Need jamila henna and indigo

Armyqt

Where can I purchase these online? I want a place that has both, reasonable price, and shipped by the end of the week. I have to say I've totally fallen in love with henna and plan to use it weekly on my hair. I've done 2 treatments so far. And I did one of my daughter's naturals today. I will do hers 2x a month. Thanks :)

Yea, another convert. I get my Jamila from Mendhiskinart.com. I know they also sell indigo but I've only tried the Jamila. They ship quickly but since they're in British Columbia I think so it takes a while to get to the states. Hopefully someone else has some info as I've only tried Hennaforhair's indigo.

alexstin said:
Yea, another convert. I get my Jamila from Mendhiskinart.com. I know they also sell indigo but I've only tried the Jamila. They ship quickly but since they're in British Columbia I think so it takes a while to get to the states. Hopefully someone else has some info as I've only tried Hennaforhair's indigo.

Actually, I ordered from both companies on the same day (jamila from mehindiskinart.com & indigo from henaforhair) and the mehindiskinart order arrived 3 days before my order from hennaforhair! I was shocked.:ohwell:

Ok, I'm back. Why are those prices so outrageous?? That's a lot of money when I plan to do this weekly and I use a half a box each time. I may havbe to get with Sareca. Didn't she order in bulk with someone else? I know she wasn't able to order the indigo in bulk but that's ok. I don't need alot of indigo. I need to do some research.

Thanks. I would love to get some in bulk as well. I did get some locally, but it's not Jamila. I only pd 1.99. $8 plus shipping seems a bit steep. I'm sure I'll end up getting in in bulk. I just need to find a good source.

Armyqt said:
Thanks. I would love to get some in bulk as well. I did get some locally, but it's not Jamila. I only pd 1.99. $8 plus shipping seems a bit steep. I'm sure I'll end up getting in in bulk. I just need to find a good source.

I found the Jamila henna at a local store for (I think) $1.49/box so maybe you could check more than one Indian market. That wasn't the brand I used, though but I think I will get it in the future.

I'm thinking about doing that and ordering indigo off the internet.

Armyqt said:
Ok, I'm back. Why are those prices so outrageous?? That's a lot of money when I plan to do this weekly and I use a half a box each time. I may havbe to get with Sareca. Didn't she order in bulk with someone else? I know she wasn't able to order the indigo in bulk but that's ok. I don't need alot of indigo. I need to do some research.
http://www.hennaforhair.com
they have the best prices, and it gets there quick.You can even order $1 samples. Cassia is for conditioning only. She has all kinds of info on the site. Good luck to you:)

ajargon02 said:
http://www.hennaforhair.com
they have the best prices, and it gets there quick.You can even order $1 samples. Cassia is for conditioning only. She has all kinds of info on the site. Good luck to you:)

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'll also check out my local Indian grocer. I will admit that when I went in there looking for henna, I knew nothing of the branding. I hope they have it @ these prices.

That is the real reason I didnt order this from any of the website listed. If I used it often I would be out of a arm and leg on the henna and indigo. I hope you find a good deal.

Armyqt said:
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'll also check out my local Indian grocer. I will admit that when I went in there looking for henna, I knew nothing of the branding. I hope they have it @ these prices.

Letitia said:
That is the real reason I didnt order this from any of the website listed. If I used it often I would be out of a arm and leg on the henna and indigo. I hope you find a good deal.

Ain't that the truth! Can't afford to henna too often at those prices.....the best thing to do is to find a few people willing to put in and buy it in bulk.

amr501 said:
^^ You didn't read it wrong!
WOW!!! That's fridiculous !!! :perplexed Army, check some local indian stores in the dc area. I know there are plenty there. Actually, the indigo may be harder to find.

Last edited:
kitchen_tician said:
yes, that jamila is pretty high! $7.95 per box! :ohwell: Maybe I read it wrong. I get jamila for a dollar and somthing at my local indian store, Cherians.

I agree those prices are insane!!! :(

amr501 said:
Actually, I ordered from both companies on the same day (jamila from mehindiskinart.com & indigo from henaforhair) and the mehindiskinart order arrived 3 days before my order from hennaforhair! I was shocked.:ohwell:

Don't be surprised. My order took so long to arrive that I called them and they were planning to send me a replacement order. Not sure if this is routine business practice or a one time event . But I may order again. They were very plesant about the whole thing.

I'm going to that indian store in ATL that has it for about $2.00. I'll let you know what they have tommorrow... stay tuned!!

I went to an Indian store here in Houston and they all the oils and amla powder that I wanted but they did not have Jamila henna. They had a couple of others and one of the store workers insisted that one of them was just as good. I forgot what it was called but I didn't feel comfortable getting it. I just love Jamila and I feel like I have to have it now. I don't even want anything else.

Girl I'm going to try and make the big score this week. I have a lady at a Pakistani store that promised she could get a bunch. If I get it you will have some. She said it would be no later than Friday....in the mean time I'm going to scope out a store here in the ATL area.

I did some research and there is good reason to stick with Jamila. I was wondering if there could be a subsitute. From what I read, everything is subtandard to Jamila. It may work fine but its not the best. I like dealing with the best myself....

Beware of bootleg, look for this packaging:

jam06.jpg

Last edited:
Atlanta JJ where are you getting this Henna? I am in ATL as well and want to purchase some. DO I need to call someone so that can get it is stock for me?

TIA

amr501 said:
Ain't that the truth! Can't afford to henna too often at those prices.....the best thing to do is to find a few people willing to put in and buy it in bulk.

You have a good point. The Henna prices make Aveda look like dollar store product! lol. After the shipping and getting enough Henna/Indigo for thick hair, I just couldn't justify it.

I never ordered from any of those websites because the prices are clearly outrageous. I did order from FNWL because I had a few other things to get from them (so I avoided the "small order fee" or whatever it's called). That's the only place I could find on line that charged a reasonable amount for henna. Still, the shipping charges...:ohwell:

Now that I found Jamila locally, it's a beautiful life. $1.99 a box, no shipping charges and no wait to get it in my henna stained hands. YAHOOO!!!

AtlantaJJ said:
Girl I'm going to try and make the big score this week. I have a lady at a Pakistani store that promised she could get a bunch. If I get it you will have some. She said it would be no later than Friday....in the mean time I'm going to scope out a store here in the ATL area.

I did some research and there is good reason to stick with Jamila. I was wondering if there could be a subsitute. From what I read, everything is sustandard to Jamila. It may work fine but its not the best. I like dealing with the best myself....

Beware of bootleg, look for this packaging:

jam06.jpg

Thank you. :) I am hooked on henna now. I just hennaed my daughter's naturals (no dye release) and I loved it. I want to do hers every 2 weeks and mine wkly. Henna really rocks. I can't wait to get the Jamila. I'm ging to go back to that store again and check. I'm almost ssure that saw that Jamila box in there (could be wishful thinking :lol: ), but I'm going back tomorrow. If he doesn't have it, I'll ask him to order some for me. I'll keep you posted.

p.s. Even with the bulk ordering, it still doesnt beat 1.99 a box.

Cichelle said:
I never ordered from any of those websites because the prices are clearly outrageous. I did order from FNWL because I had a few other things to get from them (so I avoided the "small order fee" or whatever it's called). That's the only place I could find on line that charged a reasonable amount for henna. Still, the shipping charges...:ohwell:

Now that I found Jamila locally, it's a beautiful life. $1.99 a box, no shipping charges and no wait to get it in my henna stained hands. YAHOOO!!!

You are so lucky. Wish me luck with my local jamila search :D

Back