Need suggestions and help for major damage after a relaxer!++

outspokenwallflower

I got a relaxer done yesterday, but I hate it. My hair's been really strange lately, breaking quite a bit (different length hair strands) and after yesterdays relaxer, the breakage is very apparent. What should I do and when, to start nursing my hair back to health?

1 product brought my hair back: Aphogee 2 minute...followed with a nice long DC. :), LOW manipulation!

I am going through the exact same thing. I am doing weekly DC and trying to get that Protein/Moisture thing in tact. Also, low manipulation and no direct heat at all. I figure if we maintain a strict regimen of doing these things we will reverse this and the body/hair will begin to repair itself. It's going to take patience and time. Stay Encouraged. It'll grow back. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself) :(

Sorry this happened.
Question to you

How long did you wait to place this relaxer in your hair?

Also, ITA with all the ladies suggestions here.

I asked that question b/c of the breakage.

My suggestion is to neutralize again, do some type of mild(ish) protein and then deep condition.

Get some Mane n' Tail conditioner for a protein/moisture combination. Good luck!

Neutralize, do a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and dc with heat with a moisturizing conditioner.

Have you been using heat? Moisturizing daily? Was this a different relaxer than the one you normally use? Did you do it yourself, or did a stylist do it?

It could be a number of things that are causing breakage after a perm, but I agree with frizzy & tiffers: neutralize ASAP, deep condition(protein treatment) followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Keep conditioning your hair. I am wondering if your stylist switched relaxers or used a higher strength of conditioner. Did you pre-coat your strands on previously relaxed strands to prevent overlapping etc? It could be a protein overload....

I got a relaxer done yesterday, but I hate it. My hair's been really strange lately, breaking quite a bit (different length hair strands) and after yesterdays relaxer, the breakage is very apparent. What should I do and when, to start nursing my hair back to health?

So, your hair was breaking before you decided to apply the relaxer?

I would do a protein and then a very moisturizing DC.

I would do nexxus emergencee a week after the relaxer followed by a DC with heat(keep the cap off) and then follow with a moisturizing conditioner. Do this every 2 weeks (emergencee)...and on the weeks you dont do emergencee I would try a light protein like aphogee 2 minute.

Good luck

Back