Need some vendor advice in MA for future wedding

MrsMe

Hello ladies! My fiance (finally) proposed last Thanksgiving after four years. I moved to Massachusetts about a year ago and it is definitely where we are having the wedding. It's just so hard to find vendors on a budget! And I'm talking about a $20,000 budget (although I know nowadays, couples spend a little bit more than that on average). That's the maximum we agreed to spend but it wouldn't hurt to spend less... But as soon as you type "wedding" in the search box or even utter the word, vendors are ready to jump on you like a prey.
So, my question is for the ladies living in MA or neighboring states who can recommend wedding vendors especially photographers. I have found (well, so far it would be my first choice) the videographers already, http://www.wellspunweddings.com/Super-8-Wedding-Film-A.html and I love :love: their work (check out their other videos). Now, I can't have a wonderful wedding movie with crappy, cheap-looking pictures...
Any advice regarding florists, ceremony/reception sites, bridal stores and more are highly welcome.
Note: we're getting married June 2012 but I want to plan this out carefully and spend the least possible.
Thanks!

Congrats!!! Yay!!!
I can't help, but the girls on TheKnot.com will be able to.
Go to the MA forum.
I'm on the NV forum all day planning our wedding and have gotten SO much help and support there.
It's a wonderful forum.
PS 20K budget, that's awesome!! You're going to find great vendors!!
Good luck and happy planning

Totally agree on The Knot, it's been incredibly helpful as I plan a wedding in an unfamiliar city. Also, when you're there check out the African-American Wedding board. Congrats and good luck!

Thanks ladies! I have been checking out The Knot but I haven't ventured around the boards yet.

Totally agree on The Knot, it's been incredibly helpful as I plan a wedding in an unfamiliar city. Also, when you're there check out the African-American Wedding board. Congrats and good luck!

Are you on the AA forums? I recently started chatting there (dani910)

Thanks ladies! I have been checking out The Knot but I haven't ventured around the boards yet.

Do try it out, the women there will help you SO much.

The knot forums are very helpful indeed! I can't believe I didn't check them out before! its a mine field of information and I've already saved a few more photographers within my price range! I'll look you up Whimsy!
Thanks again ladies!

Back