtg to right? Do you have the oderless one or the one with peppermint? I have the oderless and I can certainly smell it, it smells like mtg slightly not to strong but strong enough to smell on my pillow case and hands when I touch my hair. I can get use to it as long as it works I guess.

i never used the regular MTG, I just use boundless tresses.... i use the one with the fragrance. smells good but i just gave myself a touch up feb. 28 and my hair looks like it needs another touchup already

I like using my boundless tresses but I think it might be making my hair shed more. I used it last night and today when I got back from school I took my hair out of my clip. I just ran my fingers through it and it was full of long hairs. I think I am going to cut back using it or dilute it more. I do love how soft my hair feels using it though. :( I hope my shedding is the cause but we will see.

gymfreak336 said:
I like using my boundless tresses but I think it might be making my hair shed more. I used it last night and today when I got back from school I took my hair out of my clip. I just ran my fingers through it and it was full of long hairs. I think I am going to cut back using it or dilute it more. I do love how soft my hair feels using it though. :( I hope my shedding is the cause but we will see.

do you use it every day?

Ellis said:
using boundless tresses anyone? I just started using it this week but I have just been putting it in the nape area and my edges, it seems to be reverting the nape area and my temples to look more kinkier, I don't know why that it but I hope it is not breaking the hair off. Anyways everyone has said such great things about the product but is there anyone who was not too satisfied with it. I will continue to apply it unless I see something very noticeable and then I will know for a fact it is not for me. I did experience breakage with mtg in the nape area so this is making me wonder if this might be the same.

I don't think it's possible for it to revert a relaxer. What you're experiencing may just be the new growth caused by Boundless Tresses.

gymfreak336 said:

I think you may get that with you start many topical products that make hair grow faster - at least for a short time.

I have never used Boundless tresses, but I have used other things. It always seems like my hair sheds more.

That's why I always feel odd about using my growth aids. Are they prolonging the anagen (growth) phase or just making my strands reach the inevitable telogen phase sooner so I see more shedding.

Anyway, all the times I have used growth aids and got more shedding, it stopped doing that after a short time.

HoneyDew said:
I think you may get that with you start many topical products that make hair grow faster - at least for a short time.

I have never used Boundless tresses, but I have used other things. It always seems like my hair sheds more.

That's why I always feel odd about using my growth aids. Are they prolonging the anagen (growth) phase or just making my strands reach the inevitable telogen phase sooner so I see more shedding.

Anyway, all the times I have used growth aids and got more shedding, it stopped doing that after a short time.

Gotcha. Thanks girl. I am going to keep using it then. I love the way it smells and makes my newgrowth feel. I haven't even used it a full month yet so I won't quit just yet.

OT: Have you decided how you are going to deal with your underprocessed hair??

gymfreak336 said:
Gotcha. Thanks girl. I am going to keep using it then. I love the way it smells and makes my newgrowth feel. I haven't even used it a full month yet so I won't quit just yet.

OT: Have you decided how you are going to deal with your underprocessed hair??

I am afraid to do a corrective. But, then it seems easy to take care of sometimes. Last night with the right shampoo and conditoner and style, you cannot even tell. I just hate avoiding things (like the jacuzzi for example) because of my hair.

I am going to try to really give myself a nice relaxer in three weeks. I don't need it to be really straight, just a bit more.

HoneyDew said:
I am afraid to do a corrective. But, then it seems easy to take care of sometimes. Last night with the right shampoo and conditoner and style, you cannot even tell. I just hate avoiding things (like the jacuzzi for example) because of my hair.

I am going to try to really give myself a nice relaxer in three weeks. I don't need it to be really straight, just a bit more.

I am going to do a relaxer in 3-4 weeks too. I spoke to my stylist cousin about how to deal with my underproccessing issue and she gave me great advice about how to do it without killing my hair. I posted it in the thread I started about my silk elements issues.

Ellis said:

Sounds more like a positive than negative. You're probably experiencing new thicker growth, thinking the relaxer is reverting. You can't revert a relaxer. Some people have claimed 1/4 to 1/2 in per week. Sounds like you have a growth spurt and nothing more.

With MTG my growth comes in very thick. I'd expect the same with BT.

Back