Need some help ladies-washing disaster

Dionne

I washed my hair today like I normally do and used some loreal unfrizz creme as my conditioner. I had just bought it from sallys along with some rollers. I noticed my hair felt kinda hard and tangly but that had been the norm lately. I then proceded to try to wet set my hair. I used some isoplus wrap lotion. My hair looked a mess. I had pieces fallin off rollers, pieces fallin out, and my hair felt so hard and rough that I could hear the comb going through my hair. I finally gave up and jump in the shower. I rinsed my hair again and took out the rollers. I scrambled through my hair stuff to find the strongest shampoo I could find. I used some neutralizing shampoo and washed twice. I used some tropical conditioner(thanks Daviine)and rinsed. My hair felt better but still rough. I wrapped and dried under a dryer and my hair feels soft but its kinda puffy and big. Hopefully it will go down by morning. I am at a lost. I can't find a product to detangle my hair and make it soft, my hair feels so hard and rough and it still keeps fallin out. I am going to call an make a hair appointment this week so maybe I can get some roller setting help. She told me she would go over it step by step with me and let me do half of my head so maybe I can get it right next time I try. As far as the hardness and stickiness of my hair I don't know what to do. I know I use alot of oils and cremes because my hair gets so dry but I always thought I was getting my hair clean. Do you think product build-up is to blame? What should I do. ACV rinse? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Of course, if it is product build up then go with a clarifying shampoo. You did right by re-washing.

If you have trouble roller-setting, then getting the "lesson" from your stylist is a good idea.

If you do not want poofy hair tomorrow and you don't mind messing up your wrap, I say sleep with a firm pony-tail tonight. That will help to lay your hair down.

It sounds like you need a good detangling shampoo and conditioner. Have you tried Elucence? It is wonderful. Also, Cream of Nature Shampoo is great. The Pantene conditioners are very "slippery."

HTH

Hi Dionne,

Sorry to hear about your hair wash disaster. Was it your first time using the L'Oreal unfrizz creme? You were right to wash your hair again. I agree with your decision to contact a hairdresser for rollersetting help. Perhaps they could make some product recommendations as well. It could have been product build up. Try the ACV rinse and see if that helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back