Need words of encouragement from my sisters!!!!!

Trinity1

I'm going into my 7th week post relaxer and REALLY want to postpone it at least until the 8th week. If I can start relaxing every 8 weeks as opposed to every 6 weeks then I would have taken away 3 relaxer processes a year leaving me at 6 per year instead of 9. Wow 9,thats horrible!!!!!! Eventually I want to get to 4 per year. Please send words of encouragment to help me get through the next week and a half. I really am tempted to put the relaxer in tonight!!!!!! I'm going to buy some Pantene Smooth and Sleek conditioner tonight to help soften the new growth and some castor oil because I hear this does wonders.

Love you Ladies!!!!!

Tee Tee

Hey Tee Tee, girl hang in there. One week is a breeze. Can you put your hair away in a bun? If so, that's what I'd recommend. Good move on the Pantene. Spray some S-Curl on that bad body and just keep it mositurized until touch up time. NExt week you'll be celebrating waiting 8 weeks
cheers.gif

Thanks Armyqt. I know just one more week,and what I can do is put my hair in braids at night with scurl and castor oil and then in morning when I take my hair out I use some pantene relaxed daily oil cream to slick it back in a nice ponytail. The length of the ponytail is really thick and wavy when I do this and I LOVE the way that looks on me. So thank you so much for your encouragment. A week is a breeze.

hey! so proud of you for stretching! As said above, stay moisturized and leave your hair alone! Trust me u can do it. I get four relaxers a year and really have no problem because i co-wash/rinse daily and leave my hair alone.

Hi, Tee Tee
wave.gif

I relax my hair 3 times a year (Feb, Jul, Nov), down from relaxing every two months (8 weeks) which would have been 6 times a year.

I use protective styles daily, but you don't have to. Wash your hair once a week 9of more frequently if you desire) and airdry your hair in the ponytail method after applying a moisturizing leave-in. When it's semi-dry, you can blow dry it if need be.

Just keep your hair moisturized and you may even make it to week 10. And if you can make it to week 10, week 12 should be easy. If you can make it to week 12, you wouldn't have had a relaxer for three whole months. Your hair just may thank you for it.
smile.gif

Well Ladies I went out and brought some Pantene smooth and sleek conditioner for my conditioner washes to help soften my new growth while extending my relaxer and I gotta say this stuff wreaked havoc on my hair!!!! The broken pieces of hair become more apparent each time I passed the comb through it to detangle. I knew immediately it was the Pantene conditioner because this never happened to me with my regular Suave and V05 conditioners. It must be something in the ingredients in Pantene that doesnt agree with my hair. I love their Pantene relaxed daily oil cream though. Anyhow I had to wash it again with Suave conditioner and put some Proclaim cholesterol deep moisturizing treatment on it for 30 mins. My hair is back to normal. Man I spent 5.99 on a big bottle of that Pantene from CVS,that sucks......oh well, I rather lose 5.99 then lose my hair......LOL

Tee Tee

[ QUOTE ]
Tee Tee said:
Well Ladies I went out and brought some Pantene smooth and sleek conditioner for my conditioner washes to help soften my new growth while extending my relaxer and I gotta say this stuff wreaked havoc on my hair!!!! The broken pieces of hair become more apparent each time I passed the comb through it to detangle. I knew immediately it was the Pantene conditioner because this never happened to me with my regular Suave and V05 conditioners. It must be something in the ingredients in Pantene that doesnt agree with my hair. I love their Pantene relaxed daily oil cream though. Anyhow I had to wash it again with Suave conditioner and put some Proclaim cholesterol deep moisturizing treatment on it for 30 mins. My hair is back to normal. Man I spent 5.99 on a big bottle of that Pantene from CVS,that sucks......oh well, I rather lose 5.99 then lose my hair......LOL

Tee Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

Proclaim cholesterol always saves the day for me too!!
smile.gif

I use Lekair Cholesterol or do a hot oil treatment to help soften the hair. The Pantene Smooth and Sleek is okay it did not break my hair off.

Tee Tee, if I can do it you can too
smile.gif
I will be at 8 weeks on Sunday. My hair has been behaving well these last few days so I may go another week. Experiment with different conditioners to see which one detangles best. I like Keracare's Humecto, Jason's Tall Grass and Nexus Emergencee conditioners.

Back