Need your help, new here!!phyto vs. silk elements

Precious_1

Hi everyone, I am new to the boards. I am so excited to be here. I was just searching on the internet and came across you all. I am hearing so much about phyto relaxers and silk elements. I have currently stretched 8 weeks with out a relaxer with the help of a sew in weave. by reading all your posts i think i might like to try phyto. If my hair is previously relaxed is it safe to use phyto? i also ordered the MTG after reading several posts. your replies and help is appreciated.:)

Well, if it were me, I would use the Silk Elements. Its the next best thing since sliced bread!:lol: And its cheap, too. I think the majority of ladies here use it. I havent tried Phyto, and probably never will if they continue to make Silk Elements.

Well, let me be the first to welcome you! You have just won your 1st million just by finding this site. This site is worth every penny!

Sorry I can't offer up advice concerning phytospecific's relaxer. I am going to try it myself some time around June/July of next year. I am currently stretching my relaxer for 1 year just to gain length and thicken my hair.

MonaRae

Precious_1 said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the boards. I am so excited to be here. I was just searching on the internet and came across you all. I am hearing so much about phyto relaxers and silk elements. I have currently stretched 8 weeks with out a relaxer with the help of a sew in weave. by reading all your posts i think i might like to try phyto. If my hair is previously relaxed is it safe to use phyto? i also ordered the MTG after reading several posts. your replies and help is appreciated.:)

Welcome and glad you found us..I am sorry but I can't offer any advice regarding the two relaxers...I use ORS Olive Oil relaxer myself:grin:

shunta said:
Well, if it were me, I would use the Silk Elements. Its the next best thing since sliced bread!:lol: And its cheap, too. I think the majority of ladies here use it. I havent tried Phyto, and probably never will if they continue to make Silk Elements.

I am beginning to think Shunta is my hair twin and I didn't know it.:lol: I would say Silk Elements for the exact same reasons. I have never tried Phyto and I dont plan on it. I really like the Silk Elements that much!

Last edited:
silk elements! I've never ried the phyto, but I almost did. I say try the silk elements first since it's cheaper and if you don't like it, go for the phyto. Lots of ladies love phyto too.

I am thinking about trying Phyto at my next touch up in a couple of weeks because it is supposed to be very effective, yet "non-chemical".

I've never used the phyto relaxer either, but my last relaxer was w/ Silk Elements (lye). It was my first time using a lye relaxer and the SE brand. I loved the results. My hair was soft and straight. Definitely a keeper. Plus it's not that expensive!!

I have never tried phyto relaxer, I really like silk elements, so this is what I would recommend.

Welcome to the board & Good Luck!:D

Welcome to the board :)

I've been a PhytoRelaxer user for almost 2 years--

I did do a patch test w/SE mild, just because the curiousity was killing me:look: --it wasn't all over my head..just a teeny area....I had no burning with it:eek: , so if I was going to go the mild lye route, this would be the one...

but after my most recent touch up with Phyto (I can never capture a photo that does it justice), I know that I can't stray, Phyto is my ish.

Good luck with your decision.

Letitia said:
I am being to think Shunta is my hair twin and I dont know it.:lol: I would say Silk Elements for the exact same reasons. I have never tried Phyto and I dont plan on it. I really like the Silk Elements that much!

:huh: Did I just get dumped? That's messed up. :look:

There is a post on here titled everything you ever wanted to know about phyto specific it's long and goes into great detail.

I posted a simular thread to this before I relaxed my hair, but I didn't find anyone that had experience using both.

I decided to go with the Silk Elements because people raved about it and it was CHEAP and easy to obtain. Just run around the corner to Sally's! Soooo many ladies raved about it, and it cost $56.00 less that Phyto!

I jazzed up my relaxing process some what mimicking the steps used in the Phyto kit.... I used SE mild and added olive oil. I based the tar out of my scalp with base and olive oil. My hair is fine and relaxes pretty quickly. I rinsed for 10 minutes lol. Then instead of the netutrilzer shampoo I smoothed Ultra Sheen Duo Tex through for about 5 mins. Then I followed up with a shampoo of Optimum netruizer. Then I DCed with Kerastase Oleo-Relax, followed with Fermodyl leave in. I remember my stylists using conditioner right after the relaxer before netrulizing. My hair came out so suipple and it wasn't as just relaxed flat as it can be otherwise.

I chose Lye relaxer over No Lye in general because I read about NL causing calcium build up over time which can be very drying to hair. I figured it would dry my type of hair which is very fine. Lye is easier on your hair, No Lye is easier on your scalp. If I learn how to stretch I shouldn't have to relax more than 5 - 7 times per yearl....we shall see. When I used to get my hair relaxed at the shop they used Lye, like Design or Affirm. I think SE is on par with those relaxers if not better.

I hope that helps.

My hair is like butta baby!!

Oh, and welcome to the board, this place has been a head saver and a source of great entertainment!! I have to get my butt off of here this week so I can get some work done! LOL hahahahaha!!

ENJOY!!!

sareca said:
Hey, I'll pick ya up, no worries!

I love your before and after pictures. I keep trying to take some but they come out horrifying!!!:eek: I can't share those with ya'll, I's embarrassed!

Precious_1 said:

Hi fellow newbie! I joined this month too!

I am trying phyto tomorrow morning. I have been using no-lye for 15-20 years now so I don't plan to go back to lye. I have been wanting to try this for some time now because it doesn't have the chemicals. I tried to stretch to 8 weeks but I only made it to 7 because I have 1-1/2" of new growth :) and I am shedding a little. So I tought I better go ahead and touch up now until I get more comfortable taking care of my hair with this much new growth.

I'll let you know what I think.

Royal Glory said:
Hi fellow newbie! I joined this month too!

I am trying phyto tomorrow morning. I have been using no-lye for 15-20 years now so I don't plan to go back to lye. I have been wanting to try this for some time now because it doesn't have the chemicals. I tried to stretch to 8 weeks but I only made it to 7 because I have 1-1/2" of new growth :) and I am shedding a little. So I tought I better go ahead and touch up now until I get more comfortable taking care of my hair with this much new growth.

I'll let you know what I think.

Wishing you a lovely PhytoRelaxer experience...:)

sareca said:

Oh of course not. :p I think we just have another head of hair like ours. I would never dump my first found hair twin. :kiss: Huggles.

(Your new progress pics are looking good. Great growth and shine!)

AtlantaJJ said:
Hey, I'll pick ya up, no worries!

I love your before and after pictures. I keep trying to take some but they come out horrifying!!!:eek: I can't share those with ya'll, I's embarrassed!

They can't be that bad AtlantaJJ. I can't wait to see them.
psst....loving the UPA clip. sooo cute! MichelleHall did her thing!

Shunta..........That's right..triplets!

Back