Need some help for my mom's hair

brg240

My mom recently relaxed and her hair and it feels so weird. I don't know how to describe it slighty waxy? I don't know what she washes with I do know she uses different types of greases and similar products for moisture/hold down her hair. I tell her she should look into changing her products but I only use oils/conditioner and she says oil makes my hair smell odd. She also likes her hair sleek and what I use doesn't really hold my hair down.

I suggested she get on here but she won't listen to me.

Also, if you have any cute hair ideas please suggest them. She's thinking of cutting her hair but I think she should just try new hairstyles.

DSCF1621.jpg
DSCF1623.jpg

Slightly waxy? That sounds like product build-up. How often is she clarifying? It could be the greases she's using. Maybe they have petroleum. If she doesn't wash often, it will leave a nasty feeling.

If your mother is anything like mine, she doesn't like wetting her hair/shampooing often lol. She may want to use a new shampoo. I'd recommend Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo as it cleans well but isn't stripping like other shampoos. It will still leave her hair manageable. At least it does for mine, and I'm a relaxed 4a.

I don't know how well IC Fantasia Gel works on relaxed hair. It's a good product as it doesn't leave too much residue and gives good, long-lasting hold. HTH.

ETA: I put my hair up and leave a few of the shorter strands in front to get an idea of what I'd look like with shorter hair. That's usually enough to stop me from doing it lol. Since summer's approaching, she should try fun styles like braidouts or bantu knot-outs :yep:

Last edited:
Slightly waxy? That sounds like product build-up. How often is she clarifying? It could be the greases she's using. Maybe they have petroleum. If she doesn't wash often, it will leave a nasty feeling.

If your mother is anything like mine, she doesn't like wetting her hair/shampooing often lol. She may want to use a new shampoo. I'd recommend Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo as it cleans well but isn't stripping like other shampoos. It will still leave her hair manageable. At least it does for mine, and I'm a relaxed 4a.

I don't know how well IC Fantasia Gel works on relaxed hair. It's a good product as it doesn't leave too much residue and gives good, long-lasting hold. HTH.
Hmm I don't think my mom clarifies. I meant to mention that it's the ends of hair that feel really weird, in the pic you can see were it's not as straight that's where.
They definitely have petroleum in them. Maybe that's what's causing it.

Yeah, I have no idea how often she washes but wetting her hair isn't a problem right after she brushes with water she generally puts it in a ponytail. I'll look into both of those products though, thank you so much. :)

Back